Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 11th, 2018, 04:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

I would just go with the new card approach and drop the unique hero line as well. In the case above, it looks like you are just drafting a special set of rules and an additional 'army' special power for your team. We could call them something like army upgrade cards and limit each army to one upgrade card per game. They of course would still have a points cost associated to them, so if you want to play a game with the army upgrade cost you can by drafting it, and if you don't you can just spend those points on other things normally.
Old November 11th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah, I think it would just be easiest to designate them as a new type of unit apart from Heroes and Squads. What could they be called? I'm assuming it will have to be very vague to cover all the different characters that could fall into this type.
Yeah, I'm struggling with the nomenclature as well. My top candidate for this (aside from Karn) would be the Timebroker, from Exiles. And, like Bats mentioned, the Supreme Intellgience would be a possibility. Kind of a diverse crowd there.

If they're not quite Heroes, we could always call them Legends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I would just go with the new card approach and drop the unique hero line as well. In the case above, it looks like you are just drafting a special set of rules and an additional 'army' special power for your team. We could call them something like army upgrade cards and limit each army to one upgrade card per game. They of course would still have a points cost associated to them, so if you want to play a game with the army upgrade cost you can by drafting it, and if you don't you can just spend those points on other things normally.
I'm not sure about calling them 'army upgrades' - it sounds a bit abstract, and not a designation for an actual character. I would like to maintain the connection to a specific character, since that's part of the appeal for me - it gives a way to implement a character that thematically can't or shouldn't be hitting the battlefield in a traditional way.
Old November 11th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Non-combatants is a clunky but accurate term.
Old November 11th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Maybe "Support"? I think phrases like Support Card, Common Support and Unique Support roll off the tongue well enough. Suits the role we're looking for these guys to play and it's broad enough to encompass a lot of different characters.
Old November 11th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd almost think of them as "Conditions" or "Environment" though I suppose they're still actually characters, so "Support" makes sense on that level. I do think of Supremor as an "Event" version of whatever, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 12th, 2018, 07:22 AM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

While I can see why it might be nice to keep at least some connection to the conventional character card, I think the design space you open up by omitting that stuff is really fascinating. A card type laid out similar to Spell Cards could accommodate both non-combatant figure-less support characters, and things that aren't characters at all.

For the sake of argument you could call them Asset cards and keyword the ones that represent characters as such.

E.g:
Quote:
Micro
David Lieberman
Asset - Character - Unique

When a Vigilante you control... yada yada yada actual game effect goes here...
Something like the Batcomputer could be an "Asset - Tech - Unique".

Last edited by Qualizium; November 12th, 2018 at 07:24 AM. Reason: adding "unique" to examples
Old November 12th, 2018, 09:25 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
While I can see why it might be nice to keep at least some connection to the conventional character card, I think the design space you open up by omitting that stuff is really fascinating. A card type laid out similar to Spell Cards could accommodate both non-combatant figure-less support characters, and things that aren't characters at all.

For the sake of argument you could call them Asset cards and keyword the ones that represent characters as such.

E.g:
Quote:
Micro
David Lieberman

Except A3n already created an awesome batcomputer DO.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 12th, 2018, 09:29 AM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

E.g:
Quote:
Micro
David Lieberman

It was a random example off the top of my head.
Old November 12th, 2018, 11:00 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

E.g:
Quote:
Micro
David Lieberman

It was a random example off the top of my head.
I know. And it was a random bit of humor from the top of mine.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 12th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

E.g:
Quote:
Micro
David Lieberman

I don't know. To me, that feels like a bummer. I get why you like the broad approach, but I just don't think that accomplishes what I want, re: implementing otherwise impractical characters.

My goal is to make this as much like a normal character card as possible. I still want to feel like I'm drafting Karn or the Supreme Intelligence or whoever, and that they're every bit as much a part of the game as the heroes and squads on the battlefield. Implementing them as a subset of some broader, more generic asset system feels to me like it inherently designates them as 'less-than' normal cards.

Your mileage on that point may vary, though.

(EDIT: And I'm not saying an Asset system is a bad idea - just that I don't really like it for characters)
Old November 12th, 2018, 05:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:

E.g:
Quote:
Micro
David Lieberman

I don't know. To me, that feels like a bummer. I get why you like the broad approach, but I just don't think that accomplishes what I want, re: implementing otherwise impractical characters.

My goal is to make this as much like a normal character card as possible. I still want to feel like I'm drafting Karn or the Supreme Intelligence or whoever, and that they're every bit as much a part of the game as the heroes and squads on the battlefield. Implementing them as a subset of some broader, more generic asset system feels to me like it inherently designates them as 'less-than' normal cards.

(EDIT: And I'm not saying an Asset system is a bad idea - just that I don't really like it for characters)
I personally agree with Ronin. I'd also like to add that a character sized card just gives so much more room for powers, left box stats, etc. Sure, you could do it like a glyph card and get the same amount of text space, but then at that point why not give it some extra left-box stats or something to make it feel more like a character?
Old November 12th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:

E.g:
Quote:
Micro
David Lieberman

I personally agree with Ronin. I'd also like to add that a character sized card just gives so much more room for powers, left box stats, etc. Sure, you could do it like a glyph card and get the same amount of text space, but then at that point why not give it some extra left-box stats or something to make it feel more like a character?
This. I wouldn't mind somehow gutting and making use of the regular stat-box, though, since it won't be needed. The left box should absolutely stay, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy