Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 7th, 2010, 01:52 PM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Charmander Discussion!

I would like to point out that because the community picked standardized effects for the markers, we have to get the burn status effect in order before Charmander can be approved. I have included a few options that I see would fit well. I also suggest we have a vote soon (not necessarily on my options) too see what the effect will be.

At the end of every round players must roll the d20 for each figure they control with a Burn Marker on it.

(Here are three possible die roll combinations)
First, (the option I made up and like the best)
1-5 The Burn Marker is removed
6-10 Nothing Happens
10-19 The figure receives one wound
20 The figure receives two wounds

Second, (the option that says the burn doesn't go away)
1-10 nothing happens
10-19 the figure receives one wound
20 the figure receives two wounds

Third, (the option that allows only for one wound to be inflicted)
1-5 remove the Burn Marker
6-10 nothing happens
11-20 Inflict one wound

Fourth(the current effect listed in Wulf's Ember and the one I like the least)
1-10 nothing happens
10-20 the figure receives one wound.

P.S. I still firmly believe that most fire attacks should have a chance of inflicting a burn, Ember and Flamethrower wound have like a 5% chance, while Will O' Wisp might have a 20% chance.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Fifth:
1-10 remove the Burn Marker
10-20 the figure receives one wound.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwindjackal View Post
I would like to point out that because the community picked standardized effects for the markers, we have to get the burn status effect in order before Charmander can be approved. I have included a few options that I see would fit well. I also suggest we have a vote soon (not necessarily on my options) too see what the effect will be.
I'm going to second the request for Wulf to call a vote on this. I think with Balantai's addition we'll have just about every reasonable burn effect in consideration.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

If a majority wants it, I won't fight status marker removal as a possible result, but I'd rather leave it as a healing function of a trainer, glyph, or Pokemon Special Ability. That seems more thematic to me.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
If a majority wants it, I won't fight status marker removal as a possible result, but I'd rather leave it as a healing function of a trainer, glyph, or Pokemon Special Ability. That seems more thematic to me.
Personally I think status effects should supercede eachother. It's how they work in the game and it would prevent ridiculous status effect stacking. I should have incorporated that into my proposed wording, but I'm at work and only have so much time to type when I'm not on a break.

Old May 7th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Coming Soon - Charmander!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Charmander
If this Pokemon inflicts one or more wounds, roll a 20-sided die.
I forgot to menion that I really like the idea of getting burn only AFTER a wound is inflicted. This gets around burn markers on squads, and it isn't an automatic takedown of the Deathwalkers.

This more applies to Poison Powder, but if a Deathwalker was immediately poisened it would have a round or two and then be out. Of course, we could say that Soulborgs cannot be poisoned.
Old May 7th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Charmander
If this Pokemon inflicts one or more wounds, roll a 20-sided die.
I forgot to menion that I really like the idea of getting burn only AFTER a wound is inflicted. This gets around burn markers on squads, and it isn't an automatic takedown of the Deathwalkers.

This more applies to Poison Powder, but if a Deathwalker was immediately poisened it would have a round or two and then be out. Of course, we could say that Soulborgs cannot be poisoned.
Would that mean that lava resistant figures are immune to Burn Markers? You might want to add a line about that.
Old May 7th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Proposed wording change:

EMBER SPECIAL ATTACK
Fire. Range 4. Attack 2.
If Charmander inflicts 1 or more wounds with his Ember Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or higher, place a Burn Marker on the defending figure's card and remove any other status marker from that card. At the beginning of each round, before placing order markers, each player must roll the 20-sided die in turn for each figure they control with a burn marker on it. If you roll 1-10, place 1 additional wound marker on that figure's Army Card. Fire type Pokemon cannot be burned.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot how we were going to handle same-types, so I added in the extra wording.
Old May 7th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Would that mean that lava resistant figures are immune to Burn Markers? You might want to add a line about that.
Can we not go down this road again, please?

Basically this discussion boils down to theme vs. use of text. Personally I don't think the theme outweighs the addition of "Do not place burn counters on figures with the Lava Resistant special power" on (potentially) every fire-type attack.

Yes it's a(n almost) cool little thematic thing but having that text on every card that can cause a burn is going to be more annoying that having to repeat the rules for burn markers on all the cards.

@ White Knight, I like that overall wording, except that I think we may need to use the fire symbol to indicate fire type pokemon (and that particular portion of the wording may need a little bit of a tweak, maybe "Do not place burn markers on figures with the ~fire symbol~ type" ? Also, "additional" is unnecesary in the second to last line).

I was hoping Wulf would wiegh in when he was here a few minutes ago because we really need his imput in getting the burn markers finalized.

Last edited by Xn F M; May 7th, 2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old May 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Can we not go down this road again, please?

Basically this discussion boils down to theme vs. use of text. Personally I don't think the theme outweighs the addition of "Do not place burn counters on figures with the Lava Resistant special power" on (potentially) every fire-type attack.

Yes it's a(n almost) cool little thematic thing but having that text on every card that can cause a burn is going to be more annoying that having to repeat the rules for burn markers on all the cards.
Sorry I missed this discussion. I guess you could always house rule it yourself.
Old May 7th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Personally I think status effects should supercede eachother. It's how they work in the game and it would prevent ridiculous status effect stacking. I should have incorporated that into my proposed wording, but I'm at work and only have so much time to type when I'm not on a break.
I agree that there should only be one status marker at a time. I was referring to the d20 roll having the possibility of auto-healing. I'm for keeping it simple.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 7th, 2010, 03:50 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A couple of observations. Charizard is a lizard pokemon, not a flame lizard pokemon. Will-o-wisp does not inflict damage, it only causes a burn, so I think that it should at least be a 6 or higher. I realize that a 100% chance would be a little too strong, although making it inflict damage after every round instead of every turn might balance it out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum