Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker
Days like today make you thankful for guys like Greg Maddox. I love a soft tossing right who looks like he has doughnuts for breakfast everyday. You can be pretty darn sure he didn't take any performance enhancing drugs. Just learned to paint corners and field his position well.
Old February 13th, 2008, 06:23 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Read it and weep AL Central fans...

C-Ivan Rodriguez
1B-Carlos Guillen
2B-Placido Polanco
SS-Edgar Renteria
3B- Miguel Cabrera
RF- Magglio Ordonez
CF- Curtis Granderson
LF- Jacque Joness
DH-Gary Sheffield

SP-Justin Verlander
SP-Jeremy Bonderman
SP-Dontrelle Willis
SP-Kenny Rogers
SP-Nate Robertson

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 13th, 2008, 06:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
No sold on the rotation. Bonderman was a big disappointment last season (was on my fantasy team) though I do expect him to bounce back this year. Kenny Rogers however is another year older and Dontrelle Willis has a lot of innings on that young arm, plus add the moving to the AL factor and he could be in for a rough year.

The offense is sick though...
Old February 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Take me out to the ballgame...
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:14 AM

thaddeus p whirl has disabled reputation
Well to break up this Red Sox lovefest, the Reds are looking to be much improved this year. They went out and got Francisco Cordero to close out games, something we had a lot of trouble doing last year. Plugging him into the ninth inning gives David Weathers a chance to move into the setup role, making our entire bullpen better by moving everyone up one slot.

Also, I'm hoping Homer Bailey will start becoming the pitcher we all hope he can be this year. Another prospect, Johnny Cueto, could be on the verge of helping out the big league club too. And I can't forget to mention Jay Bruce, our top prospect. Hopefully he's going to come in and start making a big impact on his way to becoming a superstar.

All in all, things are a looking a lot brighter for the Reds than they have in a long, long time.
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:39 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Great pic Onacara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeus p whirl
Well to break up this Red Sox lovefest, the Reds are looking to be much improved this year. They went out and got Francisco Cordero to close out games, something we had a lot of trouble doing last year. Plugging him into the ninth inning gives David Weathers a chance to move into the setup role, making our entire bullpen better by moving everyone up one slot.
To me that signing came out of nowhere, but I agree it was a great move. I think I was just more surprised that Milwaukee let him walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeus p whirl
Also, I'm hoping Homer Bailey will start becoming the pitcher we all hope he can be this year. Another prospect, Johnny Cueto, could be on the verge of helping out the big league club too. And I can't forget to mention Jay Bruce, our top prospect. Hopefully he's going to come in and start making a big impact on his way to becoming a superstar.
This is me when the name Jay Bruce is mentioned... I picked him a couple years ago in our amateur draft for the Simulation league I play in and I'm banking on him panning out. All indications seems to lead to yes at the moment.

<nyys looks for a way to keep the Red Sox in the conversation>

Oh, I've got it. You guys over in Cinci could have let us know that Will Mo Pena was a waste of time...

<post 700>

-insert signature here-
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM

hesh has disabled reputation
I agree Thaddeus, about the Reds. All you hear nationally and especially on our local sports radio is how the Central will be a two horse race between the Cubs and Brewers. I really believe, that with the addition of Cordero, they could be right there. Having said that, they are one of those teams that could easily finish 20 games below .500. I also don't think you can count out the Cardinals either. Somehow they will manage to win games, even with that crappy rotation. Maybe they should try Ankiel there again. The pirates could be very good this year. Oh wait, I'm sorry, they are the pirates, they will suck as always.
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM

What I want to know is why the Cards are giving Juan Gonzalez a look? Even if there is anything left in his bat are they really going to put him out in the field?

-insert signature here-
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Well the Sox finally got Francona signed long term. I love Francona but is there anyone on a baseball team that gets way too much credit when things are good and too much grief when things are bad than the manager?

Most of the time it's got to do with personnel. If your players aren't any good then how can one expect good results and the flip side as well?

-insert signature here-
Old March 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM

Can start counting the hours until the season's 1st pitch...

-insert signature here-
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:08 AM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
I can't believe not one word has been said about the NL's best team last year. I'm talking about the men in red (and Sat. Night black), the Diamondbacks. Byrnes and Hudson with veteran skills (until Hudson went down late last year), the youth corps of Drew, Upton, Lyons, Owings (a pitcher who can ******* hit, and deep), ace Brandon Webb (42 innings × 0 runs), No one thought they would be relavent, let alone be the best team in the NL, and make it to the NLCS (Happy 100th, Cubs!)

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old March 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Eric Byrnes is a smooth mac daddy. This guy is amazing, and is going to have another banner year. I picked him up in fantasy last year off of WAIVERS in JUNE and he was a stud for me. Since I'm in a keepers league, I got to hang onto him this year for a 7th round pick based on Yahoo's preseason rankings. I got to keep one player based on last year's draft position and could've kept Byrnes there for my last pick, but seeing as I also picked Brandon Phillips up off waivers last year, that spot was already full .

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV