Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 25th, 2017, 10:58 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Hey thanks for measuring

And those creates look really good.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 28th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I finished this piece from 4Ground last night. It took a bit of time, but pretty straight forward. I love how modular it is and how with just it and the columns set I have recently built, that there are so many combinations to set up. When I get the Blasted Tower set built, then there will be tons of possibilities. Though, that kit will take a couple weekend mornings to complete. I need to buy more wood glue

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 28th, 2017, 08:26 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks great hahma. I finished some more cottage looking ruins the other day along with some crystal clusters.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 28th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Look forward to seeing them TREX

Old June 28th, 2017, 10:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I am hoping to get my frostgrave game I started, finished with my brother here in a few days. I'll be building me a mausoleum next. I already have plans drawn up for it. I'll be able to do stuff twice as fast come fall when I get my 3d Printer. Impressions of what my brother and myself have of the game have been tweaked a bit. For anybody following this thread. Frostgrave isn't so much about fighting as it is about strategically taking the loot and getting out of there. I'm super glad I picked some of the spells I did, but if I had to do it again, I'd probably go with less offensive spells and more strategic movement spells. I'm happy with my warband for the moment though. I'll be getting out the greenstuff and be making a warband of cultists out of a bunch of cheap heroclix I have extras of. I've been kind of lazy about posting good pics of all my designs. Maybe in the next few days.

Old June 28th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

It's a balance as far as spells go. My Illusionist has, Push, Telekinesis, Heal, Fog, Monstrous Form, Teleport, Willpower, and Glow. Then she gained Absorb Knowledge from a grimoire she found. So I don't have offensive spells, though Push can be used offensively on a sense and Glow makes it easier to hit the affected figure with a ranged attack.

My Elementalist has Elemental Bolt, though I haven't used it yet in 3 games with my daughter. It has a higher casting number for now until reduce it when levelling up.

Both my buddy Chris and my daughter Morgan have Bone Dart and that can be nasty. They both have Leap as well, and while that's not offensive, it sure helps get treasure off the table faster.

Old June 28th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just remember Leap is a Move and is halved if the leaper is carrying treasure. Leap only ignores what it says it does (terrain, etc.) not anything else.

The first few games we used Leap wrong it was way OP.

Newb.
Old June 28th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Just remember Leap is a Move and is halved if the leaper is carrying treasure. Leap only ignores what it says it does (terrain, etc.) not anything else.

The first few games we used Leap wrong it was way OP.

Newb.
Are you sure Newb? While it says the figure makes a 10" move, it also says it's not hindered by terrain unless it is over 10" high. So it seems odd that it wouldn't suffer any move penalties for going over all kinds of terrain, but still be considered encumberedby the treasure and have its Leap move halved. Being a magical move, it would seem unaffected because its not using its own move action or stat.

What about Push then, as it says the target is moved 1" for each point of damage it would have taken?

There's nothing in the FAQ with regards to Leap. It's a powerful spell, but knowing that, I might try to block my opponent's LoS from his wizard with a Fog spell. Or with my Elementalist wizard that has an Imp spell, may summon an Imp to mess with their plans.

Last edited by Hahma; June 28th, 2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old June 28th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

After looking through my notes for our group, that was our house rule. Nevermind. LOL!

Newb.
Old June 28th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
After looking through my notes for our group, that was our house rule. Nevermind. LOL!

Newb.
I inquired on the Frostgrave facebook page and the answers were that it's 10". Though, I can see it getting houseruled if it's really abused.

What kind of wizard and warband are you running? Doing official scenarios or just generic games?

I don't mind it unless it's the reason I fall short of treasures every game to the person using it. I did last game on Saturday, but that was my fault for using a Push spell to get my thug with a treasure out of LoS of my opponent's archer, as well as getting him closer to a neutral board edge. But it also pushed him enough closer to my opponent's side that he was able to double move his treasure hunter and thief to get them engaged with my thug with the treasure. I didn't think hed do that, so that was my fault. I should have cast fog to block LoS from the archer to the thug and then retreated the thug on his next activation. I am almost done writing up that battle report and will post that and some pictures in a day or so.

Old June 28th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

It was just another average day in the frozen city of Felstad…or was it? Sure there are typically some strange goings on in this treasure seeker’s paradise, but until you’ve seen a werewolf and zombie splashing around together like children in a fountain, or a pack of 8 giant rats taunting you, then maybe you haven’t seen all that Felstad has to offer.

Chris came over on Saturday, June 24th, to get some Frostgrave gaming in. I left my terrain setup on the mat until he got to my house after work, and from there we moved stuff around and added a bunch of his terrain from the large bin he brought. Maybe it was just the long day of work, but Chris had this interesting idea for a scenario to play. Correction…scenarios to play. He’s like, “hey, why don’t we try The Well of Dreams and Sorrows scenario, and The Keep scenario, and just for kicks, let’s also play with the Ulterior Motives cards?” I’m thinking, “hmmm, that should be interesting for sure, and a little crazy. But what the heck!”
The Well of Dreams and Sorrows has you place a well terrain piece in the center of the board. If a wizard makes contact with the well and spends an action to drink from it, they gain 100XP. If they get pushed in or fall in, they are removed from the game and considered killed for that game.
The Keep scenario has you put out 4 2inch discs, with each 12inches from the center of the table and in a cross pattern. A treasure is placed in the center of each of the discs. Whenever a figure ends its move on a disc, a d20 is rolled. On a 1-5, the figure is teleported to the disc to the left, on a 6-10, it’s teleported to the disc across from it, on an 11-15 they are teleported to the disc to their right, and on a 16-20, they remain on their disc. Also, if a wizard is teleported from one disc to another, they get 50XP’s.

The Ulterior Motives cards we drew, were:
Dead Recipe – For this one that I had, it was secret. A necromancer had carved a spell on the back of a zombie. So a zombie figure is placed in the center of the board, which just happened to be in a well that we were using for the scenario. If one of my warband members would put wounds on it during a melee attack, instead of placing the wounds, he/she could attempt to incapacitate the zombie and then try to hold it by rolling a fight vs a target number of 10. If successful, my wizard gets 25Xp’s. Then, while the zombie is held, it won’t act during the creature phase, and if my wizard or apprentice gets within 2inches of it with lined of sight and spend an action to read the spell on its back, the wizard gets another 25Xp’s and their choice of a Necromancer spell scroll. The red herring pieces that were used for this secret objective were the pit, which I placed near the large ruins near one corner where Chris had his archer, and the trap door, which I placed on a walkway/dock piece between the 2 large Heroscape ruins that have wood 2nd floors.

Once Bitten – For this one that Chris had, it’s revealed right away. One of Chris’s warband members was bitten by a werewolf and starts out with -5 health. The werewolf that bit them is placed in the center of the board, in the well with the zombie. If that werewolf isn’t killed by the end of turn 4, then the bitten warband member is replaced with another werewolf figure and the change is permanent. If the werewolf is killed by turn 4, Chris gets 25XP’s, and if one of his warband members kills it, then he gets an additional 50XP’s. If the werewolf is still alive by the end of turn 4, then he gets 20XP’s for any werewolf his warband kills.

Onto the game! I did my best to recall the events, but since I didn't write anything down during the game, I'm doing my best. So everything may not be exact, but this is as close to how it really went down as I can get

I had setup on the side with one of the building pieces with double doors and a couple of the Heroscape small ruins nearby. Everyone was on the ground level except one of my archers, Sideways Clem, who was on the second level of a small piece of ruins. I was running my Illusionist warband, the first one I created and played at first with Chris and Decatur. It consists of my female wizard Serene (with white hair), my female apprentice Charity, treasure hunter Incan Jones, archers, Sideways Clem and Floppy Bill, infantryman Poleaxe McMichael, thieves Yugo Thiery and Boris Blue Belly, and my thugs Big Sack Bill and Torch Bearer Troy.

Chris had his Summonor Warband that had only one archer, but also had a crossbowman. He likewise had a treasure hunter, but also had a barbarian. Otherwise, the rest were thieves and thugs. He nominated one of his thugs to be the bitten one, as he would be the cheapest to replace if he ended up turning into a werewolf. He had better elevation on his side of the map, and elevation that had ramps and walkways to get him closer to the center, and also to get to safer lower levels to jump off if need be. So I was nervous about that.

Chris’s priority at first was to deal with the werewolf in the center of the board. He had moved his barbarian and a thug I believe, with intent to go that way. But his crossbowman one-shotted the werewolf because he rolled really high for his attack, and then the crossbow does +2 damage, so he did 12 damage, which is exactly what was needed. So then he had the barbarian and thug go toward one of the teleporting discs and used the Telekinesis by his wizard to move the treasure off that teleport disc and toward the barbarian and thug. Those two mostly hung out in that area of the board until they eventually moved off with the treasure.

I had likewise used Telekinesis by my Apprentice to move the treasure off the teleport disc on my left side of my starting area, and had my thug Big Sack Bill carry that treasure in his “big sack” for the next few turns toward the edge of the board. My Apprentice chose to empower that Telekinesis spell in order to have it succeed, but it cost 7 health to do so because her roll was 7 less than the casting roll needed. On her next activation, she successfully cast Heal on herself and healed back 5 health to get her up to 9.

My Wizard had also tried Telekinesis to move the treasure off the teleport disc to the right, but failed by enough to take a wound for the mishap, and she didn’t want to empower it by the amount needed to take a lot of damage. I did later get my thug named Torch Bearer Troy onto that teleport disc and rolled 16 to be able to keep him there, where he picked up the treasure. I was worried however, as he was in the open and a prime target for Chris’s crossbowman, or even some of his warband if he chose to risk putting them on a teleport disc to hopefully get to that disc with my thug. So I had my Wizard use a Push spell to push Troy off the disc and even closer to Crhis’s side, but also closer to the right edge of the board, where I had hoped to get him off with the treasure. He was out of LoS of the crossbowman, but unfortunately, Chris used both activations of his treasure hunter and thief on that side of the board to double move and engage Troy, keeping him from moving. If I recall correctly, Torch Bearer Troy had taken some damage from either Chris’s archer or a Bone Dart spell from his wizard or apprentice, as now I remember that he only had 5 of his 10 health left at the time the treasure hunter and thief engaged him. So while my Push was meant to help get him out of LoS of ranged attacks and somewhat closer to the neutral table edge to my right, it was a mistake on my part, as I should have cast a Fog spell to protect him from ranged attacks. I could have shot into the group of 3 in hopes of hitting one of Chris’s guys, but you have to commit to the ranged attack first and then roll for which figure will have to defend against the attack, so there was a chance I would have hit my own guy, and I didn’t want to kill him and make things even more easier for Chris with regards to getting that treasure. The meanies eventually killed him and took the treasure the other way, making good use of cover.

My archer to the left, Floppy Bill, had also made good use of cover to keep himself screened from Chris’s archer and crossbowman. I was nervous about Chris’s crossbowman the most at this point because he was in position to cover all of the board and has a +2 damage modifier. After he one-shotted the werewolf, he moved forward across a walkway to get to a better position. He still needs to reload, but from this position, he could do that as his first activation and then shoot with his second, as he didn’t need to use an activation to move again for the foreseeable future. So Floppy Bill made a move to be able to shoot from next to a tree, and kind of shooting up and through the column set with a floor on top of it. There was a bonus for the crossbowman’s defensive roll because of a couple things giving him partial cover along the shooting path, as well as from Floppy Bill having moved before shooting. I rolled a natural 20, which does double damage and Chris didn’t roll high enough even with his several bonuses. So the famous crossbowman that one-shotted the werewolf got one-shotted himself, the ol’ karma boomerang.
Oh yeah, about my Ulterior Motives card/objective. Mine was secret, so I had to try to get the zombie to move towards my warband, without making it too obvious. Chris thought perhaps the pit I placed near the ruins his archer was planted on could be my objective, but hesitant to move into contact with it in case something bad would happen to him. He also had thoughts about attacking the zombie, just in case. I tried to stay cool and not let on that I didn’t want him to attack the zombie. But I think he must have gotten distracted, and I was able to move a couple members of my warband, my infantryman Poleaxe McMichael and my treasure hunter Incan Jones, to a spot that was still in cover from Chris’s ranged guys, yet have them be within 10” and LoS of the zombie. So the zombie moved both its activations into contact with Incan Jones, since he was slightly closer. The zombie couldn’t attack yet, so that was good. Next round, Poleaxe McMichael moved into contact with the zombie also and attacked. He won the fight, with the help of Incan Jones, and then instead of applying wounds, I revealed the Ulterior Motives card and rolled McMichael’s fight vs. target number of 10, which he did. So now the zombie was considered to be held, as McMichael had swept the zombie’s legs out from under it with his poleaxe, and then jumped on top of it with disgust. Fortunately, the wizard Serene was nearby and could read the zombie’s back and he could get off the rotten thing. But to his dismay, Serene moved onto the nearby teleporting disc and disappeared.

Serene wanted the experience and thrilling danger of not knowing if or where she’d be teleported. She soon found out as she was suddenly looking at the back of a Conan looking barbarian and his thief buddy, as well as an ugly archer bearing down on her from above. “Hmm…”she thought, “that was a nice experience (50XP to be exact), but now it’s time to get out of here.” She then muttered a few arcane words and made some funky hand gestures, and then poof! She was gone and back to her side of the battlefield. “That was so much fun!” she exclaimed. McMichael mocked her under his breath,”Yeah, this is so much fun!”
Oh..did I mention the rats? Lots of rats! Chris and I had forgotten to roll for random creatures after picking up the first 4 treasures, so we decided to have one big rolloff to make up for that. 4 d20s and 3 of them were 16+. So we rolled on the creature table and we got a hoard of 4 rats coming in at the neutral side of the board to my right (where I was trying to Push Torch Bearer Troy closer to), then the next roll on the creature table brought us 4 more rats from the same side of the table. Chris only had 3 rats, and I hadn’t opened the pack of 3 I just got, so we proxied 5 of them with Heroscape Deathreavers, robot like rats. Then the final creature ended up being a zombie that came in from my side of the board. Chris brought out a legless zombie that was holding a hand in his hand. He was still pretty nimble though.
My apprentice, Charity, had started on the left side of my starting zone, but after empowering the telekinesis spell to get the treasure off the disc closest to her, and healing herself back up some, she decided to move over to the right side with most of the others. Boris Bluebelly, the thug that was on the left side with the apprentice and Floppy Bill the archer, decided to toy with the half zombie, but he ended up taking 5 damage out of 10 from the nimble creature.

Chris got his wizard to the fountain in the center to drink from it and there wasn’t much I could do to stop him from getting that 100Xp for that accomplishment. If only my wizard was in a different position and could Push him into the fountain, then he would be knocked out of the game.

My apprentice made it over to where Poleaxe McMichael was holding down the carved zombie, and she decided to read the spell carved into its back. She later shared this information with Serene, and they would produce a wonderful scroll with a Necromancer spell on it. But in the meantime, she got a Bone Dart in her shoulder for her efforts, as Chris’s apprentices needed some target practice. That forced the apprentice to use a Heal spell again to get back to fighting strength.

Chris used this Leap spell to get a guy with treasure out of harm’s way and closer to his board edge. It’s like the guy had springs on his feet and he just bounded for safety.

The hoard of rats were funny, as since they move as a pack of 4, 4 of them skittered along the edge they came in on but more toward Chris’s side. Then the other pack of 4 did the same thing. So they were a scary threat at first, they ended up just making sure nobody escaped from that side of the board. Neither of us felt like getting within 10” and LoS of them to get them to move inward, though it was tempting at one point to try to lure them toward Chris’s guys that were stealing my treasure, I figured that it would backfire on me and the rats would end up coming after my warband instead. My first clue of that was when Chris suggested it. Hmmm!

Since Chris’s apprentice felt the need to take Bone Dart target practice on my apprentice, I figured I’d give some practice of my own to my two archers. Floppy Bill and Sideways Clem made good their aim and took out his apprentice. I could have gone for the wizard, but he had more cover near the fountain and a higher fight value to possibly dodge the arrows. So Floppy Bill was the first to say it to Chris’s apprentice, “You’re Fired!”

Things started to wind down after that, as the combatants were growing weary. They got the treasures off or nearly off the board. Chris didn’t want to try to get 50Xp for his wizard by having him get moved by the teleporting discs, as one of the potential end points would have been very dangerous for him, and another somewhat dangerous. So the retreat was on for the most part, but I learned from the last game with my daughter Morgan, don’t get your last treasure off until you get everything else you want to get done. I still wanted to try to get my wizard to drink from the fountain in the center of the board. Now that Chris had gotten most of his crew off, it was a bit safer now, though there was that pesky archer of his on the ruins near the corner. I moved and cast a Fog spell between me and the archer, but on the archer’s side of the fountain. Ha! So the archer can’t draw line of sight on my wizard. On her next turn, Serene moved into contact with the fountain and used her second action to drink from it for 100XP. Now Big Sack Bill can drag his big sack of treasure off the board.

Chris had the thief that had taken part in stealing my treasure from Torch Bearer Troy, still lumbering to get off the board. I had initiative and when it came to soldier phase, I had both my archers attack him, because all of Chris’s other warband members were off the board, and if this thief were killed, he’d drop the treasure and the game would end since all of one warband was off the board, and I’d get that treasure . It was tense and close, but they missed and the sneak thief made off with his ill-gotten goods.

We figured out the treasure after the game and since Chris got 4 to my 2, he got more gold and stuff. He got quite a bit of gold, some potions and a grimoire I believe. I only managed 100 gold from the treasure and another 18 from my post game roll at my base at the treasury. I also got a Magic Bow that gives +1 to the user’s shoot stat and counts as a magic weapon that is useful vs. certain creatures. I think I’ll give it to Floppy Bill as a reward for his taking out the crossbowman and helping against Chris’s apprentice. I also got an Orb of Power (. This magical item lets me use any amount of the number in parenthesis to empower a spell casting roll. Normally you can only use your wizard’s health to empower a spell roll, but this can be used on its own or in conjunction with using health. But, once all 8 are used up, it’s drained and worthless. There are other items that have a 1 or 2 in parenthesis, and that’s as much as you can use in a single game, but they recharge between games. I could try to milk it out to only use 1 or 2 points per game to make it last, but then again, there may be a time where I might need to go big to make a spell work without losing too much health. We’ll see.

Most of my crew, Boris Bluebelly, Big Sack Bill, Incan Jones, Serene and Poleaxe McMichael

Yugo Thiery and Torch Bearer Troy (neither archers nor the apprentice are in the starting pix)

Werwolf with part of a corpse, and her zombie buddy playing in the fountain.

Some of Chris's guys, and that werewolf killing crossbowman, who moved forward onto the next walkway before killing the werewolf. There he stood on overwatch until Floppy Bill put an arrow through his eye.

More of Chris's guys

Overview

Sieways Clem covering his comrades

Chris's treasure hunter and thief hanging out on a teleportation disc, waiting to rob Torch Bearer Troy

Chris's barbarian advancing with his wizard, with his archer covering them

The barbarian grabbing the treasure next to the fountain

Floppy Bill rejoicing after he just took out the crossbowman on the walkway between those ruins pieces.

Some of my crew sneaking up to get in LoS and range of the zombie, so they can get his attention

The dirty deed of Chris's treasure hunter and thief robbing my thug Torch Bearer Troy

Come here zombie, come here fella

They got the zombie to take the bait, then Poleaxe McMichael jumps him

Charity shows up just before Serene went on her teleporting trip

Sideways Clem on watch

There be rats!

Overview

Legless zombie holding a severed hand wants in on some of the action

Serene cast a Fog spell just before moving to the fountain to drink from it.

"This is what success tastes like" she said.

Chris's Ulterior Motives card

My Ulterior Motives card

Last edited by Hahma; June 28th, 2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old June 29th, 2017, 10:14 AM
"like" happy

Great stuff @Hahma , I couldn't see these pictures on my phone yesterday. I just finished up my batch of crystal formations. I even will put together an easy tutorial for making them when I post them in my terrain thread. I need to sit down and just shoot pics of all the individual terrain type pieces I've made for this so far and post them. I also finished up some rounded cottage type ruins. I rebased my Heroclix genie figure and started repainting him to the colors I wanted. I'll be building my mausoleum next I believe. I love working with the blue insulation foam, its so cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures