Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Would you use Stinger Denial?
Heck No! 44 65.67%
It depends on who I'm playing. 18 26.87%
I'll use whatever I can for victory! 5 7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 29th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Stinger Denial Poll

Interesting that they didn't factor it in, even if it was after the fact of seeing the sculpts and saying, "Holy crap, those guns really block movement".

Of course on the other hand the use of Stinger Denial is highly situational and probably wouldn't come up as often as one might think. I'd actually probably only use it to make my son hopping mad in a fun game (seems like a contradiction but it isn't), or maybe in a very serious/highly competitive tourney setting (i.e. Gencon), or against that rare player type of player who's a total jerk and deserves it
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I'd never use it, I remember CVN playing someone at Gencon and Raelin was positioned a certain way that would deny an opposing figure from standing next to her. And he moved her so that the figure could stand there.

It isn't in the spirit of the game, big no-no for me.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

He cheated, you mean?

Do you really want to take advice on how to play Heroscape from both an incompetent (didn't see Denial while designing the model) and a cheater (moved his figure on his opponent's turn)?

LMAO

*I jest, I jest.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 30th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
He cheated, you mean?

Do you really want to take advice on how to play Heroscape from both an incompetent (didn't see Denial while designing the model) and a cheater (moved his figure on his opponent's turn)?

LMAO

*I jest, I jest.
Me, reading that:

!!! ....
Old August 30th, 2013, 01:07 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
He cheated, you mean?

LMAO

*I jest, I jest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
Cheat:
1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination.
Therefore, CVN did not "cheat" in any sense of the word, as by breaking the rules he was putting himself at a disadvantage. I know you were just messing around Superfly, but you really had no basis to go on calling CVN a cheater (at his own game no less).
Old August 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
Cheat:
1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination.
Therefore, CVN did not "cheat" in any sense of the word, as by breaking the rules he was putting himself at a disadvantage. I know you were just messing around Superfly, but you really had no basis to go on calling CVN a cheater (at his own game no less).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Websters
Cheat:
Intransitive verb
a : to practice fraud or trickery
b : to violate rules dishonestly
Quote:
By the definitions that I found, he did cheat. I really don't care, it's semantics and a waste of time to discuss definitions.

However, SuperFly was joking around, an didn't actually mean it. That's why it was a joke, and not a serious post, so the part I bolded is just you appearing waaaay too defensive.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old August 30th, 2013, 02:03 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
However, SuperFly was joking around, an didn't actually mean it. That's why it was a joke, and not a serious post, so the part I bolded is just you appearing waaaay too defensive.
I fully realized it was a joke, hence the phrase "I know you were just messing around Superfly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Websters
Cheat:
Intransitive verb
a : to practice fraud or trickery
b : to violate rules dishonestly
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
By the definitions that I found, he did cheat. I really don't care, it's semantics and a waste of time to discuss definitions.
The definition you cited doesn't prove CVN's action as cheating any more than mine did. Craig touched his own figure on his opponent's turn in plain view and with his opponent's blessing. I wouldn't call that a "dishonest rule violation", would you?

Cheating is an action your opponent doesn't want you to commit. In the above situation, Craig's opponent was grateful that he adjusted the figure in order to make room. Again, not a situation I would define as cheating.
Old August 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Rule Breaking?

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 30th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Cheating is an action your opponent doesn't want you to commit.
If I were playing a game with my friend Mike, and I didn't like the game/wasn't having a good time, but he clearly was, and if I then were violating the rules so that he would gain an advantage and likely win, he would be furious at me.

Cheating doesn't need to be only benefiting the cheater.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 31st, 2013, 08:51 AM

saywhat knows what's in an order marker saywhat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
If I were playing a game with my friend Mike, and I didn't like the game/wasn't having a good time, but he clearly was, and if I then were violating the rules so that he would gain an advantage and likely win, he would be furious at me.

I respectfully disagree. Cheating is to gain an unfair advantage, in your example you are basically forfeiting the game and that is what would be upsetting to your opponent who is having a good time.

I have been on both ends of this scenario and it is akin to saying "I don't want to play this dumb game anymore".

The only similarity between this and cheating is that both are considered poor sportsmanship. Beyond that one is not the other.

Last edited by saywhat; September 29th, 2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old August 31st, 2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Rule Breaking?
Rule breaking does not equal cheating in all circumstances (but it does in most).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

I agree that the hypothetical situation you outlined should be classified as cheating. In it, you broke the rules for your own benefit (bringing an early end to a game you did not enjoy). Also, your mentioned rule violation was upsetting to your opponent (who was enjoying himself and did not want the game cut short). I'd say that is pretty cut and dry cheating to me.

However, unless I'm missing something, CVN's alleged "cheating" does not share any of the common similarities with your example. Craig had no selfish advantage to gain by making room for an opponent's figure to engage his own. Furthermore, Craig's action did not frustrate his opponent, it did just the opposite! His opponent was pleased he shifted one of his figures out of turn order.

Cheating, if discovered, hinders the enjoyment of the game for one or more players. CVN's action made the game mutually more enjoyable for all involved. If Craig had been cheating, why did his opponent thank him for doing so?
Old August 31st, 2013, 09:47 AM

saywhat knows what's in an order marker saywhat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
In it, you broke the rules for your own benefit (bringing an early end to a game you did not enjoy).
From a purely gaming perspective this does not equal gaining an unfair advantage.

Last edited by saywhat; September 29th, 2013 at 02:52 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units