Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old February 6th, 2016, 06:23 PM

Weirdowithbeardo is surprisingly tart
Re: The Heroscape Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperySlope View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdowithbeardo View Post
Thats all thanks to dissonance, ive only just recently started working on the models, im also attempting to scan in the marvel set figures but I cant seem to get any good scans from the app
I can send you some links to different setups that have worked for us if you're interested.
that would be great thanks!
Old February 7th, 2016, 12:06 AM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Ok, I'll send those. By the way, here is the edited Hatamoto.

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old February 7th, 2016, 05:32 PM

Weirdowithbeardo is surprisingly tart

Awesome and thanks we'll get it added to the mod, im also scanning in the alternate models that we're missing from swarm of the marro and a couple of the waves if you guys are interested in those as well
Old February 8th, 2016, 12:11 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Awesome and thanks we'll get it added to the mod, im also scanning in the alternate models that we're missing from swarm of the marro and a couple of the waves if you guys are interested in those as well
I just sent you a pm about scanning figures.

We have all of the figures scanned except the following:

Einar Imperium
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Ashigaru Yari
Ashigaru Harquebus
Rechets of Bogdan
Iskra Esenwein
Kyntela Gwyn
Gurei-Oni
Wo-Sa-Ga
Sujoah
Agent Skahen
Mohican River Tribe
Capuan Gladiators
Protectors of Ullar
Granite Guardians
Quasatch Hunters
Death Knights of Valkrill
Ogre Pulverizer
Frost Giant of Morh
Death Chasers of Thesk
Samuel Brown

Also, we don't have the Marvel figures yet.

Old February 8th, 2016, 01:03 PM

Dissonance is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Backlog View Post
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post... I just got Tabletop Simulator when I saw that you guys had done all this work. First of all, thank you so much for doing it. I'm so excited about it.

But I was wondering if anyone has made a gameplay tutorial about how to actually use all these items that show up? I did the basic Tabletop Simulator tutorial so I get the *basic* controls... but I am totally at a loss as to how to proceed with playing a game of Heroscape once I load all the stuff in.
Firstly, I'm assuming you know how to play Heroscape, so I will just describe the items in the mod, referenced from player white's viewpoint. Everything is in colour coded bags, drag items out of bags to use them, some are "bags of bags". Hover over the cursor over a bag and a tooltip will give you a clue as to what it contains.

The olive green bags in the top right of the table contain terrain tiles sorted by size. The "original terrain" bag contains only tile types that were released in real life. You may want to stick to 1 hex tiles to start with, there are some quirks to using the larger tiles (particularly the 24-hex) due to the limitations of their collision mesh.

Glyphs (which are placed according to scenario rules stated in the rulebook) are in the red bags, organised by the expansion (and hence rulebook) they came with.

Once you've made the terrain, add some props from the blue bags at the top of the table, these include walls, trees etc. The grey bags along the top and bottom of the table contain 3D models by wave (i.e. by the expansion set they were released in). You can either use the "card" type army cards from the decks or the "token" type army cards from the cyan bags. If a model you want isn't available (i.e. its corresponding grey bag isn't there you will have to use the 2D version from the yellow bags.

The purple bags contain rules in the form of a tablet which displays the corresponding pdf document. There is also an "army builder" app in one of the purple bags that assists in drafting armies.

The black bags just contain different colours of dice, related to the units in the wave 5.5 expansion. If you're unfamiliar with them, just use the dice that are already out in the top right corner (2 d12s and 12 combat dice). Next to the regular dice you'll find wound markers and some unit specific markers that are linked to special abilities of certain units.

The brown bags contain order markers, since tabletop simulator allows people to "look over your shoulder" traditional markers wouldn't work, the TTS versions have to be lain face down to conceal them. You need to create some "hidden zones" specific to the player colours to allow order markers to be manipulated privately (this is done from the left hand TTS menu third option down). Alternatively if you use the "card" type army cards, then these can be held in the players hand and laid out face down in the order they will be played.

The cards on the right are for fan made expansions. Quests of Heroscape is a scenario generator, providing random objectives to players. Automated battle-system is a co-op/solo expansion which provides movement rules for an "enemy" army. Read their respective rules (in the purple bags) for more details.

Typically players delete the bags they don't want, build the terrain then save their game as a complete battlefield ready for drafting. Or you can right click on them and select "save to chest", these will then be available under "Host->Chest->Saved Objects" for you to add back to the table whenever you want.
Old February 8th, 2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperySlope View Post
Quote:
I just sent you a pm about scanning figures.

We have all of the figures scanned except the following:

Einar Imperium
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Ashigaru Yari
Ashigaru Harquebus
Rechets of Bogdan
Iskra Esenwein
Kyntela Gwyn
Gurei-Oni
Wo-Sa-Ga
Sujoah
Agent Skahen
Mohican River Tribe
Capuan Gladiators
Protectors of Ullar
Granite Guardians
Quasatch Hunters
Death Knights of Valkrill
Ogre Pulverizer
Frost Giant of Morh
Death Chasers of Thesk
Samuel Brown

Also, we don't have the Marvel figures yet.
For Granite Guardians, Samuel Brown, Quasatch Hunters and Agent Skahen, these are repaints of Obsidian guards, 4th Mass, Dzu-Teh and Nakita Agents. So technically you don't need to scan them, just edit the textures. I've already done this for Granite Guardians and Quasatch hunters. Take a look:

Granite Guardians mesh (same as Obsidian Guards)
Granite Guardian texture
(edited version of Obsidian Guards)
Quasatch Hunters mesh (same as Dzu-Teh)
Quasatch Hunter texture (edited version of Dzu-Teh)

These are quite low poly since I apply a tighter budget to TTS, given that it's a physics sandbox and people expect to be able to spawn loads of them, throw them around the table and see no lag. But the same retexturing principle can be applied to Hexscape quality models.

All of the TTS content is hosted online in the same form as the above, I can do a mega-thread containing links to all the the figures in the TTS mod if you want.

Also I haven't seen a Sir Hawthorne scan, but you could retexture a Knights of Weston if you haven't got him.

Oh and I found two Einar Imperium scans:
http://www.123dapp.com/catch/Einar-Imperium-1/4104433
http://www.123dapp.com/catch/Einar-Imperium/4129515

Last edited by Dissonance; February 8th, 2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old February 8th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

It's harder for Hawthorne as he has a different symbol on his shield.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 8th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
True, but it depends on the texture from the raw scan, if the angle is right then you might be able to lift the shield texture from a photo and warp it onto the scan.

Here's my attempt at Agent Skahen
Mesh (same as Nakita Agents)
Texture
Old February 8th, 2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
True, but it depends on the texture from the raw scan, if the angle is right then you might be able to lift the shield texture from a photo and warp it onto the scan.

Here's my attempt at Agent Skahen
Mesh (same as Nakita Agents)
Texture
I already did Hawthorne. He is here.

For a skilled artist, it might be possible to do repaints of some figures and get pretty good results. When I tried it, the results weren't encouraging. (Not knocking your approach, just saying it didn't work for me.)

Old February 11th, 2016, 03:30 PM

Here's my attempt at Samuel Brown: mesh, texture

Could you give me a link to Blue Wyrmling, I can't find that either
Old February 12th, 2016, 01:08 AM

The Backlog is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
Wow, what a great in depth reply. Thank you so much!
Old February 13th, 2016, 01:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Got Hatamoto added to the mod (can provide links) Not sure if you guys like the quality but I'm not a master when it comes to 3d modelling.
Heres a pic with him next to the others, as I said before I'm only missing Sir Gilbert.

Hey weirdo, these look amazing. Great job on this. I need to watch this project more closely.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software