Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:15 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Post The Creeping Evil

Hello everyone. It's been awhile since my last """story""", but as it always happens this time o' year I'm in the spooky Halloween mood. And that mood demands stories! So I've been at work with one, just for y'all.

Now as usual it's not entirely done yet, and looking like it could be lengthy, so I've decided to post it in parts over the course of this/next few week(s). That way everyone on Heroscapers (or at least this forum) will have something to read this season.

I've posted part one below. And despite the author's best efforts, I do hope you enjoy it.

P.S. If yer the type (or even if you're not) who listens to music or noise while reading, I recommend one of those ten-hour tracks of Rain or Storming you can find on YouTube, such as this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsgBCdK01oI&t=5507s

Spoiler Alert!

I can't promise when I'll be back, but I will be back.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; February 25th, 2019 at 03:03 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 04:03 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Creeping Evil

Know what I'm doing tonight.

~TGRF.
Old October 24th, 2018, 10:13 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Nice little start. Good worldbuilding, as I never read your other stories before is interesting that
Spoiler Alert!

Looking to see where it goes.
Old October 27th, 2018, 04:45 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
Also like the noir feel mixed with fantasy setting, as is mostly unique, with Dresden Files being only thing I can think of as close.
I've never read them but I keep hearing about the Dresden Files. I should probably check them out sometime. Thanks for the feedback!

Anyways, here is part 2:

Spoiler Alert!

Everything thickens and all that. Next time...

~TAF

Old October 28th, 2018, 09:36 PM

joyknights Woo who?

This is perfect for Halloween, now I just need to someone to watch it with.
Old December 13th, 2018, 03:13 AM

Part III

Holy hell did this get away from me. Did I die? Don't be silly. But moving and a new job did sort of bite into my schedule, so sorry about that. I'm sure this'll still work just fine as a Christmas story anyway, right? Right?

TheAverageFan having difficulty finishing something? Nonsense! Let's continue...

Spoiler Alert!

I will be back with more, hopefully sooner than later...

~TAF

Old January 13th, 2019, 09:50 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Hopefully sooner. I’m really enjoying this so far.

good trades with rudyvalentine, crazytankster, and Jexik.
Old January 17th, 2019, 12:57 AM

Still editing part IV; should be up sometime around Thursday at 12:34 a.m. Hopefully.

~TAF, apparently a monthly author

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 24th, 2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old January 24th, 2019, 12:34 AM

Part IV

Well, I'm back and with another part, right about when I said I would!

I won't waste your time further; let's dive right in, shall we?

Spoiler Alert!

Part V will be on the way soon enough. It's likely to be the last part, bringing a close to this particular (formerly) Halloween tale. Only time will tell what happens next...

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 24th, 2019 at 03:43 AM.
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:39 PM

Re: The Creeping Evil - Part IV

I am almost done with Part V, but as it is longer than the other parts it will also take longer to edit. Stay tuned and all that.

~TAF

Old February 20th, 2019, 11:51 PM

Part V

Okay, after five months we are finally finished with The Creeping Evil. Turned out a bit longer than I anticipated--45 pages, wow!--but a promise is a promise--it is done. Yaaay.

Now as stated previously, this chapter is longer than the others, so let's not waste any time. Enjoy!

Spoiler Alert!

There you have it! Thanks for reading! Let me know what you thought of it by commenting below. If you'd like to Rate this Fan Fiction, PM @The Grim Reaper's Friend with your score outta 10.

~TAF, with bonus points to anyone who can figure out the ending

P.S. For those just starting looking for easy access to the whole thing, the entire story has been compiled in just one post in The Book of TheAverageFan. (shameless plug, check!)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; February 21st, 2019 at 12:14 AM.
Old February 21st, 2019, 12:35 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Creeping Evil - Part V

I'll second TAF, and say that if you want to rate the fan fiction out of ten, that would be greatly appreciated. I believe TAF to be the most deserving to get a rating who - to the best of my knowledge - still does not have one.

A simple number will suffice, with 5 representing an average fan fiction, 1 awful, and 10 unbelievably good. You can PM them to me or just post them here. I'll count them either way.

~TGRF, who would provide a rating if he had, you know, actually read it. Which he should. And probably will. At some point.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction