Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 22nd, 2020, 11:13 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010's Custom Units - 8/22/20 - Ebol

I’d love to hear what you think the rough edges are but I think I can point a few out myself:

1. Left side details specifically Class, maybe Personality as well
2. Clear sight restrictions on NN and SO and how easily they can be manipulated with squads, especially commons.
3. Overload OM removal vs. wound with potentially obvious choice of X OM removal
4. Overload interaction with Children Spirits; and order of operations if no Children are currently on the card

Those bottom 3 are all things I wanna work out through testing.

Last edited by Sheep; August 23rd, 2020 at 04:49 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2020, 11:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Sensory Overload should have a low threshold rather than a high threshold.
Old September 6th, 2020, 09:27 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

With the help of @Chris Perkins over the last couple of weeks, we've run quite a few tests with Ebol, in which we pretty quickly lowered his point cost to 80 (initially 100) and for our most recent test increased his Sensory Overload roll to 5 or lower (previously 3 or lower). We've ran every test without a clear sight restriction and added in the overload damage subtract-er about mid way through our recent run of tests.
NOTE: Initial Ebol post has the most recent version of Ebol.

From these tests, I think we both feel pretty good about Ebol's power set and how it plays on the board. There have been a couple times where Chris has rushed my SZ in attempt to assassinate Ebol at the start of a new round while there are still 2 or 3 OMs on him. While we never played with a clear sight restriction, for that reason I think a clear sight restriction would render him terrible against ranged armies that could target him at the start of a round and take free turns for the rest of the round. While without a clear sight restriction, he does just sit back in the SZ, between the OM transmissions and Sensory Overload, his presence is felt nearly every turn (yours and your opponent's).

One thing Chris brought up after our most recent game is the existence of Levitation on the card. It's purely there because of the figure's stance but doesn't really add anything to the figure. It's only a slight issue because of space on the card with the other powers, but Chris and I also realized we might need to add clause about attacking Ebol with your own figures. Attacking Ebol OM3 while your opponent is threatening to kill him at the start of the next round clearly benefits you and breaks the theme to an extent (you could argue Ebol being Valkrill means there's nothing he wouldn't do to help his team win).

Ebol is an interesting choice for Wannok wounds. Placing the wounds on him early can force interesting choices later on with Overload. It really just depends on what the rest of the army needs whether it be an army that benefits from the 'X' OM or one that doesn't and can lose it without consequence.

We still need a few more tests with Overload at 5 or lower, and at different point totals, along with different maps and formats. The good thing about Ebol's power set is even with higher point totals, the ease of OM management is mostly balanced out by more opportunities for Overload. Just happy with where he's at and wanted to post a progress update on him and see if anyone has any other feedback as well.

Again, a super big thanks to Chris for his help with these tests so far. A worthy opponent nearly every day.
Old August 14th, 2021, 12:57 AM

HS2010's Custom Units - A Challenge To Myself

Starting today, I'm going to try something. Inspired mostly by a conversation piece brought up in many SoV submission conversations. Essentially along the lines of "make units you love, and if something fits, it can be submitted here."

I keep thinking over this advice and as much as I want to give excuses as to why I don't post here much, to me it echoes another piece of sound advice found here (and quoted in the spoiler).
Spoiler Alert!

So here's my goal. Post as many units here as I can, and although my goal won't be for SoV submission, I will mostly be finding minis by scrolling through MiniatureMarkets catalogue of figures and selecting ones that look interesting to me and that are readily available (just in case ).

So this thread will be me putting in my custom unit design repetitions. That means that little to none of these units will be playtested (initially) and that I will respond minimally to feedback. If you have feedback on the design of a unit or enjoy the custom in general, I would love to hear it of course, and maybe I will focus on playtesting those units.

Thank you all for the support. First unit(s) in the morning! ~HS2010
Old August 14th, 2021, 11:12 AM

Re: HS2010's Custom Units - A Challenge To Myself

Ikiaq and The Great Bear

Mini Used: Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden #02 Human Hunter

Mini Used: Waterdeep Dragon Heist #25 Brown Bear

Last edited by Sheep; May 1st, 2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old August 16th, 2021, 01:33 PM

Ebnak

Mini Used: Legendary Adventures #15 Orc Rampager

Last edited by Sheep; May 1st, 2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old August 16th, 2021, 10:57 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

^ I like the simplicity! Additionally, there's another alternate sculp for this mini, so you could use the availbility of the alternate for an SoV submission...assuming that's where you want to go.

135 seems a bit high tbh.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 16th, 2021, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
^ I like the simplicity! Additionally, there's another alternate sculp for this mini, so you could use the availbility of the alternate for an SoV submission...assuming that's where you want to go.
Do you know what sculpt it is?
Old August 16th, 2021, 11:07 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice beefy Orc! I always like more options for my Orc armies. Fits nicely in the current synergy web though if it were large I wouldn't mind it with death chasers either. I like seeing Berserker Frenzy on this card.
Old August 23rd, 2021, 12:21 PM

Mini Used: Rusty Dragon Inn #41 Silver Dragon

Last edited by Sheep; May 19th, 2022 at 08:45 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2021, 12:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Cool design but I’m not seeing him being 185 without a multi-attack.
Old August 23rd, 2021, 01:45 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Very cool mini! would love to see it in comparison to other minis on the battlefield. Agreed with Superfrog. I'm also not really sure what makes him so Elusive? Wyrmlings sure, but big 'ol Lord dragons? probably not so much. That's a pretty gnarly tail...maybe have an ability around that?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards