Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old July 20th, 2015, 12:43 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Announcing the Public Heroscape Map Database!

So I've completed a major update to the Public Heroscape Map Database! There are now over a thousand maps that are mostly done (the database has information on both the terrain requirements and the download location.)

Some other updates:

* All BoV maps have been uploaded.
* "Wargrounds of Scape" has been added as a new map type.

Information on the current status of the Database is below:

Mostly done maps: 1042

Maps with name, terrain, download link & thumbnail: 314
Maps with name, terrain, download link, but no thumbnail: 727

Maps needing work: 1648

Maps where we have name & download link, but no terrain information: 1552
Maps where we have name & terrain information, but no download link: 96

How you can help:

* If you're a map-maker, make sure your maps are included and the information is accurate.
* If you help administrate one of the major map types (C3G, HoSS, etc.), make sure those maps are uploaded and completed.
* Volunteer! Look at some of the maps where we have name & download link, but no terrain information, and update the terrain information. (Bonus points for adding the thumbnail and map size data!)
* Anyone out there with database chops want to turn this into an actual database instead of a large spreadsheet?
* Mods, Sticky this post to give it some more visibility?

Let me know if you have other thoughts / suggestions. Right now the database doesn't have support for multiple links for one map (like online version, VS version, PDF version, etc.). Would that be a useful function?

Scape on, my friends!
Old July 20th, 2015, 02:14 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You might want to make that "anyone with the link can view" instead of giving everyone edit access. People can make copies of their own to work with. You could then grab and merge. Or you could even allow editing of certain tabs while keeping others protected. I'm just worried about stuff getting garbled here.
Old July 20th, 2015, 04:06 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
You might want to make that "anyone with the link can view" instead of giving everyone edit access. People can make copies of their own to work with. You could then grab and merge. Or you could even allow editing of certain tabs while keeping others protected. I'm just worried about stuff getting garbled here.
I have protected some stuff, but merging different lists is a non-trivial activity. If things get screwed up I can always revert to an older version. But, another reason this should really be in a proper database.
Old July 21st, 2015, 08:11 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

WOW!! Thank you!! this looks amazing! You rock!
Old July 23rd, 2015, 12:58 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Old July 23rd, 2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Actually, you got me thinking about how to implement this, so it's done! I've created a locked "Maps" tab with only those maps where there's terrain + download info, and an editable "Maps to Edit" tab with all the current maps. I kluged together a checksum so I can see what changed, and then I can periodically update the "Maps" tab. Thanks for getting me thinking on that, I think this is a better solution.
Old July 2nd, 2019, 01:38 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is this still operational? Requested access.
Old July 7th, 2019, 12:46 AM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

I have some incomplete but functional versions of this lying around. Let me know if you want a copy.
Old July 7th, 2019, 11:31 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars1912 View Post
I have some incomplete but functional versions of this lying around. Let me know if you want a copy.
While this thread is out of the woodwork I'd like a copy if your data. I made myself a tourney map building sheet that you can find in my signature for my own use for when I make maps and I might be able to use what you have.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old July 9th, 2019, 05:38 PM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars1912 View Post
While this thread is out of the woodwork I'd like a copy if your data. I made myself a tourney map building sheet that you can find in my signature for my own use for when I make maps and I might be able to use what you have.
Sent a PM with what I have. I am more than happy to send the same to anybody that wants it. No quality promises though, I haven't actively helped with this for 4ish years.
Old July 10th, 2019, 04:28 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd love a copy of this if you find the time!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios