Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old October 31st, 2008, 06:15 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated with Joker & Harley

Yeah, I went back and forth on that one for a while. I haven't playtested Beast Boy yet, so I'm not sure if making him a double based fig is too unfair/overly complicated. After a few games I may not feel the need to balance out his heavy hitter form by slowing his mobility - who knows?
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:33 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really mean to get to take a look at the rest of your customs in more detail, but from what I've seen so far you've done an amazing job yet again!

Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok no school tomorrow for elections (I get to vote!!!), so I have some free time to catch up.

GCPD COPS- If the others are changed to Lawmen I would change these as well and also change the Thin Blue Line ability to affect Lawmen (class is capitalized I believe).
- You need to clarify if this ability stacks. For example if three Cops are killed in one turn do the remaining Cops (assuming you drafted more than one squad) now have a 5/5? It can be cleared up simply either way.
- Also I would say "any lawman destroyed by an opponent's figure, so you don't go around killing your figures to get one insanely powerful attack.
- Points might need a slight bump if the ability stacks on itself.

COMISSIONER GORDON
- Again if officers are now lawmen this card should change as well.
- He looks good, maybe you would consider some kind of behind the scenes ability because he always seems to haev a secret plan in the comics or the movies, just an idea to ponder...

STREET THUGS
- Ah, what would the comic world be without them. Excellent representation.
- They seem expensive though a four attack is still not all that great, I guess since it is a normal attack so it is subect to bonuses, but still.
- Another thing you need to address is how to asign bonuses. What if one figure is in Taelord's aura but the others are not? What if they all are, is this an 8 attack now? What if two figures have height advantage on the target and two are lower than the target? These questions are why all combining attack dice powers are Special Attacks and need to be on the same level.

CYBORG
- Interesting take on his Sonic Cannon - I like it .
- In the last ability Unique should be capitalized I think (check someone such as Thorgrim - Place this figure on any Unique figure's Army Card - again check this I don't remember)
- Interesting twist that the figure returns to the owner!
- I really like this figure and points seem good. Great job!!

RAVEN
- Never knew Raven has healing abilities, I guess that's not shown in the TV show.
- I know her movement power - very cool by the way - is powerful, but I don't know if 110 points is justified when you look at the attack of 2 and defense of 3. A drop of 10-15 might be appropriate.
- Very different take than my own of Raven, but I do like it!

As always hope to have helped you!

Old November 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Ok no school tomorrow for elections (I get to vote!!!), so I have some free time to catch up.

GCPD COPS- If the others are changed to Lawmen I would change these as well and also change the Thin Blue Line ability to affect Lawmen (class is capitalized I believe).
- You need to clarify if this ability stacks. For example if three Cops are killed in one turn do the remaining Cops (assuming you drafted more than one squad) now have a 5/5? It can be cleared up simply either way.
- Also I would say "any lawman destroyed by an opponent's figure, so you don't go around killing your figures to get one insanely powerful attack.
- Points might need a slight bump if the ability stacks on itself.
Sorry for the delay in replying - it's been a busy week. Anyway, that was excellent advice on the cops. The ability doesn't stack and the card will be reworded in the final draft. The cops are now Lawmen, as are all my cards that were Officers. As for the capitalization, I was using Nerak's card (which doesn't capiltalize the word orc) as an example of Heroscape style, but then I realized that the Dumutef Guard's card (which capitalizes the word Devourer) contradicts it. I guess I'll go with capitalization.

Quote:
STREET THUGS
- Ah, what would the comic world be without them. Excellent representation.
- They seem expensive though a four attack is still not all that great, I guess since it is a normal attack so it is subect to bonuses, but still.
- Another thing you need to address is how to asign bonuses. What if one figure is in Taelord's aura but the others are not? What if they all are, is this an 8 attack now? What if two figures have height advantage on the target and two are lower than the target? These questions are why all combining attack dice powers are Special Attacks and need to be on the same level.
Great advice again. When I designed them, I thought the power would be clear, but I see now that there could be some confusing situations. It's now a special attack a la the Roman Archers, except without all the pesky formation rules.

Quote:
CYBORG
- Interesting take on his Sonic Cannon - I like it .
- In the last ability Unique should be capitalized I think (check someone such as Thorgrim - Place this figure on any Unique figure's Army Card - again check this I don't remember)
- Interesting twist that the figure returns to the owner!
- I really like this figure and points seem good. Great job!!
Thanks, he's one of the few figures I've got that have been playtested enough to make it into final draft stage.

Quote:
RAVEN
- Never knew Raven has healing abilities, I guess that's not shown in the TV show.
- I know her movement power - very cool by the way - is powerful, but I don't know if 110 points is justified when you look at the attack of 2 and defense of 3. A drop of 10-15 might be appropriate.
- Very different take than my own of Raven, but I do like it!
Yeah, I don't watch Teen Titans Go, so all my customs are based on the comic book versions of the characters. As for her points, I've never playtested her, but I priced her the way I did because she theoretically embodies the Saylind/Kelda combo (teleport a wounded figure to a safe part of the battlefield in order to heal them) in one figure.

Here are a couple new ones. First, the Big Red Cheese himself...

and his archenemy...

Old November 15th, 2008, 09:45 AM

Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated with Captain Marvel

I just realized I never got around to posting my Hawkman custom - Hawkgirl must be so lonely...

I've also revised Hawkgirl's card on the first page of this thread. Her point cost has been bumped up 10 points to 130, taking into consideration her utility as a ranged stealth flyer.

I also thought I'd throw in another of my favorite comic book couples, Mister Miracle and Big Barda. Enjoy!

Last edited by Sherman Davies; November 15th, 2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 06:56 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated w/ Hawkman & New Go

These are so cool. I really like the Green Lantern custom. That defence power is really awesome!

Boise ID Scaper
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the kind words. As I've said, if you get a chance to try them out, lemme know what you think of them in an actual game. I've got so many works in progress it will take me quite a while to playtest them all.
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:15 PM

Sherman you gotta send me a pm or something I promised I'd catch up and I'm just falling farther behind.

I'm falling asleep as I type this otherwise I'd comment...

Old December 1st, 2008, 02:01 AM

PM sent.

I've updated my Deathstroke custom now that I've playtested him to "final draft" stage, and here's another custom that I've finished playtesting to satisfaction: The Fastest Man Alive.

Old December 1st, 2008, 12:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated w/ Flash & Deathstr

I like your Flash. He keeps it simple. Nicely done.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Thanks, Necro. I designed him as SuperScape's ultimate answer to squadscape, so he's pretty powerful versus squads but is easily countered by counterstrike, 'natch. In my playtests he was able to kill his points worth of squads about 50% of the time, so I hope he works out well for anyone who tries him.

I've been pretty busy lately, but I'll try to post some new customs soon.
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:04 PM

It's been a while since my last addition to this thread; my new policy is to reserve this thread for figures that have made it to "final draft" stage, so new customs will show up here a bit slower. I did finally finish playtesting a new hero, so here he is:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations