Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old July 24th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
An Apologetic Revdyer

After all these many years, my gaming partner and I were getting a little tired of the same old combinations. Our method (we use 550 point armies) has been (playing two games on two days a week) to say, "If you win, you have to keep that army, and I get to choose a new army." That works really well for the scissors/rock/paper structure of HeroScape (one of the real strengths of the game, of course). However, after several years we have found ourselves going "round and round." The same sequences of armies (with slight variations) kept coming up. We were seriously look at other games (especially since I'd been given a copy of Axis and Allies 1942...a interesting looking game). However the other games were, generally, too time consuming. So, today, I flipped out a Valiant army (4 x 4th Mass, Kyntela Gwyn, Eldrim, and Captain America (because of the movie)). An amazing slug-fest between Captain America a Charos was the high-light of the two games. We're back to playing 'Scape for a while (a year??). Or, as my friend said, on leaving with a double-defeat, even using Zelrig and Charos, "I'm bringing the evil Marvels next time."

So, I've been wrong. (Not the first, not the last time.)

My apologies to the M-community.
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: An Apologetic Revdyer

I had been absent for a long time on Heroscapers.com, as I felt I didn't have anything else I could really contribute to the community. It wasn't until I discovered the Superhero customs in this area of the forum that I even knew it existed. I discovered the great work by the C3G customs group. I began to de-lurk, and found areas where I could make a contribution to their project. In the process, I've also discovered fantastic customs created by Matt Helm, Sherman Davies, Balantai, and recently hi1hi1hi1hi1 (just to name a few).

I've been highly active in the Marvel section of the forums for just about one year now, with some posts in other areas of the forum. The latter two links in my signature indicate two threads I've created that I'm especially proud of.

I recently thought of something: I could've done some of the things I do now -- especially with my battle stories -- with Classic Heroscape as well. It turns out that I actually had something I could've contributed to the forums. So, in a real sense, I owe the Classic Heroscape Community an apology of my own.

I know you're not interested in incorporating customs into your collection; but you are most welcome to check out my Battle Stories thread (linked in my signature). You'll see stories based on actual games that I've played by myself solo (mistakes and all). Hopefully, you'll find it entertaining.
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:49 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

davidlhsl, I don't know what shape my HeroScape gaming will take. It feels like we've got months of fun with the Marvel madness released by Hasbro before we go to the customs world. But I very, very much appreciate the spirit of welcome expressed in your post. That is what is best about HeroScapers.com I my experience.
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Just a warning, avoid playing high point games against Thanos...he has a tendency to not die.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's good stuff, Rev; Cap & The 4th Mass are ALWAYS a blast to play, great for beginners and veterans alike! In the spirit of the awesome new Captain America flick, which I just saw today with my daughter, girlfriend and Dad [for his 65th Birthday], why don't you try Cap with Sgt. Drake & The Airborne Elite? Thematic WWII action, especially if your opponent plays Red Skull with some Marro squads.

I LOVE mixing Classic with ONE Super Hero per team... I just built a fun 665 point [our Standard for 1-on-1 matches] army using a custom [NM24 certified] Thor & The Heroscape Vikings. Another favorite is Iron Man & Omnicrons [which make great Stark Industries Battle Robots]. It's all about theme for me!

Last edited by Garada; July 25th, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

How about this, Rev. I have a triangular and 99.99% symmetrical map for 3-player games, and we just played a 2000+ point setup where one player took ALL of the Marvel figures, with the other two teaming up against him with (1/2 -200) of the points per side to make up for the fact that he's got 6 order markers fighting against his side. It was Epic.

The pinnacle moment was when The Hulk leaped 10 spaces to land on a single high spot in the center of a 7-hex tile which was surrounded by 6 figures, all of different ilks. Only 2 got away before the smash attack hit and killed the others.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:58 AM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Why Rev, I certainly hope that you're apologetic! This doesn't belong in the Official Marvel Rules and FAQ's section!

Old July 25th, 2011, 03:41 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Why Rev, I certainly hope that you're apologetic! This doesn't belong in the Official Marvel Rules and FAQ's section!

Well there is no Marvel Competitive Armies Discussion or Marvel Heroscape Strategy Articles sub-forums, so where else would you put this?

I recommend adding Spider-man or Venom to any army where you need a ranged hero, either as a first strike against heavy-hitters such as dragons or Q9, or as cleanup after you have taken out the opponent's ranged units.
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I suppose this could be in Marvel Discussion, but we're not all that OCD around here in the Marvel section. We're all about kicking back and having fun.
Speaking of, great post, Rev! Great to see you stopping by this neck of the woods.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Joking! Just joking!!

Old July 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM

I guess the statement "Live and learn" means if you're not learning then you're not living. <smile>

And I additionally apologize for placing my post in, possibly, the wrong place.
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks like it found the right audience. That's all the placement that matters to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's