Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 14th, 2014, 06:07 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Cool idea, and a good-looking unit! A wording suggestion on Facade -- the way it's worded now, Cormin doesn't need clear sight on the figure he's switching with. The switched figure could be inside the castle, and Cormin outside it. Also, you may want to put "whose base is no more than X levels above or below that of Cormin" so he doesn't switch spots with someone 20 levels above him. (Unless that's what you want!)
Old March 14th, 2014, 06:11 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Cool idea, and a good-looking unit! A wording suggestion on Facade -- the way it's worded now, Cormin doesn't need clear sight on the figure he's switching with. The switched figure could be inside the castle, and Cormin outside it. Also, you may want to put "whose base is no more than X levels above or below that of Cormin" so he doesn't switch spots with someone 20 levels above him. (Unless that's what you want!)
Actually, it is what I wanted. Basically, the Cormin that's getting attacked could not be Cormin, and Cormin is actually inside the castle. Does it cause problems or anything like that?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 14th, 2014, 06:20 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

No, I just didn't know if that's what you intended. But if it is, play on!
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:14 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

New unit!

The figure is the space commander from the game Risk: 2210 AD. It's not the highest quality, but I kinda like the look.

Jroma Omt (guess where I got that name )
Vydar

Mariedan
Unique Hero
Mercenary
Reckless
Medium 4 (if you put him on a heroscape base. On the piece the figure sits on, its more of a Small 3)

Life - 3
Move - 5
Range - 5
Attack - 2
Defense - 3
Points - 40-wish

Double Attack - When Jroma Omt attacks, he may attack one additional time.

Jetpack - Instead of his normal move, Jroma Omt may Jetpack. Jetpack has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Jroma Omt's jetpack, ignore elevations. Jroma Omt may jetpack over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and jetpack over obstacles such as ruins. Jroma Omt may not jetpack more than 25 levels up or down in a single jetpack. If Jroma Omt is engaged when he starts to jetpack, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

He is similar to Guilty, but a touch up. I think he is very close to 40 or 45 points. As always, criticism is greatly appreciated. Also, what do you all tink of the figure?

Old March 29th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The points are probably in the right ballpark. The figure seems too small for HS, and not really the right look.

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

A mix of Guilty and a Shaolin Monk... why not !

But like Taeblewalker, I think that the figure doesn't look appropriate, to small and... unpainted ?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old March 30th, 2014, 06:29 PM

The figure is a bit thin, but about the size of other Mariedans. He has a silver wash, but not really any paint. Say he is one of those pre-soulborg takeover mariedans with a full body suit. After all, he does follow Vydar. My only complaint is the jetpack has no color, but I'm sure I can come up with a creative answer for that one. What say the two of you now?

Old March 31st, 2014, 09:58 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

If it was a C3V design, my guess is they would never use that figure due to the lack of paint. That's one standard, but not the only one.

Old March 31st, 2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
If it was a C3V design, my guess is they would never use that figure due to the lack of paint. That's one standard, but not the only one.
True. But it doesn't have to be a C3V design or a SoV submission, does it?

If you have a better figure (well, obviously there's a better figure), please suggest it. It just happens to be a figure I have, and I wanted to make a nice custom for it. In fact, I have more in the works for the figures from Risk: 2210 AD.

Old April 1st, 2014, 11:28 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

While Jroma Omit is certainly a little out there as far as standard figures go, there's nothing wrong with that. VC has tons of different standards to meet for that particular project, but that in no way means that different custom creators can't go ahead and work with whatever they want knowing that it will not join VC.

As far as the design goes, I feel that you're a bit over the targeted goal of 40-45 pts. It's a simple fact that Guilty McCreech is a very good filler hero for a cost to point ratio. The cowboy can easily claim more than his mere 30 pt total with his run and gun. Double attack is a powerful ability, especially at range. Being able to climb to height and then rain down attacks of 3 is just very good.

While Jroma does cost a bit more than Guilty and has a shorter range, having the extra life and defense alone is a boost to more than make up for it. Simply put, Guilty McCreech is probably a costed on the low end and so any similarly costed upgrade is going to look very good. The added maneuverability of Jetpack, especially on some maps where extreme height is available, can really put him over the edge.

As it stands, I think he is costed pretty aggressively even at 45 pts. That doesn't mean that he can't necessarily be used at the cost, only that he will be very good (particularly when coupled with the M-43 Guerrilla Tactics). If you want to keep things like Jetpack, you could tweak him around by playing with his life and defense or even switching him to a single attack (and maybe increasing his attack in the process). It really depends on what you want to do with him, but his points are probably pretty low for where he sits now.

Still, a cool unit and a nice thematic use of a Jetpack power.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 08:00 PM

Thanks everybody. I'm going to try to play test Jroma Omt at 50 points tommorow or some time over the weekend.

And don't worry, I have more horrible, small, unpainted sculpts like Jroma's just waiting to be used!

Old April 3rd, 2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Thanks everybody. I'm going to try to play test Jroma Omt at 50 points tommorow or some time over the weekend.

And don't worry, I have more horrible, small, unpainted sculpts like Jroma's just waiting to be used!
Looking forward to it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards