Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 22nd, 2016, 03:41 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker
Darius23__14's Custom Official-Style 3D Sculpts

Gosh I love the minis in Heroscape! From the very beginning I tried sculpting my own miniatures. At first by cutting up little plastic figurines and painting them, to then practicing with green stuff, and now finally, by using blender. I have finally realized my dream of sculpting my first Heroscape mini. And what better to start with than the long awaited Aquilla Flagbearer?

You can find the sculpt here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5162238

Character Bio: Amongst the dwarves of Feylund, Eodin Eagle-Eye was known for two things, his outlandish stories of adventure in the wild, and the tracking skills he used to survive it. When summoned to fight for Aquilla, it was his tracking skills that won him the respect of the Mohican braves, and his fantastical escapades that captivated the respect of the Dwarves. Seeing this, Aquilla knew he was the one who could bring unity to her armies and selected him as flagbearer.

My initial thoughts for Card design are:
Spoiler Alert!

If enough people are interested I can both print and paint these figures as well as Valkyrie dice to go with them, and if enough people with 3D printers are willing this could easily become a C3V/SoV possibility.

I have plans to sculpt a few more figures in the style of classic Heroscape to help fill some perceived holes in armies that suitable miniatures have not been found for, or just stuff I would love to see.

Sculpts I have plans for are:
  • Hounds of Nullondia (To help out Dund)
  • Kyrie of the Moon Tribe
  • Quahon (Updated in a style to match the other dragons)
  • A Female Troll, styled like Krug
  • A Steppe Giant (Giant for Einar)
  • A Female Cyborg
  • A Mounted Range 1 Marro Warlord

Any feedback on interest in the creation of sculpts specifically for Heroscape would be great!

Old Stuff:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by darius23__14; December 12th, 2021 at 04:18 AM. Reason: New Content
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:48 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Darius23__14's Customs

Having an infected hivelord without the infection marker is the better option. That would require less wording and its kinda pointless to have a marker for something that won't change for the entire game.

Maybe a full free turn after the hivelord is wounded but nothing after that. That gives it more of the "Burst" feel.

As a possible twist, make it so they can hop back on/in the hivelord if the hivelord moves through them, starts its turn next to them, maybe even the hivelord can call them back. Sort of a reload to offset the lag of the burst. This would encourage keeping them near the hivelord, while being more interesting than bonus attack.

Or course, I'm not sure how that would affect cost. They may be worth 50 with the above suggestions. I've never played unit that operating like these guys.
Old February 24th, 2016, 03:26 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for your response! I see what you're saying about simply selecting a figure. I don't want to limit it to just hivelords, or just one figure. I like the idea of being able to infect the hive as a huge unique hero giving it a boost as well and let's say in a larger game you want to infect TKN but not SBN would it still be simple enough to choose TKN without an identifier?

I initially wanted them to have a full turn immediately after bursting but that could interrupt an opponents turn which is just confusing. Placing and moving does not interrupt a turn, just changes what happens In the turn (like in instances of Scatter and Smoke Screen).

I hadn't thought of reabsorbing them, I was thinking with no defense if they were able to engage an attacking figure they would become higher priority drawing attention off their host but also dying and beING reborn rather quickly. But now your thoughts have my brain wheels a'turnin.
Old February 24th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These guys are a very unique unit. I like them being able to take turns without OMs which is good since their stats suck. I'm just not sure if it's worth wounding your own Marro in advance, but I'd have to see them in action to see for myself. Good job with these

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 25th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post
Thanks for your response! I see what you're saying about simply selecting a figure. I don't want to limit it to just hivelords, or just one figure. I like the idea of being able to infect the hive as a huge unique hero giving it a boost as well and let's say in a larger game you want to infect TKN but not SBN would it still be simple enough to choose TKN without an identifier?
I think I assumed you only wanted hivelords without actually paying attention. As to answer your question: the Greenscales do it, I don't see any reason your parasites can't.
Quote:
I initially wanted them to have a full turn immediately after bursting but that could interrupt an opponents turn which is just confusing. Placing and moving does not interrupt a turn, just changes what happens In the turn (like in instances of Scatter and Smoke Screen).
You could have it be a (much) higher roll, and then they parasites attack as autowounds.

Quote:
I hadn't thought of reabsorbing them, I was thinking with no defense if they were able to engage an attacking figure they would become higher priority drawing attention off their host but also dying and being reborn rather quickly. But now your thoughts have my brain wheels a'turnin.
Glad to be of inspiration!
Old January 8th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
And a quick question for you! It's kinda blurry, but is your profile pic a Tyranid ripper painted with a Marro Gnid color scheme? If so, that's awesome! If not, sorry for the dumb question
Yes it is, it is one of my first customs and the only one that I have actually posted to this site. http://http://www.heroscapers.com/co...ad.php?t=52735
Though I have not playtested them or adjusted them since I posted them.

It's technically a Marrden Nagrot, more similar to the Nagrubs, which are in my opinion some of the coolest looking common squad creatures. You can get a decent amount for relatively cheap if you are willing to paint and base them.
Those are really cool, love the parasitic spawn ability! I actually used to play Tyranids, so I still have some of these guys laying around. I might just paint them up like this
Old July 30th, 2017, 10:24 PM

Just added some new Elementals/elementars
Old July 31st, 2017, 05:16 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Both Pummel and Splintered Rebirth are very cool power ideas. Probably unreliable but very neat nonetheless--interested to see how they'd perform in playtesting. Great work on those

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 12th, 2021, 04:20 AM

Re: Darius23__14's Custom Official-Style 3D Sculpts

I just added my first 3D sculpted Heroscape Miniature to the first post. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5162238
Old December 12th, 2021, 01:16 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That flagbearer looks sweet!
Old December 12th, 2021, 05:23 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could the flagbearer have a mounted/ unmounted version a la Hrognak with this guy?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3939876
Old December 13th, 2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Could the flagbearer have a mounted/ unmounted version a la Hrognak with this guy?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3939876
Hey Knox, I saw your post in a few other threads about this guy and love the idea! I actually added the dwarven bear riders to my list of things to print because I thought a squad of bear riders would be sweet! You are welcome to make a custom mounted version, and maybe in the future I could sculpt my own bear mount for him because that'd be pretty sick. But I have a long list of other things I want to sculpt first. Thanks for the comment!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards