Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 19th, 2019, 09:58 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Everything looks great Hahma. You look like you've been busy. With all the new sets Ive picked up Ive only had time to really prime and assemble the models. I was also able to prime all my walking dead models. I did have a little time to make up some mods for my landspeeders I printed. I have wookiee pilots in them with duros gunners and wookiees with rocket launchers. They are all magnetized as well so they can sit up on the top of the speeder. They are pretty fun mods. Ill probably eventually pick up a legitimate speeder as well but will be able to play with these ones for now after they are finished painting.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 19th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome.
I really like those dungeon walls. Those could make for some great dungeon crawls for classic Heroscape.
Old June 19th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Everything looks great Hahma. You look like you've been busy. With all the new sets Ive picked up Ive only had time to really prime and assemble the models. I was also able to prime all my walking dead models. I did have a little time to make up some mods for my landspeeders I printed. I have wookiee pilots in them with duros gunners and wookiees with rocket launchers. They are all magnetized as well so they can sit up on the top of the speeder. They are pretty fun mods. Ill probably eventually pick up a legitimate speeder as well but will be able to play with these ones for now after they are finished painting.
Thanks Trex. The U-Boat stuff has been the bulk of my free time over the past several weeks, and I had to take 4 days off hobbying early in the month because my 27 year old daughter and her husband drove in from Albany, NY for a visit. It was a great visit. She's been working for the governor of NY for the past year and a half, and will fortunately be getting out of there at the end of this month.

Your speeder sounds cool with the Wookies and Duros. Would love to see that sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Awesome.
I really like those dungeon walls. Those could make for some great dungeon crawls for classic Heroscape.
Thanks T. I'm sure they would be cool for that. They cost a lot, so even though I don't Scape anymore, I will use them for as many games as I can Shipping alone for the walls and mat was $70, as it came from The Czech Republic and only offered FedEx. They came fast and safely, so that's half the battle.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; June 19th, 2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old June 19th, 2019, 03:53 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Holy crap, that is pricey.
You should have gotten TREX to 3D print those for you.
Old June 19th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Holy crap, that is pricey.
You should have gotten TREX to 3D print those for you.
Hah! Didn't think of that

Actually, these are really heavy solid cast resin. So their weight added to the shipping of course. And they will be hard to knock over. But if I had a 3D printer, I might have given it a try first

Old June 20th, 2019, 01:25 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I like the sniper Rodian sitting by the speeder engine cowls. That's a cool effect!
Old June 23rd, 2019, 10:26 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I like the sniper Rodian sitting by the speeder engine cowls. That's a cool effect!
I recently finished Twerky as I call her, I can't remember who she is officially or race.

They switched sides in the back.

Enemy behind us.

For a lower cost unit, just have the driver with his hood mounted weapon and he can carry a hero around with him.

Take the driver out and the speeder off the base and it makes for a nice terrain piece for cover.

Old June 23rd, 2019, 10:37 AM
Prickly Cactus

Last night, I did a layout for the first scenario for Rangers of Shadow Deep. It plays on a 3x3 area, so aside from the 2 table edges, the mat bag and the river are the other 2 boarders.

I didn't feel like buying or making houses for a village to go with this scenario, as those buildings are really only used in this and maybe one other scenario out of a lot of them. So since their are a ton of scenarios that make use of dungeon walls, I used some of my dungeon wall set to make buildings in this village. For roofs, I just cut some black foam core that I had already. Not the prettiest, but works well enough for me.

I gamed with my buddy Brian and his wife yesterday, playing 7th Continent and another game that I can't spell the name, as it's got some Aztec or Mayan name that starts with Tech something something. Had fun. Brian is going to be playing Rangers of Shadow Deep with me, so I gave him the rulebook and the Temple of Madness supplement for him to read up on and create his ranger, as that will save us time when we do get to play our first game. So that's what got me to get motivated to figure out how I want to set up the first scenario, as it calls for a few buildings in a village and scatter terrain, trees etc. The scenario is called The Missing.

Here's a barbarian mini that I finished yesterday morning. He can be hired as a companion for Rangers of Shadow Deep, and I can also use him for Frostgrave, Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago and DnD.

Old June 23rd, 2019, 10:59 AM

Nice. Very resourceful. I looked at the picture before reading the text. I did not notice the roofs at all. Very cool. The flat roofs are better if you want to be able to have figures on them.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 11:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Nice. Very resourceful. I looked at the picture before reading the text. I did not notice the roofs at all. Very cool. The flat roofs are better if you want to be able to have figures on them.
Thanks T! This was my plan when ordering these walls, for this and one other scenario that calls for one or more small buildings. There are many other scenarios that take place in either big 2.5x2.5 castle rooms and one with 3 1.5x1.5 rooms connected. So the walls will be of great for those intended purposes.

Old June 23rd, 2019, 12:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks good @Hahma . I never ended up picking up rangers of shadow deep yet. One day. I usually kick myself for buying new stuff and not getting it played. It makes up for it by being good hobby time painting or building it. Im not sure if Ill get that one or frostgrave 2.0 when it comes out. The barbarian looks pretty cool. All your paint jobs never disappoint. I imagine that when I pick up more models it will probably be for legion. I already have mountains of 28mm miniatures and among those are tons of them that can be used for frostgrave, ga, and when I eventually pick up rangers. There is enough minis for me to paint for ages.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 23rd, 2019, 12:53 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Looks good @Hahma . I never ended up picking up rangers of shadow deep yet. One day. I usually kick myself for buying new stuff and not getting it played. It makes up for it by being good hobby time painting or building it. Im not sure if Ill get that one or frostgrave 2.0 when it comes out. The barbarian looks pretty cool. All your paint jobs never disappoint. I imagine that when I pick up more models it will probably be for legion. I already have mountains of 28mm miniatures and among those are tons of them that can be used for frostgrave, ga, and when I eventually pick up rangers. There is enough minis for me to paint for ages.
I hear you Trex. I picked up Rangers because it can be played solo or co-op, so there really isn't a reason I shouldn't get this played. My buddy Brian, who I occasionally play Legion with and who is the DM in our DnD group, is very interested in Rangers. As our DnD day got cancelled yesterday because one of the guys wasn't paying attention to the date we set a month ago, bailed. So we are shooting for July 20th because another guy won't be free until then. So as Brian said yesterday when we played other games, we can play Rangers when we can, but also as a backup in case DnD gets cancelled. He'll like it too because he doesn't have to DM.

There is a solo scenario for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago in one of the Spellcaster magazines. Now that I have my dungeon walls, I will give that a go sometime. And regular Frostgrave is getting a solo and co-op rulebook in the fall, so that may help me get Frostgrave to the table more, since my buddy Chris has been too busy to play it for over a year. And if Brian digs Rangers, maybe I can get him to try Frostgrave in a co-op version.

Regardless, there is plenty of crossover terrain and minis that I can get good use out of them.

Still have to chip away at Legion, Fallout and fantasy stuff, as well as some terrain kits. Like you said, we have enough backlog to keep us painting for quite some time

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures