Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 14th, 2020, 01:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Magik - VOTE for Final Editing

Yea, Steppings Discs should be named 3 instead of 10 probably.
@SirGalahad @johnny139 @Karat for editing
Old June 14th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea
Old June 14th, 2020, 01:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is weird and seems only useful occasionally so I want to make sure what's in the SP is actually the intent.

Quote:
STEPPING DISCS 10
Instead of moving normally, you may place Magik on any empty space within 3 spaces of her current position. After moving her in this way, roll 10 combat dice. If X is 3 or less, place Magik on an empty space exactly X spaces away where X is the number of blanks rolled. If X is 4 or greater, your opponent may place Magik X spaces away where X is the number of blanks rolled. When Magik starts to Teleport, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
So you can either take her normal move of 5 or use here 3 space teleport and hope you roll3 or less blanks so you can get a total of 6 move? four or more the opponent moves you that many spaces? Are these reversed. Typically you want to roll high and rolling low has the negative consequences. The risk just doesn't seem worth it except in rare circumstances.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 14th, 2020, 01:33 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
This is weird and seems only useful occasionally so I want to make sure what's in the SP is actually the intent.

Quote:
STEPPING DISCS 10
Instead of moving normally, you may place Magik on any empty space within 3 spaces of her current position. After moving her in this way, roll 10 combat dice. If X is 3 or less, place Magik on an empty space exactly X spaces away where X is the number of blanks rolled. If X is 4 or greater, your opponent may place Magik X spaces away where X is the number of blanks rolled. When Magik starts to Teleport, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
So you can either take her normal move of 5 or use here 3 space teleport and hope you roll3 or less blanks so you can get a total of 6 move? four or more the opponent moves you that many spaces? Are these reversed. Typically you want to roll high and rolling low has the negative consequences. The risk just doesn't seem worth it except in rare circumstances.
Nope that is the intent. The theme is that she is inexperienced at using the teleport here. Still plenty of use as it is a free disengage. And you are overestimating how often you will roll 4+ blanks I think. Average is closer to 1.
Old June 14th, 2020, 01:33 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

It'd be basically unusable if you did it the other way around, since she's usually rolling fewer than 4 blanks.
Old June 14th, 2020, 01:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:

Quote:
STEPPING DISCS 10
Nope that is the intent. The theme is that she is inexperienced at using the teleport here. Still plenty of use as it is a free disengage. And you are overestimating how often you will roll 4+ blanks I think. Average is closer to 1.
Yeah I get that but how often is a move of 4 with a risk of backfire better than a move of 4. I get the theme and I get the idea and I get the disengage and I get height...I just don't get this. Especially when here one other thing is an adjacent attack. Just seems like a cool idea that won't be used.

But if the LD is fine with it I'm not pushing for a change just stating my opinion.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 14th, 2020, 01:44 PM
Tickle Pickle

Do you want to provide a vote for Final Editing here? I think the LD is happy with the current power set. Personally I like that it's not automatically better than her normal move and provides a tough choice.
Old June 14th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Just seems like a cool idea that won't be used.
Really depends on the map and who she's up against. I used it several times against the ninja, because getting around those guys is tough. (Would have used it again if she'd lasted a bit longer)

I didn't use it at all against the army with the small number of heavies. A few things contributed to that: Conflict Chernobyl not having much height, the enemy not choking the map in the same way, and Jean throwing Magik a couple times early on, so she just didn't need to move that much in general.

Like Tickle says, it's a choice. It's not always better than her normal move, but I don't think it needs to be in order to be relevant. I think she'd be a bit stacked for her points if it was a straight-up better than her normal move, pseudo-flying kinda thing.
Old June 14th, 2020, 02:21 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yea, Steppings Discs should be named 3 instead of 10 probably.
I changed it to 3 instead of 10.
Old June 14th, 2020, 02:24 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I dig the teleport power with a negative effect. I used it quite a bit to get distance and use spells when I could. The negative effect is rare, but when it happens it's kinda funny.
Old June 14th, 2020, 04:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yea

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 14th, 2020, 04:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Order-wise, I would go Soul Sword -> Stepping Discs 3 -> Magical Defense. That's how I interpret the power order, but reasonable people will disagree.

A few edits to Stepping Discs:

- Putting the placement and combat die rolling together.
- Specifying the number of blanks rolled that trigger each, just because it's a little clearer
- Not sure if the opponent places her up to or exactly X spaces away?
- Filled out "away" to "away from her original position," per Blink.
- Slightly changed the LEA language at the end.

Also some slight rewording to Soul Sword (cut an extra "figure" in the first sentence, changed the last sentence to focus on the figure defending).

STEPPING DISCS 3
Instead of moving normally, you may place Magik on any empty space within 3 spaces of her current position and roll 10 combat dice. If you roll 3 or fewer blanks, place Magik on an empty space exactly X spaces away from her original placement, where X is the number of blanks rolled. If you roll 4 or more blanks, choose an opponent. That opponent may place Magik (up to/exactly) X spaces away from her original placement, where X is the number of blanks rolled. Magik never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving with Stepping Discs.

SOUL SWORD
When attacking an adjacent figure with Magik's normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled, or two automatic skulls if the defending figure is an Angel, Demon, or Undead. Opponent’s figures cannot use the Magical Defense or Temporal Defense powers when defending against Magik's adjacent normal attack.

Old Wording:
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library