Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:21 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Small House (Playtesting)

The warehouse ruin has been a DO since Fantastic Forces.
Though that is a good point - we could run with having breakable sections of the house rather than having a full breakable house (though that might get overwhelming if we ever go as far as creating full city maps).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 22nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
The warehouse ruin has been a DO since Fantastic Forces.
Though that is a good point - we could run with having breakable sections of the house rather than having a full breakable house (though that might get overwhelming if we ever go as far as creating full city maps).
"if?"...silly L_O

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:27 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think A3n's suggestion may work here. We could make the walls and roof DO's as I suggested before.

In larger buildings it would be just like the Warehouse Ruins with parts being destructible.

Selene's power does not work on the Warehouse Ruins? Is it not considered an obstacle?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:51 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Any new tests as a non-interior structure YK and Ronin?
We should be able to move forward with that aspect and iron out the Selene issue during the next phase.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 22nd, 2017, 12:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm going to be putting up some Cyborg tests that double as house tests pretty shortly.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 12:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

At present, Selene's power does indeed work on the Warehouse Ruin - not only am I fairly certain it would be considered an obstacle, but, as I said, despite what A3N may say, the Warehouse Ruin is, undeniably, a DO - not everyone may play it like that, it certainly isn't required to do so, but, ever since the Fantastic Forces Unite Master Set, it has had, and official, C3G, Destructible Object card here. It's also a classic example of a DO without a size designation.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 22nd, 2017, 12:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Small House

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Cyborg (II), Batman (III), Floronic Man, Harley Quinn, Jackal (1000) vs Black Canary, Green Arrow (Ollie), Nite Owl, Robin (Dick), Batgirl (Cassandra), Oracle, Catgirl, Speedy (Roy) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Cyborg (II), Floronic Man, Harley Quinn, Valkyrie, Atom (Ray Palmer), Ragdoll (995) vs Black Canary, Green Arrow (Ollie), Nite Owl, Robin (Dick), Batgirl (Cassandra), Oracle, Catgirl, Speedy (Roy) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Cyborg II, Heinrich Zemo, Atom (Ray Palmer), Ant-Man (Hank Pym), Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Liz Sherman (885) vs Black Canary, Green Arrow (Ollie), Robin (Dick), Batgirl (Cassandra), Oracle, Catgirl, Speedy (Roy), Skrull Infiltrator x2 (890)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: There's space on the map I have set up to throw down without going through the houses, so that's mostly what happened here. It is worth noting that the houses do affect the flow of traffic on the map; they put LOS blockers between the center of the map and the high ground on either side of it, so they're effectively putting a damper on the value of that high ground. People weren't constantly running through and around them in these matches, but their influence was still indirectly felt in that way. Definitely an interesting map-building tool.

EDIT: Also, here are some scans of the house parts, which Tornado had asked me about.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 04:59 PM

Awesome. Thanks Ronin!

Any further comments? Do they work as-is?

Also have you contemplated interior play? Would you have gone inside if you could?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:13 PM
Symbiotic

I can't really see them presenting any issues in their current form. There's not too much to exploit. Even if you're too big to go through the house, they're small enough that pretty much anybody can move around.

The houses mainly came into play in the endgames, and I don't think the Team 1 figures would have entered mainly because they were making concerted efforts to try and stay away from Batgirl and hit her from range when they could. They might have gone in to take shelter from the archers, but I think the threat of getting pinned down by Cass in close quarters would have dissuaded them.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:38 PM

Cool. Thanks for the feedback.

I think we are close to finishing up this version.

Anyone have any idea how to handle this art-wise?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I used the same map for my last set of tests but used the basic rules for the houses, as such they didn't really come into play at all. I'll admit that I put effort into making sure I tried to make use of the houses on the 4 tests in which I filled out a PT report, but this time I just focused on the unit being tested and only interacted with the houses if it came up naturally and as a result they mostly did not outside of being used as a LOS blocker. As Ronin said, they are so small and can be moved around fast enough that on their own I don't see any issues at all arising from some figures being able to cut through while others having to go around. Any competitive advantage that could create would have to be done using the houses in conjunction with other object that further restricted movement and as such would be decisions made by the map maker.

For Art, I think all it needs is a play mat for the house to sit on top of that is one full hex larger than the house in all directions. Then just clearly mark which of those exits are to be treated as exit/entrance hexes from which you can move between.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 07:13 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Anyone have any idea how to handle this art-wise?
Depends. If it's just the exterior play, it's essentially a new rule, so it would be a rulebook for buildings, plus I guess a thread for the Small House to list any FAQs, and purchasing info. A rulebook should probably wait until the first couple buildings are complete though, so we don't have to add anything later.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library