Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 9th, 2010, 03:31 PM

Videtta is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Swansong Musings.

Dylan Thompson wrote

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And as i hear more and more people raging aginst WoTC and their lack of game loyalty i muse back to when heroscape first started. It was plugged on the air during childrens shows like YuGiOh big time. In fact a huge ad campaign hit the airwaves right before the christmass shopping season. It was created by Hasboro, and it was a toy designed to combine legos action heros with some basic game concepts. IN fact the primary game was, not the advanced game, but the basic game. It was designed so that 8 year old with no gaming back ground and parents that had no interest in gamaing could play cops and robbers with some structure.

Now we are nearly a decade later, and a game that has all the earmarks of being designed by hasboro to fall out of production after a year at the most of kids buying it and it being the in toy probably lasted about 8 years longer than what hasboro intended. People are raging against WoTC for no game loyalty. REmember ladies and gentlemen this game was not designed to last. It was designed as a toy a fun toy with pieces so that kids would not choke on them. We all love heroscape, but do not blame WoTC or hasboro that it is not monopoly or clue.

The way to save it is to encourage the powers that be in WoTC to sell the rights They were attempting to make a bridge came to dnd minatures, but why should they make two minature games, particularly one that takes up so much resources to build and produce the tiles.

That being said I hope that someone saves heroscape and continues to produce it. It is fun and it is legos, combined with action figures, combined with war game light. I would love to continue to build and add to it. But do not blame a major company for wanting to make obscene amounts of money for their stock holders. After all that is what hasboro is, not a game company for gamers, but a money making blue chip corporation.

that is my 2 cents worth on the death of heroscape. Now to duck as the massive quantities of rotten fruit get heaved in my general direction.
Old December 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Swansong Musings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videtta View Post
Now we are nearly a decade later.... lasted about 8 years longer than what hasboro intended.
8 years? a decade?

Master Set 1 came out in September, 2004.

Closer to 5 than 10, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videtta View Post
REmember ladies and gentlemen this game was not designed to last. It was designed as a toy a fun toy with pieces so that kids would not choke on them.
I have to disagree: Dice, Order markers, round marker, grenade marker; all small enough to choke a child.

Also, it was meant to last at least a little while because it was developed as an expansion based game.

HS had a good run and most likely will manifest in some form in the future. It has too many good things going for it to never be seen again.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; December 9th, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

It's Dylan Thomas by the way. /English Major hat.
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:15 PM

Chorazin Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
If that's the worst offence to an English major perpetrated by that post, I'll eat my hat.
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorazin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
If that's the worst offence to an English major perpetrated by that post, I'll eat my hat.
Well, I didn't say it was the worst, and I admit I didn't do more than glance at the overall subject and message of those paragraphs, but it was just the literature trivia in me springing to call.
Old December 14th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
HS had a good run and most likely will manifest in some form in the future. It has too many good things going for it to never be seen again.

Now there's some inspirational words. I agree, R˙chean.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old December 14th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Remi Woo who?

I agree with chilidog and R˙chean....
Waitaminute!!!!
Unrelated topic swerve.......... NOW!
Chilidog, you are the one who originally posted the Heroscape webisode link on this site to "Monkeybar Tv" on Hasbro's website. They were taken down, I didn't get to see them. Do you have a link to their new location?
Old December 14th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!

Ah yes, my reputation precedes me . I didn't know they were taken down but now I'm curious and looking into it. Not to thread hijack... I'll PM you with anything I find.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old December 14th, 2010, 11:12 PM

Remi Woo who?

Cool
Old December 15th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
IN fact the primary game was, not the advanced game, but the basic game.
I'm betting that the primary game was the advanced game and hasboro (sic) pushed the designers to add the basic game so they could put a lower age recommendation on the box.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion