Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Notices

Old February 1st, 2018, 03:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G CityScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Added the grass tile to my original display post post

I've also added a PDF for the "master set" tiles which are the three tiles to be printed 2x and placed on the back of the first AotP tile set.

these are in the original 11x17 size as I haven't completed the cut up to make the 8.5x11 files since my computer is old and it takes a long time with the huge file. Once I'm satisfied with everything as is I'll export out each tile so I can cut them up easier. I don't want to do all that and find that I need to adjust something and have to do it all over again...if anyone prints these out and mounts them or just puts tiles on it please take pictures. I'd love to see it.

EDIT: HOLD OFF PRINTING THE FIRST TILE the one called CornerL doesn't align properly...I printed some small test files and I noticed I made the short side road on that tile 1/2 hex larger than the others so it has a jog...I'll fix this weekend.

You can see what I mean here in this demo...
Did you use two different colors for the streets? It seems to be pure black tiles on some and more of a charcoal on others.
Old February 1st, 2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great timing.

Planning on putting something together for Gen Con to play in the room. Maps are the first step and then fold flat buildings.

Will be looking to take the next step towards Building rules again.
Old February 1st, 2018, 03:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Added the grass tile to my original display post post

I've also added a PDF for the "master set" tiles which are the three tiles to be printed 2x and placed on the back of the first AotP tile set.

these are in the original 11x17 size as I haven't completed the cut up to make the 8.5x11 files since my computer is old and it takes a long time with the huge file. Once I'm satisfied with everything as is I'll export out each tile so I can cut them up easier. I don't want to do all that and find that I need to adjust something and have to do it all over again...if anyone prints these out and mounts them or just puts tiles on it please take pictures. I'd love to see it.

EDIT: HOLD OFF PRINTING THE FIRST TILE the one called CornerL doesn't align properly...I printed some small test files and I noticed I made the short side road on that tile 1/2 hex larger than the others so it has a jog...I'll fix this weekend.

You can see what I mean here in this demo...
Did you use two different colors for the streets? It seems to be pure black tiles on some and more of a charcoal on others.
No but it is a textured surface. What you see here is just a product of scaling it down to make the thumbnails. As you scale down it randomly selects a pixel and combines adjacent pixels so in that case it grabbed a darker pixel more often than a lighter one. Full size I can't tell any difference.

As far as making 8.5x11 printable sheets...I will in fact do that once I am confident that everything is good to go. It's way too much work to break them apart and then find a issue and have to do it all again. I may do one tile sooner just for you guys though.

If anyone prints out the 11x17 version please let me know or maybe even take a picture. I'd love to see if it fits properly. My 11x17 printer at work is not operational.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 1st, 2018, 03:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I went out and got an extra AotP set just so I could get these tile sheets. I'm super excited about easy city builds using theses. Over the years I have been collecting buildings:

From Plastcraft Games (Preprinted)

Unpainted:

From Fantasy Flight Games (unpainted):

From Mantic Games (unpainted):

So my city is growing nicely.

Not to mention picked up a bunch of these from Walmart:

And these Sets from toys are us:

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; February 1st, 2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old February 1st, 2018, 04:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Great timing.

Planning on putting something together for Gen Con to play in the room. Maps are the first step and then fold flat buildings.

Will be looking to take the next step towards Building rules again.
I got so frustrated trying to do a fold flat type that didn't suffer from the disassembling aspect that I almost went the mcmeeple way and just build some thin MDF permanent modular structures...I even have the wood in my garage. But I'm stubborn and it's been sitting there for months as I can't convince myself to give up the fold flat idea.

I still have my Big Belly Burger building though...it's usable just not releasable standard.

I wish I had one of those Laser cutting deals...I think Quozl was onto something and was really close to my idea of perfection.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 1st, 2018, 04:06 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I went out and got an extra AotP set just so I could get these tile sheets. I'm super excited about easy city builds using theses.
That's great to hear and inspiring to me. Thanks for telling me that. Can you print them full sized or are you waiting for me to cut them apart into smaller sheets too?

Old February 1st, 2018, 04:09 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I have been working on something in my mind on buildings.
Works off the idea I had before for flat folding buildings but a little easier to work with but maybe not as great looking.

I have acquired quite a collection of Christmas buildings. Enough to fill a huge map already.

Quote:
I went out and got an extra AotP set just so I could get these tile sheets. I'm super excited about easy city builds using theses.

I picked up a few of these:

Those are both print and cut correct? Please post some pics!!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 1st, 2018, 04:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have been working on something in my mind on buildings.
Works off the idea I had before for flat folding buildings but a little easier to work with but maybe not as great looking.

I have acquired quite a collection of Christmas buildings. Enough to fill a huge map already.

Those are both print and cut correct? Please post some pics!!
Sadly they are currently in storage (2 year old son running around, is basically Godzilla to heroscape Cities.) if you look back at my post I fixed it up. The first 3 are on laser cut sheets and you just glue them together (they have the colour already on them, and look just like the pictures.). The second 2 are sheets and you have to paint them. They are a hard almost foam core material.

The other 2 sets are, exactly like you see.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 1st, 2018, 05:17 PM

You know what would be cool would be if you could print out a large patch, like for fabric.
Then you could just roll the map up when you are done.
Old February 1st, 2018, 05:27 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
You know what would be cool would be if you could print out a large patch, like for fabric.
Then you could just roll the map up when you are done.
Way back when I started this I planned on making a static map. Unfortunately my photos in my custom Super City thread are mostly gone. I did find it got stale and so began the journey towards modularity. In a perfect world the AotP tiles wouldn't have had the intricate "locking" edges. I almost made some similarly sized mdf pieces that would have been flippable. Once the AotP tiles became so cheap I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do this so more people could benefit...If I was just making this stuff for me I'd been done years ago. Trying to make something that the masses can reproduce is more difficult.

An option you can use Tornado is to glue each printed sheet piece to a felt backing and the just use a large felt sheet and just stick the pieces to it. You could then likely loose roll it and it should stick. I once thought about getting a magnetic dry erase board the size of our game table and printing map tiles onto the thin printable magnetic sheets. Probably would have been fine for home though costly but wouldn't have been as usable for travel. These tiles however fit nicely into a box with several figures. The Innistrad box is larger than the base box so it gives you more room for figures and dice and such. If I can get a few fold flat buildings in there I'd be set.

Old February 1st, 2018, 06:10 PM

I like that you set parameters. I will try to what I can make buildings that fit in an Innistrad box.

The idea is to take a piece of foamboard and with three slits on one side, it will fold into the shape with the end pieces pinned or velcro'd together. You would have to place the roof on top, which I would pin down. I may have to fold the roof to fit in the extra space at the end of the box.

The key is cutting through just one side, creating a hinge.
Now the drawback will be the exposed corners. Not sure how bad it will look until I mock it up. The pinned corner will be solid but the other three exposed.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 1st, 2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I went out and got an extra AotP set just so I could get these tile sheets. I'm super excited about easy city builds using theses. Over the years I have been collecting buildings:

From Plastcraft Games (Preprinted)

Unpainted:

From Fantasy Flight Games (unpainted):

From Mantic Games (unpainted):

Not to mention picked up a bunch of these from Walmart:

And these Sets from toys are us:
Oh wow. Only a couple of these pics was showing before for me.
Nice. Always wanted some PlastCraft, is that as awesome as it looks?

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers