Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Hatamoto Taro

The Book of Hatamoto Taro
Crest of the Valkyrie - Einar's Flag Bearer

Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio: The standard of Einar shall never fall. Hatamoto Taro will never fail. Outnumbered ten to one, the samurai of Einar gather under the waving yellow banner, and at Taro¹s command, fight with such renewed might that their enemies falter and scatter at their feet.

Taro¹s sword has been passed down for five generations, his armor, seven generations. He will not dishonor his forefathers by proving himself unworthy of bearing these tools of war. In battle Taro shows unrelenting courage, and that makes him neigh unbeatable.
(Hasbro)

You should roll the normal number of defense dice plus any enhancements from auras, height, and glyphs. Instead of using regular defense dice, use Hatamoto Taro’s valkyrie dice. (dnutt99)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ADJACENT TOUGH 1 : Figures That Follow Einar
    When rolling defense, any adjacent unit that follows Einar may aid Hatamoto Taro through ADJACENT TOUGH 1 defense bonus.

- KATO KATSURO : Kato Katsuro's Command
    As a Samurai Hero, Hatamoto Taro may benefit from Kato Katsuro's KATO KATSURO'S COMMAND activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
    Having a Disciplined personality, Hatamoto Taro may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS
    *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Hatamoto Taro- With the release of the Tagawa Samurai Archers and Kaemon Awa in Wave 6, Ashigaru in Wave 7, and Kato Katsuro in Wave 8, Hatamoto Taro is still bad. Sometimes, the winning move is not to play him. F

OEAO: A+ (bookkeeper's note: this is a joke, in reference to Matthias Maccabeus' winning GenCon army in 2018 which included Hatamoto Taro. If you are using these power rankings to run an event, consider his ranking to be F.)

Cleon: Tier 1 (208/208)

dok (VC inclusive): F

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Hatamoto Taro
General Discussion and Analysis http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=3634
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 09:17 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Siran Dunmorgan has disabled reputation
Has anyone translated the text appearing on the flag?

I recognize "英" as the Kanji character for "Britain" or "British", but I don't know enough Kanji to figure out what the flag actually says.

—SD

Hic est qui sumus
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siran Dunmorgan

I recognize "英" as the Kanji character for "Britain" or "British", but I don't know enough Kanji to figure out what the flag actually says.

—SD
It says "Hero"

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...ght=kanji+hero
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Siran Dunmorgan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:

—SD
It says "Hero"

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...ght=kanji+hero
Ah. Okay. I see where I messed up; the Unified CKJ logogram directory I'm using has separate sections for Japanese and Chinese; I was looking at the Chinese section, where 英 means primarily "British", rather than the Japanese section, where it means "talented." It doesn't seem to be used in Korean.

Much thanks, Cavalier!

—SD

Hic est qui sumus
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM

Lynx7725 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Ah. Okay. I see where I messed up; the Unified CKJ logogram directory I'm using has separate sections for Japanese and Chinese; I was looking at the Chinese section, where 英 means primarily "British", rather than the Japanese section, where it means "talented." It doesn't seem to be used in Korean.
Doesn't matter whether you were using Chinese or Japanese in this case. The kanji character was taken from the Chinese character.

"英" is not often used on its own. You can consider it as the "Anglo-" prefix. However, in our context, in conjunction with "雄" character , the two characters has a different meaning from the sum of its parts and actually do mean "Hero".

Old May 8th, 2007, 02:18 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've used this guy to great affect in a couple of different situations. He's really fitting as a flagbearer in the right situation. Ideally, you get him set up before hand, on the high ground overlooking the battlefield, with a unit beside him. This gives him 3 Defense with an auto shield, which averages to be 6 defense total. Once he's secure (at 5 life, he's going to be there for a while), its time to send your Samurai charging in. The Izumi make a good first wave as they are quite fast and durable. The Kosuke fill in nicely behind them, and can charge ahead to inflict a lot of damage. If you can engage your enemy at this point, you're pretty hard to beat.

Really the best part about Hamatoro is that he's an absolute tank when used correctly. Put him at the entrance to a narrow passage with another troop and he gives you an absurd amount of time to move forces into position. Personally, I haven't had a chance to use him with Kaemon or the Samurai Archers yet, but I'm guessing he's an excellent figure to pair them with. Out front, he can take a lot of abuse while they attack approaching figures. The hard part is finding a situation where your opponent needs to take him out rather than avoid him. This is why narrow passages are so important, and key to getting the most out of Hamatoro.
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:44 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
He works pretty well with Kaemon or the Samurai Archers because they can stand right next to him and attack your opponent from range. By standing next to Hata, they give him a boost while receiving his boost. Synergy-tastic!

Izumis, Tagawas, and Kozukes all have to leave his adjacency in order to attack your opponent (unless your opponent is all up in Hata's face, in which case you have bigger problems to deal with) thus ruining the "auto-shield" specila power.
Old May 8th, 2007, 04:41 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I actually had great luck with Tagawa+Hamatoro once. I had the 4 of them on a high plain so that no one could attack them without height. At 6 Defense (or 3+Auto Shield) range was rather useless, and melee didn't stand a chance of getting through 6 Valkyrie Defense rolls. They were forced to try and bring some heavy hitters against Hamatoro, which brough units in range of the Tagawa. By the end of the encounter the Tagawa were Bloodlusted and rampaging all over the map unchecked. Definitely a sight to behold.
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
I actually had great luck with Tagawa+Hamatoro once. I had the 4 of them on a high plain so that no one could attack them without height. At 6 Defense (or 3+Auto Shield) range was rather useless, and melee didn't stand a chance of getting through 6 Valkyrie Defense rolls.
Err, that seems wrong. Adjacent Tough only ever gives 1 free Shield, not 3. Gotta read the description closely, as it says "at least one figure", not "for every one figure".

Old May 9th, 2007, 07:17 AM

Omnicron has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx7725
Quote:
I actually had great luck with Tagawa+Hamatoro once. I had the 4 of them on a high plain so that no one could attack them without height. At 6 Defense (or 3+Auto Shield) range was rather useless, and melee didn't stand a chance of getting through 6 Valkyrie Defense rolls.
Err, that seems wrong. Adjacent Tough only ever gives 1 free Shield, not 3. Gotta read the description closely, as it says "at least one figure", not "for every one figure".
He means the Tagawa were rolling 6 Valkyrie Dice. (5 + height)

I'm a complete newbie at HS, so if I make mistakes, DON'T HURT ME! ;.;
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx7725
Quote:
He means the Tagawa were rolling 6 Valkyrie Dice. (5 + height)
Ah ok. Go Tagawas!

Seriously, they're a pain when dug in that way. Would seriously need nukes to shift them off a ridge.

Old May 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Hatamoto Taro- Perhaps the Ashigaru will realize Hato’s value. For now, he just isn’t viable in any army. C-
Will you change your power ranking assessment for units when/if they become more viable in future releases?
Considering those Power Rankings are from Spider Poison I don't think MKS will be the one that changes them.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6171

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units