Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 28th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Boreos

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:
Q: How does Vortex Pull work?
A: Vortex Pull is similar to the Wyvern's Talon Grab, with the following differences:
  • Vortex Pull can affect friendly figures (Talon Grab can't).
  • With Vortex Pull, the opponent chooses the space to land on, if it's an oppoent's figure (with Talon Grab, the player chooses).
  • With Vortex Pull, the figure can be placed on a different level than Boreos (with Talon Grab, the figure must be placed on the same level as the Wyvern).
Old July 4th, 2020, 10:09 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Anyone have this mini to know if it's a good proxy for Boreos?
Old July 4th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I do. It's a bit bigger than real Boreos but it looks incredible on the battlefield -- so much so that it's my go-to Boreos really. Here are a couple pics that I snapped a while ago. Not great quality but it shows the size well enough.

If you're not picky about your bases being a pure circle that white rocky base he comes on fits pretty well on a single hex, or you can break it off and the base of the mini itself is stable enough to stand without needing a base and fits more than easily in any hole (which is what I do because I'm cheap and haven't renewed my large single hex base supply for a while). All of that with the availability and great price on top of it makes it a perfect substitution IMHO.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 4th, 2020, 10:35 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I do. It's a bit bigger than real Boreos but it looks incredible on the battlefield -- so much so that it's my go-to Boreos really. Here are a couple pics that I snapped a while ago. Not great quality but it shows the size well enough.

If you're not picky about your bases being a pure circle that white rocky base he comes on fits perfectly on a single hex. All of that with the availability and great price on top of it makes it a perfect substitution IMHO.
Wow, he does look really nice! I already have Talingul on order from eBay but no VC Constructs. Just ordered all of them, including this figure.

Have a bunch of VC stuff coming in over the next week. Super excited to get some games in. Thank you all for your great work!
Old June 16th, 2021, 12:11 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

There are some differences between the army card and the text transcript:
Quote:
  • VORTEX PULL
    While Boreos is flying during his its turn, you may choose one non-flying small or medium figure that it passed over this turn. At the end of Boreos's move, the player who controls the chosen figure must place that figure, if possible, on an empty space adjacent to Boreos. If the chosen figure is engaged when it is moved by Vortex pPull, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Figures under overhangs can never be moved by Vortex Pull.

• SWIRLING VORTEX
    When an opponent's small or medium figure moves onto a space within 2 clear sight spaces of Boreos, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through any figure affected by Swirling Vortex. Figures under overhangs can never be moved by Vortex Pull.

• STEALTH FLYING
    When counting spaces for Boreos's movement, ignore elevations. Boreos may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When an Boreos starts to fly, if it is engaged If Boreos is engaged when it starts to fly, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 22nd, 2021, 02:49 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Boreos is a pretty hard counter against the Shieldsmiths
Old June 22nd, 2021, 11:33 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Also note, the D&D and WizKids released a similar Air Elemental but is totally transparent: D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Unpainted Minis: Air Elemental (WZK73846). Some people prefer this model - most TDs would allow both to be "legal" for tournaments, etc. but it is not the "official figure".

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/wzk90205.html
https://www.trollandtoad.com/d-d-swm...73846-/1706803
https://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147775326/Air-Elemental
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...69725845552571
Old February 26th, 2022, 04:51 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

How the heck do I get this guy off his original base?

EDIT: NVM, thanks, I got it.

Last edited by Typhon2222; February 26th, 2022 at 05:06 PM.
Old January 24th, 2024, 01:56 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I hope I’m not opening up a can of ladders here, but some questions came up in a Ninjas vs. Constructs game on the Broken Skyline map and I want to confirm some of my assumptions and clarify some of my uncertainties.

Assumption: Because Swirling Vortex specifies “clear sight spaces of Boreos”, as I approach him, I need to check each space I move through. If I can position my figure in a way where Boreos cannot see any part of my figure, I don’t have to stop. (like if I approach the base of the ladder in the middle of Broken Skyline and Boreos is 2 spaces away from me in a straight line, on the top of the castle wall, in the middle of the map, and can’t see me as I climb).

Uncertainty: As I climb a ladder towards Boreos, do I have to place my figure on each rung and check for “clear sight” from Boreos? Or do I count the rungs like I would count the sides of normal terrain hexes and check for “clear sight” once I reach the top, (or a space I want to stop on)? If it’s the former, can I just skip the last 2 rungs and count the levels if my height would allow me to make it up that many normal terrain hexes?

The rule book for the FotAK says “Movement on Ladders: Figures may move onto a Ladder by moving onto a Rung Space, counting the move to this rung as if it were a hex-shaped tile space. To end a figure's move on a Ladder, slide its base into a rung” (p.6).

My way of thinking interprets this as counting each rung “as if it were [the side of] a hex-shaped tile space” and not needing to check for “clear sight” until the “hex-shaped tile space” connected the end of the ladder (or any rung I wanted to end my movement on) similar to how one moves up levels of terrain.

On the other hand, I can totally see needing to check for “clear sight” on each rung “as if it were [the top of] a hex-shaped tile space”. Each rung does count as a hex-shaped space if I were not moving; for checking adjacency or height for example.

We played it the check-each-rung way and let me tell you, it’s difficult to approach Boreos on top of a castle wall when you have to stop 4 times before becoming adjacent! Also figure sculpts really make a difference in how close you can get before being seen.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old January 24th, 2024, 11:56 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Definitely have to stop and check on each rung.

As far as skipping rungs near the top, the rules suggest you may not skip rungs while climbing up a ladder. A few of us in OHS, in consultation with other TDs, created a clarification/summary of ladder rules that we find more helpful than the FotA rulebook. Please note that this is not officially endorsed by VC although there is overlap in membership.

That document makes clear that you can’t skip rungs while climbing a ladder.

(To me this just proves that you shouldn’t use Broken Skyline except in a draft format).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs