Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2017, 11:36 AM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart
Re: Islandscape is Here!

True, but if you look at the tournament description, you'll see we're doing partial points for squads.

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old July 22nd, 2017, 11:43 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm running a bit late, but I'll still get there!
Old July 22nd, 2017, 11:44 AM

We never start on time anyway. We'll hold a spot for you.

Old July 22nd, 2017, 12:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
We never start on time anyway. We'll hold a spot for you.
And now my car is giving me issues. Might not make it.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 12:28 PM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

Also running a bit late. Will be there a little after 1.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 12:29 PM

Well, we're not starting yet, regardless. Let us know.

Old July 22nd, 2017, 12:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

I'll be spending my day at the mechanic's instead... Sorry to miss it.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 12:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"I have to say that I really deserve this trophy!"
--Chas, Winner, Worst Luck Award, Islandscape XI, 2017

PS: Answer To Trivia Question: C3V's Heracles

The Mighty Hercules (TV Cartoon 1963-66)

Hercules, hero of song and story.
Hercules, winner of ancient glory.
Fighting for the right,
Fighting with his might,
With he strength of ten, ordinary men.

Hercules, people are safe when near him.
Hercules, only the evil fear him.
Softness in his eyes,
Iron in his thighs,
Virtue in his heart,
Fire in every part,
Of the mighty Hercules.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 09:14 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'm sorry, superfrog. I was really looking forward to meeting a fellow C3V member in person. Some other time, perhaps.

Thanks to everyone who could come for making it another great Islandscape. Special shout out to the newcomers and some returning faces: @OrcElfArmyOne , @houndsrule , @Man_At_Arms and @Jet .

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 23rd, 2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 09:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A Wonderful Day of Light Comradly Gaming!

This year proved such a fun days of gaming! Getting to reunite with old pals, meeting new faces, and Scaping with creative scenario armies made for an exciting series of five games. Warbanner did a great job as usual of running things smoothly, we had cake when it was actually someone's birthday that we didn't even know about beforehand, and even the prize table was more interesting than usual. Everyone there helped make it an enjoyable community experience. That being said...

Low Points In Gaming On the Scape Battlefield

Although I won my first legitimate trophy last year (Third Place), I've thought for years that I qualified for the Worst Luck Award. Now I've finally been given my due, bringing home this true measure of my playing ability. Although I had some stiff competition for my award, I clinched it in the final two games. Here are a few of my classic worst moments, before the trauma totally erases them from memory:

My Army: The Myth Masters
Heracles (Jandar, C3V) 200
Rachiem (Valkril, C3V) 140
Theracus (Ullar) 40
Warriors of Ashra (Ullar, 50 x2 = 100
Total: 480 Points

*In my First game, I was completely skunked by Dragon Ruler, one of our champion players, who quickly wiped my entire army from the board. He had a team which totally dominated mine through a gross mismatch before the first turn even began (four squads of Mezzodemon Warmongers, Raelin, and I don't recall what else) had unbelievable die luck, and got a great glyph while I grabbed a useless one. Due to his many carapace counters absorbing what hits I put on him, he only lost a single figure--a Mezzo.

To add insult to injury, this was on Hot Heights, a lava map where Heracles usually had an advantage, having won one of my few preEvent practice games against Kolakoski by throwing his Sir Gilbert and two Knights of Weston into the molten lava, and causing other mayhem on him that time. During our six practice games Heracles almost never rolled less than four skulls out of six dice; once rolling 8 of 8, possibly the best roll I've ever managed!

*During my Fourth game, Grisnakh's Deadeye Dan one shotted Heracles with a 20 on the D20 when the hero was charging him, only two hexes away, after failing two previous rolls against him at a father distance.

*During my Fifth game, Taeblewalker's Venoc Vipers Frenzied no less than six times! Gack, gack, gack, gack, gack, gack!

Nevertheless, a fine day of communal fun. I did win my Second game, and was reasonably competitive in my Third. I also killed two giant robots in one turn in different games, Deathwalker 8000 and Zetacron, with my Demigod Hero (see that famous old film Hercules Vs The Giant Robots (Japan, Nineteen Fifty-Eight). No, not really.

Six of us went out for dinner afterward at the local Panera Bread before two of us hit the LIRR train for home.

Last edited by chas; July 23rd, 2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 02:28 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'm sorry, superfrog. I was really looking forward to meeting a fellow C3V member in person. Some other time, perhaps.

Thanks to everyone who could come for making it another great Islandscape. Special shout out to the newcomers and some returning faces: @OrcElfArmyOne , @houndsrule , @Man_At_Arms and @Jet .
Thanks for the shout out! It was a great event and Chris and I had an awesome time. If only I could have gotten a few more wins. Oh well, hopefully the calendar lines up again next year. The drive back after is the tough part - thinking next year just make a weekend of it. Thanks to WarBanner for organizing and everyone that made this great event possible!
Old July 23rd, 2017, 05:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I had a great time and it was great to see the people who made a long drive to come.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events