Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 4th, 2015, 02:25 AM

lwizardl Woo who?
Comparing HS Miniatures to other RPG game Miniatures

I have been playing D&D since about 1994 or so with my brothers and friends. Mostly played AD&D2e. I'm looking to start back into the game with my nephew and a couple friends. I was wondering how do the Heroscape miniatures sizing compared to the standard D&D and Pathfinder figures? I know the bases are different (maybe the later HS figures and sets might be different). I have been watching the various youtube channels like DM Scotty's "TheDMScraft" and plan to make most of the tiles etc we will be using in our games.

I originally bought the HS stuff to use only in D&D but from reading stuff I am going to try and have the group play it also
Old July 4th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Comparing HS Miniatures to other RPG game Miniatures

D&D and pathfinder miniatures are close enough to work with Heroscape figures. The pathfinder humans I've seen are smaller, some noticeably, the heroscape figures have a bit of "chunkiness" to them. The D&D figures vary in scale a bit, and some of their humanoid figuers are also noticeably frail looking in comparison.

The last 3 official waves of Heroscape figures were actually D&D miniatures re-purposed for heroscape. So, while not a perfect match, the figures are close enough that they were officially used together.
Old July 4th, 2015, 06:42 PM

lwizardl Woo who?

That is what I have been reading that they are comparable in size. The first waves was more in the 28-32mm scale and the later ones was more closer to the 25mm scale. But seen a couple next to each other and I think they will be about fine.
Old February 25th, 2016, 04:55 PM

ccgfarmer Woo who?

Something I tried in using figures from one game in another was taking the Heroclix figures for LotR, chopping off the base, and re-attaching it to Heroscape bases.

You could mix-and-match to your heart's content with most of these games and even use some great figures that are really inexpensive (Heroclix).

Check out the pic:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures