Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 17th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I saw Kingsman this weekend. I liked it, it was pretty entertaining. Just an old school fun spy movie set in the modern world.
Saw this with the wifey for Valentine's Day. Lots of fun. Old School James Bond meets Kickass.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 17th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Saw this with the wifey for Valentine's Day. Lots of fun. Old School James Bond meets Kickass.
Bummer. Two reasons my wife won't want to see it...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 27th, 2015, 09:58 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Watched a bunch of movies this past week while I was "snowed in"...

The Blob (1986)

28 Days Later

The Prestige

The Nolan Batman Trilogy

Old February 27th, 2015, 12:05 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Watched a bunch of movies this past week while I was "snowed in"...

The Blob (1986)

28 Days Later

The Prestige

The Nolan Batman Trilogy

No, The Thing (the original)? It's perfect for when you're snowed in, and then you start wondering whether you're really stuck with people who say they are (wait, did I say that?).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 27th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here's a weird recommendation for 80s teen comedy loving Netflix streamers like myself:

Ghost Graduation

Why weird? It's a Spanish language movie I never would have given a second thought to except I happened to be in the right mood at the right time and darned if it didn't blow my socks off. It gives homage to 80s teen comedy flicks, most obviously to The Breakfast Club. Lots of feel good nostalgia to be had, and genuinely funny to boot. None of the plot twists are particularly surprising, but the whole fabric of the piece is well-woven with a nice feel-good ending.

Potential kid warning (which, if you've re-watched Breakfast Club as an adult shouldn't be surprising) - this is a PG-13 flick with some minor nudity, dead people and some crude humor.

~Aldin, who has now watched three Spanish-language films he really liked (all the while thinking he doesn't like foreign language films)

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 27th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
No, The Thing (the original)? It's perfect for when you're snowed in, and then you start wondering whether you're really stuck with people who say they are (wait, did I say that?).
I think you're thinking of the John Carpenter remake in the 80s with Kurt Russell.

~Aldin, who saw the remake before the original and was pretty disappointed in the original as a result (note - there's a re-remake from a decade ago which I think was supposed to be the prequel to the 80s remake but which I have yet to see)

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 27th, 2015, 01:38 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
I think you're thinking of the John Carpenter remake in the 80s with Kurt Russell.

~Aldin, who saw the remake before the original and was pretty disappointed in the original as a result (note - there's a re-remake from a decade ago which I think was supposed to be the prequel to the 80s remake but which I have yet to see)
Yeah, sorry I meant John Carpenter's version. I was referring to it as the original so that it wouldn't be confused with the 2011 version. I completely was not thinking of The Thing from Another World (which is what you meant right?)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 27th, 2015, 01:41 PM

Was that re-remake as recent as that? Hunh. Yes, TTFAW was the movie that Carpenter's The Thing was a remake of.

~Aldin, ending a sentence with a preposition because he was unwilling to write it as the movie of which Carpenter's The Thing was a remake

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 27th, 2015, 01:41 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I watched Big Hero 6, which was great. I was a little apprehensive about watching a kids movie but it was fantastic and held my attention through the whole thing. It wasn't dumbed down or predictable like so much kids entertainment is. The characters were great and the story was uplifting. I want a Baymax.

I watched Birdman last night. I liked it a lot but I need to watch it again. There was a lot of symbolism and I think I would understand more of it with a second viewing. The surrealism was great and makes you really question what is going on in the movie. I see why it won so many awards.
Old February 27th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
(note - there's a re-remake from a decade ago which I think was supposed to be the prequel to the 80s remake but which I have yet to see)
The prequel wasn't all that bad. The last 30 seconds of the prequel are pretty much the first 30 seconds of the 80's remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I watched Big Hero 6, which was great. I was a little apprehensive about watching a kids movie
You play games. There's nothing wrong with watching a "kids" movie.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 27th, 2015, 06:06 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
I watched Big Hero 6, which was great. I was a little apprehensive about watching a kids movie
You play games. There's nothing wrong with watching a "kids" movie.
So many of them are boring and linear and that kind on mental non-activity is too tedious for me to sit through. Even as a kid I thought a lot of kids entertainment was insultingly dumbed down. Big Hero 6 was not and I enjoyed it.
Old February 27th, 2015, 07:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So many of them are boring and linear and that kind on mental non-activity is too tedious for me to sit through. Even as a kid I thought a lot of kids entertainment was insultingly dumbed down. Big Hero 6 was not and I enjoyed it.
Have you never watched an original Pixar film?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies