Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old November 24th, 2013, 03:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The G.I. Joe Project

I was thinking that perhaps since I play mostly C3G now, that I should gear their power level to line up more with them while still not trying to be officially linked to C3G. Black Widow is 170, Hawkeye is 150, Mocking Bird is 130, etc. Then I can have the Joes take on Zemo and some human mercs, face down Hyrda forces, or encounter the Hand ninja while S.H.E.I.L.D. can go after Cobra.
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a good plan.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would love to play a game of S.H.I.E.L.D. against Cobra or G.I.Joe ordered to take down the Red Skull and his terrorist group. I really like what you have done here.
I do think the Cobra heroes should go up just a smidge, while keeping them below the G.I.Joe heroes. Maybe shooting for main Cobra heroes to be between 90-140 points and G.I.Joe main heroes to be 110-170? Agent Carr and Agent Skahen are 100 and 120 points and Sgt. Drake Alexander is 110 and 170 points.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That seems reasonable.
Old November 24th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Cobra Commander
(Hooded Figure)

Human
UH
Commander
Fanatical
Medium 5

Life 6 (Level 2 Leader) +20 points
Move 6 (Quick to flee, minimal equipment slowing him down) +5 points
Range 4 (Pistol) +0 points
Attack 2 (Base Skill Firearms) +0 points
Defense 3 (Light Armor) +0 points

INSPIRED RUTHLESSNESS (+15 points)
Friendly figures adjacent to Cobra Commander may roll 1 additional attack die.

COMBAT LEADERSHIP (+15 points)
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of moving with this figure you may take a turn with any common squad you control.

COMMAND AND CONQUER (+20 points)
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking with this figure you may take a turn with any hero or squad you control. Figures already activated once this turn may not be activated again with this power.
Cobra Commander is rather a coward and really not that good of a leader, but he is a genius especially with finances. I would replace INSPIRED RUTHLESSNESS (and save it for Serpentor) with:

SAVE ME!
- Before Cobra Commander rolls defense dice against any attack you may choose a common figure adjacent to Cobra Commander that you control. The chosen figure must roll defense dice and take any damage instead of Cobra Commander.

And replace COMMAND AND CONQUER with:

CONSCRIPTION - Instead of taking a turn with Cobra Commander you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card. If you reveal an X Order Marker on this card, you may then place one full squad of your own previously destroyed Common Squad figures on spaces adjacent to Cobra Commander. There must enough empty spaces available around Cobra Commander to fit the entire squad and enough destroyed figures to fill the entire Squad.

I don't know if you were thinking of making a distinction between teams, in which case:
CONSCRIPTION - Instead of taking a turn with Cobra Commander you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card. If you reveal an X Order Marker on this card, you may then place one full squad of your own previously destroyed Common Squad figures that serve Cobra on spaces adjacent to Cobra Commander. There must enough empty spaces available around Cobra Commander to fit the entire squad and enough destroyed figures to fill the entire Squad.

My current reward points
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Some interesting ideas. Save Me would be pretty fitting for him as he acted like that a lot in the cartoon. He was not quite as cowardly in the comic books though and that is actually what I grew up on as we did not always have a TV. I'll give it some thought.

I see where you are going with Conscription but I don't think that is for me on this project. The IO in HoSS has that power and while endless waves of troops works great for a galaxy spanning Empire, I'm not sure it fits as well for a small terrorist organization.
Old November 24th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Ninja Playtester

This figure is pretty close to Sgt. Slaughter. It would need some patching and alteration to face however. If nothing else, the hat could be savaged

Do you intend to create vehicles for this GI Joe project? That would be sweet, but even more difficult.

My current reward points
Old November 24th, 2013, 11:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, that hat would work real well. Not sure about the rest of the body, that determination will have to wait until the figure is in hand. I think the body is mostly repairable with some green stuff, I'm more concerned about that head/mouth area. Might need to cut the hat off, then the head, then find a new head to put the hat on.

I was actually thinking the other day that I would keep an eye out for toy helicopters this Christmas season that might be an easy conversion into a Cobra Fang. A nice double based single seat helicopter uncommon hero. Would need to find a pilot type figure too though. I also have some biker minis for Buzzer, Torch, & Ripper. Other then that wasn't really thinking about any of the other vehicles due to size issues. Tanks & full sized aircraft would be too much I think.

Cobra had an ATV type vehicle I might be able to come up with something for. Zartan use to come with a little swamp speeder that might be doable. The Joes had a snow speeder type thing, don't remember the name. Then their was that weird pogo ball like vehicle Cobra Commander in Battle Suit Armor used a few times. Any other small 1 person vehicles you can think of that I'm forgetting?
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:52 PM
C3G Landlord

I do think that inspiration power would be better served on Supentor. He was made specifically to inspire the troops in battle. That and some kind of tactics power since he was made with the DNA of great military generals would be a great power set for him as a leader. Along with better attack & defense stats.

Your Save Me power does fit Cobra Commander well too. When paired with his other command and control powers it becomes a potent power set. Moving more troops adj. to him so they can take a bullet for him while he continue to order other units to attack. I'm going to update his post but first I think the power needs to be tweaked a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by Yodaking; December 20th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
C3G Landlord

How does this look:

SAVE ME!
Before Cobra Commander rolls defense dice against any normal ranged attack you may choose a friendly figure adjacent to Cobra Commander. The chosen figure must roll defense dice and take any damage instead of Cobra Commander.

Changed it so that it only works on normal ranged attacks, leaving grenades, flame throwers, and other special attacks still effective at taking him down as well as engaging him directly. Then let him use any friendly unit as a human shield, not just common figures. I seem to recall him cowering behind Destro/Baroness/etc. quite often too.
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice. Good call on those powers fret.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Cool stuff!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations