Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old January 10th, 2015, 11:54 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: UPDATE: Trex's Custom Terrain Vydars Alpha Prime 12-20-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I don't know if they were intentionally inspired or just subconsciously, but your first two posted terrain items are great stand-ins for Castle Grayskull and the Frightzone from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe! And as someone already mentioned, your latest one really reminds me of the Star Wars Death Star playset that I had as a kid. Just missing the trash compactor!
I just got hold of another castle from page 1, its in better condition. I'm going to make it part of a much larger utgar castle. Trash compactor sounds like a fun destructible object. I have a ton of stuff in the works' a carbon freezing chamber with functioning mechanics' a tree village. Star wars buildings with a tutorial, so many things and not enough time. Working on lots of stuff on my custom sculpts and paints thread. Thanks for looking, feedback is always welcome.

I think all your character figures will become the "destructible objects" in a custom designed Trash Compactor with "functioning mechanics." ~~lol~~ I hear you on the "... SO MANY things and NOT enough time" lamentation. Best wishes for a productive New Year. Looking forward to seeing more of your creation to inspire me to get off my arse and get busy.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:30 AM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really great work TREX! I'm a sucker for castle builds (as you probably gathered from my Castle Grayskull pics!), so I immediately was drawn to your castle. Aaaannnd, as a sucker for 80's playsets, I also saw a ghost of vintage Star Wars toys in your other builds (which is a great thing). Also, good work on the LEDs. I'm still considering putting LEDs in Grayskull - I've just had a massive break from designing new projects due to having a baby...

It's always great to see creative projects going on!

Betty or Veronica...?
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:10 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-scaper View Post
I've just had a massive break from designing new projects due to having a baby...
You've had a baby? You should look into it...I bet the circus would pay you.
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Really great work TREX! I'm a sucker for castle builds (as you probably gathered from my Castle Grayskull pics!), so I immediately was drawn to your castle. Aaaannnd, as a sucker for 80's playsets, I also saw a ghost of vintage Star Wars toys in your other builds (which is a great thing). Also, good work on the LEDs. I'm still considering putting LEDs in Grayskull - I've just had a massive break from designing new projects due to having a baby...

Thanks for looking @ozzy-scaper , the Led lights were super easy to do, check out my link I provide in my post of the sci fi building. It is a model train software sight. The prices were very reasonable and they had tons of options. I just have been putting my terrain on the backburner, due to the loving I'm giving my Custom sculpt projects lately.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 26th, 2015, 05:48 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Really great work TREX! I'm a sucker for castle builds (as you probably gathered from my Castle Grayskull pics!), so I immediately was drawn to your castle. Aaaannnd, as a sucker for 80's playsets, I also saw a ghost of vintage Star Wars toys in your other builds (which is a great thing). Also, good work on the LEDs. I'm still considering putting LEDs in Grayskull -
I just wanted to remind everyone in the community (following this thread) that right now that most stores are trying to get rid of their CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS, and whatever is left can be gotten at 75% -to- 90% OFF. I've been scouring the Clearance tables and was picked up several packs of Battery Operated strings of 20 Mini LED Lights for $2.50, which I hope to eventually use in my own version of a Imaginext Castle and Star Wars Command Venter modified for HeroScape-ing purposed. So go shopping locally and check it out.

Quote:
I've just had a massive break from designing new projects due to having a baby...
@ozzy-scaper ~ *CONGRATULATIONS* Having babies does have an insidious way of rearranging your priorities and preventing hobby and gaming projects from getting completed in a timely manner.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:28 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
UPDATE: Trex's Custom Terrain Star Wars Terrain 3-10-15

Screwed courtesy of photobucket.

Last edited by TREX; March 24th, 2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: UPDATE: Trex's Custom Terrain Star Wars Terrain 3-10-15

The windows were a great find whatever they were. Are you going to try to build a throne as well? I might include a ladder running up the wall for figures without Force Leap or flying to get up there, even if it isn't in the official specs. Running right up the wall so the one ladder connects the ground level to the throne level and continuing up to the catwalk would seem ideal.
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:57 PM
"like" happy

@Yodaking , the windows are materials meant to be recycled at work, I have a ton of them. They are core plugs for rollstock we use to package Pepperidge Farm goldfish. Yep, I make goldfish. If you would like some of them, I will give you some and just have you pay shipping for them if you like. They make great arched doorways as well.
(see the gray one at the bottom.) I just chopped it 3/4 of the way down with my scroll saw. I am planning on building some kind of throne, probably a hex raised up one space with arms and a backing. Painted all awesome and what not. I was thinking of making some of my greenstuff mounts next to the catwalk on both sides to have ladders on there optionally.

Old March 12th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looking good.
What do you use as supports for the stairs and walkways?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 12th, 2015, 01:06 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Really like the doorways and the window! I agree that placing a ladder up against the wall would be the easiest way to do it.
Old March 12th, 2015, 01:49 PM
"like" happy

@Tornado , I use dowel rods cut down with my scroll saw, on this project the larger supports are pvc pipe I had extra laying around. How I did the stairs, I measured out how tall 2 hex high,4,6,8,10, and 12 hexes high. I took the material height for the base and platform, subtracted that from the whole height, and thats how I knew how high to cut the dowel rods. My top platform is as high as 1 castle wall with a cap space on it. I then use a hot glue gun to mount them to the platforms.(easiest and cheapest way.) @Porkins , same as I told Yodaking, If you would like some of those circular window things, tell me how many, and I will only charge you for shipping. I have a ton of them, and your welcome to some. I cut them 3/4 of the way down for doors, and use the excess for things like bridge sides. (check my previous terrain.) Again, I use my scroll saw. PM me if you would like some.

Old March 12th, 2015, 02:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I may take you up on that offer, I have a huge pile of stuff I've collected to make custom terrain with though that sits untouched so I'm not sure if I really should add more to it. I eat Goldfish from time to time, is it part of the packaging such that I could just pick them up at the store sometime?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles