Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old October 24th, 2007, 11:19 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
doesn't have to be teams....

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If we do a team tourney I would like to shake it up a bit. I talked to GB about the possibility of making it a tourney where you draw for partners each round, but he didn't seem too keen on that idea. Any other ideas about how we could keep things fresh?

Old October 24th, 2007, 12:05 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
If we do a team tourney I would like to shake it up a bit. I talked to GB about the possibility of making it a tourney where you draw for partners each round, but he didn't seem too keen on that idea. Any other ideas about how we could keep things fresh?
Yeah include Marvel. That would shake it up a great deal.

Old October 24th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I had a ton fun at the last team tourney but the strategy was sort of basic: take out one member of the opposing team and your chances of winning just about triple. It's not so much that the armies are bigger but that having 2 sets Order Markers is so critical.

I'm not sure if that's something we want to mitigate somehow or not.

Quote:
I talked to GB about the possibility of making it a tourney where you draw for partners each round, but he didn't seem too keen on that idea.
I can understand that.

Hmm....
Old October 24th, 2007, 03:14 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:
Any other ideas about how we could keep things fresh?
Yeah include Marvel. That would shake it up a great deal.
Sure would. We ready for that yet?
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
We'd have to be more flex on point costs, though. If one person chooses Thanos, their partner could only have 140 (or 190 or whatever) points.

OR, to do the switcheroo thing, just use the DCI software where the 2 people next to each other in rank are on a team and they play the 2 people next to them. Should take the same amount of time, right?
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
We'd have to be more flex on point costs, though. If one person chooses Thanos, their partner could only have 140 (or 190 or whatever) points.

OR, to do the switcheroo thing, just use the DCI software where the 2 people next to each other in rank are on a team and they play the 2 people next to them. Should take the same amount of time, right?
We could just ditch teams altogether?

If we go teams, I would like to see 600 points, with no player able to have more than 350 points, leaving the other player no more than 250.

That zaps hulk and thanos.

Seems like most want to keep the team tourney going.

Old October 24th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Or, go the other direction...two teams, 500 points per army, Marvel included, draw for partner for the day (not game), and...wait for it... each army limited to 12 hexes of a 24 hex starting zone. That cuts the squads way down, allows the Marvel or larger point Classic guys and makes for a wham-bam day.
Old October 24th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
So it would be a strict 250 points per team in your scenario Rev?

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:31 PM

I do like random partner

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Me too, but I think GB's fear is keeping track of records.

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Squadshed Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Or, go the other direction...two teams, 500 points per army, Marvel included, draw for partner for the day (not game), and...wait for it... each army limited to 12 hexes of a 24 hex starting zone. That cuts the squads way down, allows the Marvel or larger point Classic guys and makes for a wham-bam day.
12 hexes? You're killing me here.

But 500 per... yes, I could have some fun with that.

Crixus' heart doesn't go "thump, thump." His heart goes "BANG! BANG!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events