Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Comics: what are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I mostly read Transformer comics, particularly More than Meets the Eye (one of the two current ongoings) which is an awesome comic and lets a lot of Transformers get some limelight after 20 plus years of being background characters at best. I also read the Robots in Disguise (the other current ongoing) on occasion. Just to keep up with current TF universe though, I don’t particularly like the comic and it’s nowhere near is good as MtMtE in my opinion. I read the spotlight issues (one-offs that ‘spotlight’ a certain character) when the subject interests me. Also started reading Regeneration 1, which is a continuation of the original Marvel comic from the 80s.

You know, TF comics also have multiple universes. They follow the path of Marvel more closely since they started as Marvel comics. I do like how Marvel created their universe separation, unlike DC.

~MegaSilver, getting two IDW TF Volumes this Saturday.
The main reason I like Marvel better than DC is that Marvel doesn't kill a superhero and then say "Wait that was from an alternate universe." Ruins it for me, at least Marvel doesn't do that to my knowledge. Ranting aside I've been reading some of the Teen Titans comics lately.
I like Marvel and DC equally and I think it's fair to say that both entities kill and revive their characters. What superhero characters have died and never returned in any way? I can only think of one...
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I just had to look it up. Here is a wikipedia page with characters who stayed dead (and ones that came back).
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That list would be tough to keep up with - they'll probably have to pull off half the names within a year the way characters die and come back.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 7th, 2013, 07:11 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I just had to look it up. Here is a wikipedia page with characters who stayed dead (and ones that came back).
I don't see any Marvel characters, on the list of those who have died and come back. Might be because of what Batman said earlier with those that die in Marvel being clones.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There's a very lengthy list of them in that link, actually.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There's a very lengthy list of them in that link, actually.
I'm talking about the list right at the bottom of the page of those who have been resurrected. The list is all DC, no Marvel.

my tradelist
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
I don't see any Marvel characters, on the list of those who have died and come back. Might be because of what Batman said earlier with those that die in Marvel being clones.
I think you missed it. There's a bunch of Marvel characters on the Resurrection list.
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:53 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I think you missed it. There's a bunch of Marvel characters on the Resurrection list.
I did miss that, whoops.

my tradelist
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Blackest Night is excellent stuff. That and Sinestro War is the best of the bunch when it comes to GL stuff, IMO.

Brightest Day is completely missable, though. Don't let the end of Blackest Night convince you otherwise.
I've never read anything GL but the characters do have me curious with all the c3g designs and my son watching the cartoon...what would be a good place to start.
I don't know how old your son is, but most of the recent GL comics are targeted for a teen audience. There is often murder portrayed. My son is a bit too young for this content so he's been reading the GL comic series based on the Cartoon Network cartoon. It only ran for 10 issues or so, but it really enjoyed it and it was age appropriate.
No the GL was for me...He's barely old enough for the cartoon but he watches it sometimes. Just watching the cartoon with him and seeing all the C3G releases revolving around GL got me interested to read more. He's currently now officially in love with the tiny titans so I may actually get to read something on my own.

Thanks for the heads up on the series based on the cartoon I will look into it for reading with my son. Most of the comics based off of the cartoon series seem to be OK, at least the ones we've found.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Blackest Night is excellent stuff. That and Sinestro War is the best of the bunch when it comes to GL stuff, IMO.

Brightest Day is completely missable, though. Don't let the end of Blackest Night convince you otherwise.
I've never read anything GL but the characters do have me curious with all the c3g designs and my son watching the cartoon...what would be a good place to start.
It's pre-New 52, but as I understand it most of the GL stuff carried over, so I'd start with the graphic novels and pick up Green Lantern: No Fear by Geoff Johns, which I believe collects the start of his run.
Thanks Bats I will look into that one.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
That list would be tough to keep up with - they'll probably have to pull off half the names within a year the way characters die and come back.
I had similar thoughts when I first looked at it. When I first searched there was a hit for a blog entry mentioning how Sabertooth died and has quietly been dead for a year (no idea when the page was written), but I couldn't find any mention of him on that wikipedia page. That said I was a little surprised that there were so many dead dead characters and not so many alive dead characters.
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:56 PM

Yeah, but if you take all of the dead dead characters who were replaced by other heroes with the same name (just a different secret identity), it cuts it down significantly. That's how these comic companies update their characters for changing times, while still taking advantage of the name recognition.

Old May 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Check out some 2000AD.
Dredd has been one continuous story since the 70s.
Every year that passes in real life, a year passes for Dredd.
Lucky for him he has high tech to slow the aging process but he is getting old. Anderson is really pushing it. As a telepath, the anti-aging interferes with her powers, so she ages at a normal rate.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics