Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 12:04 AM

Multicron has disabled reputation
Whoa.. insane eBay prices

I was just checking eBay for HS after about a year of not paying attention... prices seem ludicrous! $500 for one set of wave 4? I'm looking at my giant wall of HS, trying to figure out what I could get for selling it all, since I never get to play anymore - it's gotta be at least $5-$8K. But I know I will never sell, the game is too good. Have prices just continued to skyrocket since HS was cancelled?
Old August 22nd, 2011, 12:41 AM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker
Re: Whoa.. insane eBay prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multicron View Post
I was just checking eBay for HS after about a year of not paying attention... prices seem ludicrous! $500 for one set of wave 4? I'm looking at my giant wall of HS, trying to figure out what I could get for selling it all, since I never get to play anymore - it's gotta be at least $5-$8K. But I know I will never sell, the game is too good. Have prices just continued to skyrocket since HS was cancelled?
it seems like you can find waves 8-12 for about store price. I have not seen any go for $500; the most I've seen was $100 for like wave 4 or something. But I agree, it is ludicrous. The game's not even that old.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM

Multicron has disabled reputation

I was browsing the completed auction listings, and they're pretty insane by themselves. What first caught my eye was stuff like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEROSCAPE-WA...item2566afdf00
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:58 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I was browsing the completed auction listings, and they're pretty insane by themselves. What first caught my eye was stuff like this:

Who would spend that much money on four packs?
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Ah, stowoodbury...I've seen individual figures from this seller that the listing price is reasonable, though they often get bid up quite high. But this sort of crazy pricing is a hallmark of many of his auctions/buy it nows. The thing to remember is that there must be at least a few people who are crazy enough to spend that kind of money or sellers like this wouldn't keep doing it.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:22 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

Quote:

At least he offers free shipping with that deal .

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 11:35 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:

Ah, stowoodbury...I've seen individual figures from this seller that the listing price is reasonable, though they often get bid up quite high. But this sort of crazy pricing is a hallmark of many of his auctions/buy it nows. The thing to remember is that there must be at least a few people who are crazy enough to spend that kind of money or sellers like this wouldn't keep doing it.
stowoodbury buys up any Heroscape that he can for cheap and then resells it for much more. Obviously he has the working capital to buy it up anytime someone lists something lower that he thinks he can get for it.
Old August 24th, 2011, 03:44 AM

Inferno Trooper is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

It kinda makes me sad that I came so late into Heroscape. Most of the early sets like 3 and 4 are the ones I'm after these days but with those insane prices? jeez better off trying to make my own I guess
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:24 AM

silentdusty is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Wow, this is why I rarely buy from E-Bay now, it's not just Heroscape, I find alot of things are listed for waay more than what they are actually worth. E-Bay sellers seem to try to self-inflate and overprice items quite frequently these days, especially collectibles.
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM

Dargoth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

And unfortunately, those prices won't come down until people stop paying that much for stuff. I've found that deals can still be had on E-bay but it requires a combination of patience, timing, and luck.
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargoth View Post
And unfortunately, those prices won't come down until people stop paying that much for stuff. I've found that deals can still be had on E-bay but it requires a combination of patience, timing, and luck.
...and knowing your limits. Decide how much you are willing to pay and stick to it. Don't get caught up in a bid frenzy.

Unless, of course, you are bidding on something I'm selling. In that case, frenzy away!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:07 PM

Dargoth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Yeah I've watched a few items get away because the prices got above what I was willing/able to pay. I did manage to pick up a used set of Fiends & Vampires for $15.50 plus $5 shipping (which seems high) earlier. Now to try for the other set, Fields of Valor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion