Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old June 5th, 2021, 04:24 PM

Maytrix is surprisingly tart
Gerrincha Knights Workshop

The figure used for this unit is a D&D Pathfinder Battles miniature from the Crown of Fangs box set. Its name is Grey Maiden Guard 11

Character Bio: Before the great walls of Gerrincha fell to Utgar, the City stood tall protected by its noble knights. These guardians became legend across Valhalla thought to have impenetrable armor and inhuman reflexes in battle. As the war waged on, not many stood left to fight until Jandar came to them on the battlefield and offered his allegiance in return for their loyalty in the war against Utgar. Now, the future of the once-great city lies in the strength of the Gerrincha Knights.

May I present the Gerrincha Knights! This is my first significant attempt of creating a custom character card and I've been working on it for the past few days and love the way their lore turned out. I've only been able to playtest on two occassions so far and haven't utilized all of their possible synergies yet to see where I need to possibly scale their power level (like KoW + Sir Gilbert). This is by no means supposed to be a COMPLETED card, as I previously stated this is early in development but shows promise.
The King's Move ability has created alot of fun and interesting scenarios as it forces the opponent to be more hesitant positioning their characters at the end of a round and can be used as an instant kill on a lingering squad figure. I based their statline off of two-figure squads like Sentinels of Grax and Mezzodemon Warmongers to insure that their power level/cost actually made sense.
Thematically I wanted the card to play like an aggressive knight would. You're encouraged to engage the enemy either through King's Move or simply to guarantee atleast 1 shield. I focused more on their defensive capabilites as I think with more playtesting and tweaking, GERRINCHA AURA can really be effective and sometimes preferred instead of attacking with them (think Sgt. Drake or Alastair).
I know there will be many bumps and kinks that need to be worked out in the card, yes I'm aware you can't use the same character model twice in a squad so I'm looking for another miniature to fit the theme. But as always I'm writing this as I simply love HeroScape and it lets my creative juices run rampant, would love to get your guys opinions on their stats/abilities and possibly playtest! Happy 'Scaping!

Last edited by Maytrix; June 5th, 2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old June 5th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Gerrincha Knights Workshop

This is an interesting mix of stats and powers. Knight synergy with Concan and Sir Dupuis is great, and Sir Dupuis would get a bonding style attack if you take the time to set it up. Good stuff!

Old June 5th, 2021, 10:52 PM

Maytrix is surprisingly tart
Re: Gerrincha Knights Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
This is an interesting mix of stats and powers. Knight synergy with Concan and Sir Dupuis is great, and Sir Dupuis would get a bonding style attack if you take the time to set it up. Good stuff!
I'm very excited to try them with Concan/Fen Hydra/3x PKs. After another round of playtesting, i realized it's very important to prevent them from becoming engaged at the end of round to be able to use King's Move. I'll also try to find armies to fit them in with the Three R's (Rats, Raelin, Range) though they may fit very smoothly into a 4th Mass army possibly even with Sgt Drake (think 3x 4th Mass, Gerrincha Knights, Sgt. Drake)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum