Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old June 6th, 2012, 08:10 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Have any of you guys heard of this yet?

http://minionmaster.com/index.html

Seems somewhat interesting.
It also resembles a certain miniatures game I've played before, which I wish I could remember the name of. Do any of you guys know what game I'm thinking of?
I wonder what you could be thinking of...

The About page shows that they used heroscape tiles when they were originally creating the game.

From what I see on the site, it looks pretty sweet. I'll have to set aside $15 for the pre-order.

Ok, that makes SO much sense! I'd certainly be a lot more interested if there was a map creator function in there(i.e: Virtualscape).

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM

BitFlipDave Woo who?

Quote:
Ok, that makes SO much sense! I'd certainly be a lot more interested if there was a map creator function in there(i.e: Virtualscape).
Actually, there's a built in level editor and it's pretty awesome!

http://youtu.be/2d4o4FbH1H0 (skip to about 4:15 for the really cool stuff).

We're constantly updating the editor as well (it's the same tool we use to make maps for the game, so we like it to be easy and fast). We've already added a number of features and improvements since that video was made.

You can make maps quickly once you get the lay of the land. About 5,000 tiles in this map and you can nail out the basics in around 5 minutes. The more intricate parts (like the spiral tower) take a bit longer.

--Dave
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitFlipDave View Post
Quote:
Actually, there's a built in level editor and it's pretty awesome!

http://youtu.be/2d4o4FbH1H0 (skip to about 4:15 for the really cool stuff).

We're constantly updating the editor as well (it's the same tool we use to make maps for the game, so we like it to be easy and fast). We've already added a number of features and improvements since that video was made.

You can make maps quickly once you get the lay of the land. About 5,000 tiles in this map and you can nail out the basics in around 5 minutes. The more intricate parts (like the spiral tower) take a bit longer.

--Dave

Ok, NOW I'm a lot more intrigued than I was previously! *Adds Minion Master to game radar*

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They've added 3 games to the Humble Indie bundle, including Braid and Super Meat Boy....

If you don't have most of these games, you would be insane to not spend at least 8 bucks to get this. Literally insane.

http://www.humblebundle.com/?hib5-bonus

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM

MegaBunnySuicide Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
They've added 3 games to the Humble Indie bundle, including Braid and Super Meat Boy....

If you don't have most of these games, you would be insane to not spend at least 8 bucks to get this. Literally insane.

The other game is Lone Survivor. Just spent like 30 minutes playing it. And so far it is pretty awesome. Haven't tried Braid yet, and had Super Meat Boy already. But this is by far the best Humble Bundle so far.
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

So you think I should go do this?

~Aldin, thinking the kids might really enjoy some of that stuff

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:

Definitely. Braid is worth more than $8 by itself. The others look pretty cool also.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

There is easily $100 worth of entertainment there - pay what you want/afford but beat the minimum bid.

For kids, Psychonauts will be an absolute blast - if you have Steam, make sure to use the steam key to install it as it's much easier to set up. Also the default screen resolution is wrong for widescreens (though they are supported which is fantastic for an old game) but you can just go into options and change that.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

God damnit jschild. I just spent $26 at Olive Garden today, $9 on a Tiny Tim album yesterday, and now I just put down another $8. And the Steam Summer sale is coming up. ****, and I planned a trip with some friends to the used record shop tomorrow. My walllllllllettttttt.

For a brief second I was pondering not doing it, but I know if I let this amazing deal go I'd hate myself for the rest of my life. It would be almost as bad as that one time I only grabbed 6 out of the 12 vintage, pristine Nintendo Power issues I found at my library's used book store, only to hurry back there a day later to find that the rest of magazines were gone.

Quote:
Quote:

Super Meat boy is difficult and hard without a good D-Pad on a controller, and I haven't played Braid. Both should be child friendly content wise, though.

Limbo is one of my favorite games of all time. Not scary per se, but atmospheric and a little creepy, and rather violent actually.

I heard Amnesia is super scary, haven't tried it yet. Might not want to install that one for the kids.

Your children will love Psychonauts.

Heard Lone Survivor is a survival horror game, might not be a kid friendly game. Haven't tried it.

I haven't tried Bastion out, but it should be okay for children.

I have no clue on Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I played a very large portion of Skyim, so now onto which I like more: Fallout 3/New Vegas or Skyrim.

And I have to say that I still like the Fallout games more. While the scenery in Skyrim is amazing and there is so much to explore, after awhile you feel like you're exploring the same thing every time. Fallout is smaller, but I just fell in love with the apocalyptic setting right off the bat, and that seems to do it for me rather than a setting like Skyrim. Furthermore, the feel of teh game felt better in Fallout. Little things like caps are cash in that world, and the 50's setting, and the dark humor leaves a bigger impact on me than your typical fantasy realm.

Secondly, the weapons in Skyrim are...boring. Each has a little higher attack than the other up until the Daedric weapons. I found myself using the bow mostly and that's really fun. But it's a lot more fun to use a frickin' sniper rifle to blow the head off of a mutant. I mean all you get out of an arrow in Skyrim is 'zip...thunk'. Hooray?

Skyrim was still a great game, but I just think that the setting, feel, weapons, and enemies are far more interesting in Fallout. If they made a Fallout game that was the size of Skyrim I'd just die. My one complaint with Fallout New Vegas is that after you finish the main quest the game ends, and that disappoints me in any RPG.

So yeah, I'd rate Skyrim an 8/10, but Fallout gets a 9.5/10.
Old June 8th, 2012, 01:47 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Amnesia is the scariest game I've ever played. It's freaking awesome. Best played in a dark room with nobody around.
Old June 8th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Amnesia is the scariest game I've ever played. It's freaking awesome. Best played in a dark room with nobody around.
Hope you have your headphones on as well. Glad to see someone else getting into it. I can't stand when people macho up with "Oh, Amnesia didn't scare me at all. I'm such a man." Scary games are made to suck you in and scare your pants off. They're not a trial for how macho you are. I loved every second of Amnesia. I loved letting it terrify me. Such a well-done game. Really excited for the new one.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games