Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 25th, 2010, 10:30 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker
Re: TrekScape - Away Missions - Maps and Scenarios

I am interested. Would the walls/displays be AQT's paperscape inserts between fortress pieces? Or something else entirely?
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:44 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I don't know. Right now I am looking at using this.

AMT Bridge model

And a set of hexes. It is 1\32 so it is too big but would be great for parts.

I was thinking of a planed base of Hexes. with a set of the bridge stations from the set we found here. I would probably just add a few blank wall sections to make it fit right. However, the idea of the rails and view screen at all from the set above looks realy nice.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

The bridge wouldn't have to be the only part of the map. Go out the turbolift door and you're in engineering or sickbay. I think the bridge could be a little larger than scale to allow some room for battle.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

We could have the Turbolift act kind of like a transporter. You step in say sick bay and pop out in the halway outside sick bay. We could do large areas of map for all of the various rooms. The only problem is that the Enterprise was supost to be a spaceship. They did not make it look too roomy. for instanc each hex is 7 feet of so and the beds in sick bay could not have been more than 3 feet apart.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:30 AM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

I saw this a while ago. Maybe it has a place in TrekScape as another option for the bridge. It was something I was thinking about before TrekScape. They also have doors and various accessories for engineering etc.
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:15 AM

I could see using those but offer a paperscape alternative. That way nobody is thinking we are offering maps that you have to pay big bucks for. But I have seen people offer "Master sets" Where they say get X number of ground pieces and then buy this terrain. I could see that if we keep the sugjested purchase price at $40 or so. Say buy those two sets then get some of the new water or swamp pieces and some gray spray paint. I am thinking of using those for the bridge as the "cracked" regular stuff just dose not look right. I am going to order the Fat Dragon stuff, it said you can change the weathering and rust stuff to make it look different.

Those doors though look more Klingon to me.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
I could see using those but offer a paperscape alternative. That way nobody is thinking we are offering maps that you have to pay big bucks for. But I have seen people offer "Master sets" Where they say get X number of ground pieces and then buy this terrain. I could see that if we keep the sugjested purchase price at $40 or so. Say buy those two sets then get some of the new water or swamp pieces and some gray spray paint. I am thinking of using those for the bridge as the "cracked" regular stuff just dose not look right. I am going to order the Fat Dragon stuff, it said you can change the weathering and rust stuff to make it look different.

Those doors though look more Klingon to me.
People can use Line of sight blockers or paper or a combination as they see fit.

Are the grey spray painted tiles going to look like the marvel grey tiles?

Yeah the doors do look Klingish Klingony Klingese... I agree with you.
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:55 AM

I was thinking of painting the water tiles that way they look more like rugs or tiles not. I just can't see the standard grey tiles from say marvel as the floor, But then I am crazy. I will see what I can get with the marvel tiles and some of the paper stuff. I am on vacation with some free time.

I found these two they go with the 3d ones you found.

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=p...detail&p=62243

the hatch cover looks like it could work for a single space transporter. The wall of weapons not so usefull but the other stuff yep.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; July 26th, 2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old July 26th, 2010, 07:48 PM

Ok I picked up the two Fat Dragon Paper scape expansions. As well as the Star tiles. They should be quite usefull. Wile I can paste a hex grid over them I can not post an example. I know they were not intended for it and am debating a sise increse, if I can find one, that will let the hexes merge well and fit all of the time. I will try to post pictures of the terain in use for the Guardian set.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM

What is the mathamatical relationship that will let sqwares and hexes work together. The hexes obviously must be 1.75 inches. so how big could I make the sqwares so they tend to match up?

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM

Ok, I have been playing around with the sizes of sqwares and hexes. Could we see using a smaller hex for Shipboard misions. To tell the truth I am realy thinking of just printing the things out at 1.5 inches to the square and calling it a day.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

That's an option for people who want to do that, but I still think we need maps using standard Heroscape tiles and/or printed maps using standard Heroscape-size hexes. Other mods and rules are certainly an option for those that wish to pursue them.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum