Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old May 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Custom Common Hero Contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RennixTheThf View Post
ok i made card but dont know how to put it on here so here is the stats

Vydar Thief
1 life
6 move
7 range
0 attack
3 defence

Human
Common Hero
Tricky
Earth
Medium 4

Specials:
Aura Steal:
Roll the 20-sided die if you roll a
1-14 nothing happens
15-19 Choose any 1 added bonus marker or spirts on target figure and put it on Vydar Thief.
20 Pull all Bonus markers and Spirts on Vydar Thief

Tricky Army Bonus:
Add 2 attack die to Vydar Thief's attack roll if all units in your army are tricky

points 35
I do like what you are trying to accomplish. I have some major issues, though.

#1 If your opponent isn't using the Viking Champions, this figure is useless. Plus, the high point (a result of 20 on the die) of his power only works if the same card has at least two of the three Viking Champions.

#2 Why does he have such a high Range, if his Attack is zero? Give him Attack 1, and issue #1, above, is reduced.

#3 He is very easy to kill, with 3 Defense and no special defensive powers.

#4 He is common, so how can he have the Champions on his own card?

I would like to suggest something about stealing auras like Raelin's but that can be both too powerful. Perhaps he can negate auras, like those of the Champions and Raelin/Taelord etc.?

I like the fact that you chose a specific type of power to steal; it's just too limited, IMO. I am not sure how to fix the character, although I suggest raising his Attack to 1, giving him a Range of 5 or 6, perhaps, giving him some sort of Stealth or Disappear ability, and really rethink the main power.

I really like the general concept! It's just a very difficult one to figure out, and I don't pretend to have the answer at the moment.
You make some excellent points about this figure. The wording is confusing -- what is a bonus marker?

I've often toyed with the idea of a simple figure that is immune to all special attacks. I wanted to put it on some kind fo shade common, but it sounds like it would be appropriate here. This gives the figures some defensive abilities and really ticks off figures that depend on special attacks (i.e. Q9 etc.). Perhaps he could be immune to any special attack or ability, because I don't think that things like Chomp are special attacks. It might complicate the matter, but it sounds like it would make this figure fun to play.
Old May 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Padwhite is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
Padwhite, I really like your swarm master, so I cut apart a few of my extra Marro in order to make a simple model for it. Enjoy.

OMG!! That is Perfect! Exactly what I was thinking of. I don't have any extra Marro, so I couldn't make anything.

You, my friend, are the best.
Old May 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa1 View Post
You make some excellent points about this figure. The wording is confusing -- what is a bonus marker?

I've often toyed with the idea of a simple figure that is immune to all special attacks. I wanted to put it on some kind fo shade common, but it sounds like it would be appropriate here. This gives the figures some defensive abilities and really ticks off figures that depend on special attacks (i.e. Q9 etc.). Perhaps he could be immune to any special attack or ability, because I don't think that things like Chomp are special attacks. It might complicate the matter, but it sounds like it would make this figure fun to play.
A bonus marker means something like an Experience Token from the Kozuke Samurai (or is it Tagawa?).

As for your figure, I'd say that's a mite too powerful. Being immune to Special Attacks might be good, especially if normal attacks can take him down fairly easily; but being immune to other special powers seems a bit much.

Old May 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

You are right of course. Immune to special abilities would get really complicated since how would Syvarris' double attack work? It just would be too wierd.

I think "cannot be targetted by a special attack" might be a cool quality of a common hero. I like abilities that force others to rethink the typical strategy. Q9 would have to target the character with his normal attack, could not be eviscerated or affected by explosions or shotguns. It sounds like it would make a cool common ability -- if anyone would like to borrow it for their custom unit.
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM

Luthien Woo who?

I've always been of the belief that HeroScape needs some pirates, so here you go:

-Luthien/Alysha
Shackling your mind since 2006.
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Solid. No complaints. I'd like to see some wild pirates (squad) to go with that, even.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Einar's Puppy, here is a card for you if you are interested in using it.

Awsome! Thanks. The only problem is that I altered his points to 50 and reworded the first power:

Jandar Soldier Inspiration-
All friendly Jandar soldiers adjacent to a Drummer boy gain plus 1 defence. If they have a range of 4 or more then they also gain plus 1 range.

I'm still stuck on the wording of the second power. the thing is, I want the squad to have bonding with him, since he has less staying power than the squads he buffs/bonds. If you have an all 4th Mass and these guys army, then you will put your order markers on the 4th Mass and move the Drummer boys at the same time.
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Thoughts on recent posts:
I love the Drummer Boy card. However, looking at the points, is that right? 70?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
I like him too, but may I suggest a wording change to the Jandar Soldier Squad Bonding? As it is, when you take a turn with another squad you get to move this guy, the problem is, I am dumb and will forget if I am not looking at this card while take a marker turn with the other card. At least that is how it reads to me.

How about you may take a turn with any Jandar Soldier Squad after taking a turn with drummer boy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Quote:
Einar's Puppy, here is a card for you if you are interested in using it.
Nicely done!
  1. No it isn't.
  2. I was thinking that too, but the problem is I don't think he wills urvive as long as the squads he bonds with, so you will wind up with a bunch of on used markers in the late game. Though, it wouldn't be a horror to change it to a normal bonding hero->squad.
  3. Thanks!
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
I've always been of the belief that HeroScape needs some pirates, so here you go:
Woah. I like the general idea of a pirate, but I have a few concerns (don't I always)?

The Sea Legs ability is thematic, in a way, but sea legs is really a shipboard ability, not a walking on water ability.

The other ability is, well, wild. It seems to open the door to abuse. Who is wild already? Valguard, Guilty, Dzu-Teh, Marro Warriors, the Tarns, the MacDirks, and probably a host of others from many generals. I suggest rethinking the crappy bonding; possibly to restrict it to pirates (of which there are none, of course) or some other subset.

I think he should probably have some Agent Carr-like power, such as a gun with range 6 and 2 Attack dice, then Melee 2. These are just my thoughts.

Old May 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker

The pirate rocks!

There are just so many more fun things you could do with him. I'm not saying these are good ideas, just fun ones:

Avast ye scurvy dogs
Instead of taking a turn with a Dread Pirate, you may take a turn with any Wolf/Dog squad you control.

Walk the plank
Dread Pirate never rolls for falling damage.

Swashbuckle
When attacking any adjacent figure, add one die to Dread Pirate's attack.

Swab the poop deck
When moving in swamp water, Dread Pirate may add two spaces to his move.

Ok, that's enough for now. That was fun.

Returns for more.

Old May 5th, 2008, 11:41 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry about the incorrect drummer card. I updated it to refelct your current idea, and I took a shot at wording the second power for you in a way that might work well.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:43 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padwhite View Post
You, my friend, are the best.
I'm happy that you like it. It was my pleasure.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games