Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old March 4th, 2011, 10:13 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker
Re: HS-aholic free heroscape iOS app

Damn all iPhones. Mostly because I don't have one!
~P
Old March 5th, 2011, 02:23 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

You know what would be abolutely awesome to have in this app...?

A way to display (and add) virtualscape maps (in its own native files or even in a pdf...) so that you could build them where ever you had your phone... or at least all of the BOV maps...
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:40 PM

CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby!

Well I definitely could never add any sort of map editing, management, or special file format compatibility since that would go far beyond the scope of the app. And the time I can afford to spend on it

However, I think adding in a PDF viewer and enabling the File Sharing in iTunes (all you'd need to do is drop in the map files you wanted to sync) should be quite doable. I'll add it to the TODO list.

"Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon."
--Epigrams on Programming by Alan Perlis
Old March 5th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

+rep! Excellent app! But seriously, if u could somehow allow the random generator to ALLOW groups of units, it'd be perfect as currently the random generator AI isn't good enough to consider selecting armies that go well together (eg. bonding etc) so a solution would be to allow an option for customizing 'groups' of units to be selected as a whole. This way, we can all enjoy random drafting PLUS armies that actually work well together. Hope u can consider that.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Need an iPhone now.
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:57 AM

CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer999 View Post
+rep! Excellent app! But seriously, if u could somehow allow the random generator to ALLOW groups of units, it'd be perfect as currently the random generator AI isn't good enough to consider selecting armies that go well together (eg. bonding etc) so a solution would be to allow an option for customizing 'groups' of units to be selected as a whole. This way, we can all enjoy random drafting PLUS armies that actually work well together. Hope u can consider that.
That's actually exactly what the point of the Rules and Lock buttons are for.

Lock/Unlock Buttons
-->Any locked unit will have that exact quantity. So, if you really want to exclude a unit set them to 0, and if you really want 3 squads of knights then it can also be set.

Special Rules
-->These will help group units together in the event of a special ability like Bonding.
For example, Knights of Weston have Human Champion Bonding and if you set their respective rule to 100% activation you will be almost certain to get 1-3 human champions to accompany the knights.
-Note: Since you may have multiple units in the army with bonding it becomes uncertain who will get to activate their rule first.
->The rule activation rates set by each player are saved! So if you want to customize Player X to favor a certain set of rules you can.
->Every time a rule is activated its chance of activating again is halved. So if the Knights added a Champion at 100%, they have only a 50% chance to add another after that.

If you tweak to rules you should get armies that stress the bonding you expect. If the rules aren't having a string enough effect then that is definitely something I'll look into tweaking. If I can get feedback of specific examples from anyone using the generator that'd be useful to see data based on real collections. (Since I'm constantly installing new builds on my device my collection is simply set 10 of everyone.)
-->Chance still plays a big part which is why it generates 5 armies to choose from. From there the specifics to how you lock/unlock specific units and your overall collection come into play heavily.

Block/Requires Rules
-->These are extremely strict and only kick in in those rare cases when there are units who have them. The Rechets will never exist in an army that does not have Iskra. And Raelin (RotV) and Raelin (SotM) will not be placed in the same army. (Note: If you place units like these into your army manually funny things may happen, but the generator will definitely preserve the relationships.)

Old March 6th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Looks like there is actually a bug in the rule system atm. I changed the range of the % values from 0-100 to 0.0-1.0 right before release and never noticed (likely due to the random chances) that the rules were totally broken since the activations checked against the old 100 scale. Will fix asap.

Old March 6th, 2011, 05:30 PM

Thumbs up Re: HS-aholic free heroscape iOS app

Just sent the new build to Apple for review.

I corrected the Utgar/Ullar mixup, added Samuel Brown, and fixed the Rule activation issue.

I also added a Support page, Maps Viewer page (add files in iTunes; will support anything safari can open), Dice Roller page.

Will plan to add the Unit Bios and Full Ability text in v1.2. Will take some time since its heavy data entry. If anyone knows good sources for the info please send me the links to the pages/files.

Also if any of the official common/uncommon units could use more control over how often they duplicate let me know. (After you have a version where the rules work that is.) I can add rules to increase their duplication rate (like the Zombies & Drones have currently).

Old March 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Battleplan.com
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
LOL I used battleplan extensively to verify the unit info before release (they are missing a few), but it simply never clicked...
how embarrassing

Looks like a great resource for the bio and ability data. Although I do notice there isn't any info for the D&D units do we have any info in the forums anywhere (official or unofficial)? If not there'll just be some 'No Bio Available' slots.

Old March 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

Lots of units lack any bios. Pretty much after wave 8.
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The C3V is working on giving bios to the units that don't have them, but I'm not sure how soon they will be released.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software