Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What date works for you?
September 13th only 5 55.56%
September 20th only 1 11.11%
Either date will work for me 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: DFW - North Texas Shootout - December 6th

I would think that nobody gets the points for a failed Wolf pounce. In the same way that a failed pounce against a Zombie won't trigger Rise Again (or allow a vampire figure to Life Drain), it's not really the defender that kills the wolf, it's a result of the wolf's own ability. Same for DW7000, I would think.

But Dignan's the Master of Ceremonies, so let's hear it from him.

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Man, I'm away from the computer for a day and my thread blows up.

First, I think that the 13th will work better for several parties and I haven't heard anyone objecting to moving it to that weekend. So I think we will play on the 13th. edit: looks like we have to go with the 6th.

Second, as far as building an army under 300 points, I don't think it's that big a deal. Every unit you choose is a gamble as far as how easily it gives your opponent points and how many points it gets for you. I don't see any reason to set a minimum point total. I think the nature of this event is more laid back and I doubt people will abuse this. Also, it appears to be a bit of a gamble to bring less (I guess we will see).

Third, wolves and pounce thing: If your wolf dies pouncing on an opponent, the opponent gets the point. Just like if you attack a samurai and he kills you with counterstrike, the samurai gets the points. The rule of thumb is: if your dice directly result in killing a figure, you get points for it (unless it's your figure that dies). I think that rule should hold up for most cases, but I'm sure I'm overlooking something.

Maps, I think that I have two or three just about done. I just wanted to get them ironed out before I uploaded them. I will have them uploaded shortly. I think that I'm now getting a good feel for the size and feel of a good map for this event.

Anyway, glad to see all the interest in the event. We've had a great time playing these maps on tuesdays and I'm sure we will all have a great time at the tournament.

Last edited by Dignan; October 25th, 2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:56 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: DFW - North Texas Shootout - December 13th

Added an FAQ to the front page for a few of the questions that we've had. I'll add to it as people ask more questions.
Old October 25th, 2008, 02:14 PM

neo0149 Woo who?
Re: DFW - North Texas Shootout - December 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Added an FAQ to the front page for a few of the questions that we've had. I'll add to it as people ask more questions.
cool sweet dignan. thanks bro. im rdy for this tourney already. lol. talk to you guys later.

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old October 25th, 2008, 07:00 PM

Arrrgggg.... Sorry guys for the mass confusion on this. But I forgot that I have my company's Christmas party on the 13th. It's an evening event, but I'd hate to have to cut things short and shoo people out of the place so I can get going.

So long story short, I think that we will have to set the date as the 6th. I will refuse to change this date from here on out to allow people to make plans accordingly. Sorry again for all this back and forth and I hope that most people will be able to make it.
Old October 26th, 2008, 02:46 AM

neo0149 Woo who?

ok fellas... so my girl and i were chillin with my peeps. and me, macdirk, the viking and my girl are headin up on the sixth. so ill see yall later.

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old October 26th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very cool!

We expect costumes again...
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:55 AM

neo0149 Woo who?

lol. ya gonna be a little harder to get some since halloween will be over.

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:28 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm out guys. Sorry. The 6th is no good for me in the middle of the day, I won't be available until after three or four. Drag.

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like I'm out guys. Sorry. The 6th is no good for me in the middle of the day, I won't be available until after three or four. Drag.
Yeah, sorry man. It's lame that I wasn't able to find a day that worked for everyone. We'll get you on the next one.
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:26 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Yep, I'm out too. I will look at a something or other for January; team tourney is in February.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 28th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Yep, I'm out too. I will look at a something or other for January; team tourney is in February.
Draft pack!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events