Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:38 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Project Pokemon scenario and map thread.

Project Pokemon Scenarios and maps.

Apply here to become involved in Project Pokemon.

Goals of the scenario thread.

To provide a fun and alternative way to playtest for Project Pokemon.
Any member of project pokemon may suggest a scenario. After a scenario has been suggested it can be voted on for passing into design. After a scenario has been moved into design it will be critiqued by the community, until it is deemed ready for testing. After it is tested at least four time by different members it will be voted on yet again. If a scenario is passed into finalization it will be given a last minute check over for wording and grammar problems. After a scenario has passed finalization it will be submitted to a member of the art department for the PDF instructions. After the art department has created a suitable PDF it will be sent to one of our site supporters to be added to the downloads section. A link to the download will be added to the Project Pokemon Display Thread.

Suggested scenarios.

Scenarios in design.
Wild Onix.
Spoiler Alert!
Scenarios in testing.

Scenarios in finalization.

Completed Scenarios.

Current Vote.

Wild Onix is not an official scenario and will be subject to the same system as all other scenarios, it is just an example. Is this a suitable method of creating our scenarios?

Last edited by Chardar; October 12th, 2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:40 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Project Pokemon scenario and map thread.

I think we should probably assign designers to scenarios the same way we do units. I think that we could offer scenario designs as a reward for unit playtesters. Something like this. For every five playtests a member completes they get the chance to suggest a scenario.

Old September 24th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

My main passion is for a Kanto campaign that I can run for my boys (pics and an intro on the Experiment thread). But since we don't have Caterpie and Weedle in this first group (both of which are found on Route 1 and in the Veridian Forest), I told the group a while ago that I would hold off on the campaign until the expansions.

Gary vs Ash
The only "campaign style" we could do with the Master Set and still stay true to the video games is the initial battle between Gary and Ash.

Choose Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander. Your opponent (or the Game Master) chooses after you (if you pick Charmander, he picks Squirtle, etc...)

The arena is either in Professor Oak's lab or in the grassy field right outside the lab.

Gym Battle
One type of scenario we should definitely have in the Master Set is a Gym battle. Since I'd really like to save the iconic gyms for the campaign, I think we should make it a generic gym. Maybe hold a map-making contest for the gym and vote on the one we think would best fit with the Master Set.

I made a Water Gym before (pics on the playtesting thread for Squirtle). What makes it so unique is all the water spaces--great for water Pokemon, but difficult for everyone else. I'll save that for an expansion set, but it's a good example of a very Pokemon-specific gym that looks really good in Heroscape.
Old September 24th, 2010, 03:55 PM

I agree that a campaign would be cool, but I don't think we need it in the master set. Right now we need to work out the scenario process, before we start throwing ideas around.

Old September 24th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

How about an Elite Four Campaign? It's an idea, but I'll let you guys fine tune it if you want to.
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:52 PM

That would be neat to release in the elite four expansion. If you want to get involved in the project that's fine. We always like new blood in the system.

Old September 24th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Nostradumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
That would be neat to release in the elite four expansion. If you want to get involved in the project that's fine. We always like new blood in the system.
All right, cool. By project, do you mean this one for scenarios? Or Project Pokemon?
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
All right, cool. By project, do you mean this one for scenarios? Or Project Pokemon?
I meant project pokemon. Right now scenarios aren't really a priority. We're using scenario designs as a reward for playtesters. They're the hardest working people we have, they deserve it. If you wanted to design a scenario that's the way to go. There's plenty of other things you can do to help out as well, just look around. You can pm me any questions, don't want to fill up this thread.

Old October 1st, 2010, 04:43 PM
Nostradumbass

Does anybody remember when Team Rocket took over the radio building back in Gold and Silver? Would anybody be willing to try and incorporate that into a map and scenario? I'd be willing to help. We'd most definitely need to replay it so we get the Pokemon and layout right. I'd love to play something like this.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Does anybody remember when Team Rocket took over the radio building back in Gold and Silver? Would anybody be willing to try and incorporate that into a map and scenario? I'd be willing to help. We'd most definitely need to replay it so we get the Pokemon and layout right. I'd love to play something like this.
That kind of scenario is what I had planned for the Kanto campaign (and eventually the Johto campaign). The main problem with trying to do it right now is that we won't have most of Team Rocket's Pokemon in the Master Set (no Ratatta, Ekans, Koffing, Weezing, Meowth, Persian, etc...).

Take a look at the Master Set list of Pokemon (first page of the Experiment thread) for which Pokemon are in the first set. Then try to think of thematic scenarios using just those Pokemon. The Onix idea is like that. I'm sure there are lots of really cool things we can do.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
Nostradumbass

OK, I get it now, White Knight. How about a haunted power plant? You have to retrieve an object of some sort before a mysterious enemy does. Since this guy doesn't work for Team Rocket, he can use whatever.
Old October 10th, 2010, 05:19 PM

We could probably do a tower of terror scenario with Gastly and Haunter. Although that's a pretty small battle. What else could theamatically fit in a scenario like this?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum