Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old December 22nd, 2007, 06:11 PM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
Two months to catch up on (and more horrible car incidents)

Well, I'm on winter vacation after taking all my finals. More bad car stories involving my mom to tell. We start now:

10/13: Me and my mom were coming home from the Coyotes game (a game we should have won) and we came to a red light and were completely stopped when all of a sudden time seemed to slow down as stuff was flung from the back of our car to the front. We were rear-ended by a guy doing 30 MPH while we were stopped. Mom had to be taken out of the car on a bodyboard. I suffered a tug from my seatbelt on my shoulder and it caused my shoulder to tense up (I've had to go to a doctor a couple of times for them to try and loosen up the shoulder). We didn't get home until about 3 A.M. Our minivan was at the repairs for about three weeks to fix the right taillight which was totally shattered. We had a Jeep (which hardly fit my frame) during the repairs (although it did have Sirius radio on it)

When we got the car back we had to go to a doctor's appointment. While driving down the road our car struck a piece of metal and shredded a tire. We parked on the curb (then moved it into the nearby parking lot because people were honking at us). My dad had to come and replace the tire. This was the third accident with this car (recall I talked about the wreck my parents got into on thier 20th anniversary). My dad said that "if another thing happened to the van, he was selling it" (or words to that effect).

Things have turned better in December. While taking my senior pictures for graduation, the owner of the photography place, saw all of the hockey equipment that I had with me (my aunt and uncle gave them to me for the pictures) and he gave me two tickets on the ice for the game on the 27th against Minnesota (coincidentally, that was the team that the Coyotes were playing the night of the accident on 10/13). Tonight I'm going to the hockey game against Vancouver (which I heard was the late game on Hockey Night In Canada). Right now I'm in the semifinals of my first Fantasy Football league going up against the owner of the league I'm in (I'm one of two guys to have beat him this year).

So that's the mess I've been through since I was last here.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old December 22nd, 2007, 06:14 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Welcome Back NiteRaider *glass shatters*

I am happy to hear things are getting better for you and your family
Old December 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM

Thanks. I saw that my post count dropped like a brick after the Tavern closed (at least I still have the Hangout Tav ). Now I must rebuild, but I don't know how.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:07 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Hope things turn out better for you and your mother.

And it's more like *Car shatters*

6 x 9 = 42

Old December 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM

*Car Shatters*. Good one brickman.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General