Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 17th, 2010, 09:22 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Tutorial for Dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Should we have links to all the figures used for the C3G set on the first post here? I'd love this to be the one stop shopping for information on how to make your own C3G set)
If you could that would be awesome. I am really looking forward to the release and would like to have all the figures all in hand and ready to go on release day.
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrimson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Should we have links to all the figures used for the C3G set on the first post here? I'd love this to be the one stop shopping for information on how to make your own C3G set)
If you could that would be awesome. I am really looking forward to the release and would like to have all the figures all in hand and ready to go on release day.
I promise you mrcrimson, things are getting more organized around here, and they will continue to become more so.

What will end up happening is, every "unit" that we work on past the World's Finest set will have its own thread that will contain the design, playtest, finalizing, and then eventually the books of. Each thread will evolve over time. After one phase becomes complete, the thread then evolves into the next phase, until it fully develops into the Books of thread for that "unit".

Now once we have a collection of these, or more accurately, once a thread reaches that point of development, it will have a link show cased on a long list of other units. That list has not been created yet, but that is because we have not released anything yet. The cool thing is though, that with one click on the link of your choice, you will go the first post of that single thread that will have all of the information that you need for that "unit". Plus, the thread will be a complete historic record of the design, playtests, voting, etc.

Sorry for the chaos, but we really just jumped into to this project and we have been scrambling to try and organize ourselves ever since. So just hold on, things will get better.
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Thank you for that, I will use what I can to update the first post tonight.
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
All that effort Hahma, & the wife at you, but I can't give you any rep. but you can have this:

Cheers
Thanks A3n, I owe you some rep when I'm allowed to as well. Saturday was kind of nuts with a bunch of stuff, but it's all good with the wife now. Like I mentioned in the Wave, I woke up at 4am (after going to bed at 11 last night) and when I wake up I can't get back to sleep, sometimes making me crabby later . So after playing some Madden 2010, for a little bit, I figured I could either spend some hours playtesting or do a tutorial for re-basing. I went with the tutorial, figuring once we get WF released, other people might want to know how to re-base and continued playtesting for X-Men can wait a day or two. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I was finally able to +rep him again.
Thanks GreyOwl for the rep. You know you'll get some for all that work on the rulebook when I can again.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:13 AM

impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
These are the bases that I use. They are Elfball 30mm bases that I got from FRP Games and their Item Number is IMXSP-PB30. They are made by Impact Miniatures. I paid $2 for each pack of 15 bases. These bases fit into ladders well, though a little looser than official HS bases. Some of the other bases were found to be a little too snug without modification. One thing to know about ordering these bases from either FRP Games or directly from Impact Miniatures, is that your order might take from a few weeks to two months (in an extreme case) to get. So make sure you know that they won't likely be delivered in a week or two, unless things have changed for them.
Just wanted to post here my same comment I made over on the Perfect Bases thread.

Impact! is a one man operation in the USA. We strive to fill all orders within a week of them being made but it can get to 2 weeks if things have been very busy (especially during a new product release (or a major convention (like Origins or GenCon)).

So to avoid any frustration ... if anyone emails me after ordering the bases and lets me know they are a Heroscaper I'll make sure your order gets shipped out within a week from ordering so you won't have the excessive delay.

Tom Anders @ Impact! Miniatures
Old January 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Well Tom, I do appreciate the favoritism. Thanks for your business.
Old January 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM

@ Impact! Miniatures, do you have the 30mm size bases in blue? That is the best size, as HeroScape bases are 33mm, but I would rather them be blue.
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I've held off ordering these due to the concerns some people had earlier. But after seeing Tom's posts here, I won't hesitate much longer. Great PR, man!
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:01 PM

impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker impactminiatures knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
@ Impact! Miniatures, do you have the 30mm size bases in blue? That is the best size, as HeroScape bases are 33mm, but I would rather them be blue.
Sorry only black for all the bases. I'm pretty sure the plastic could easily be sprayed with aerosol blue paint if you wanted to make them blue. But being moulded in blue is not currently an option.

Tom @ Impact!
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:38 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I've held off ordering these due to the concerns some people had earlier. But after seeing Tom's posts here, I won't hesitate much longer. Great PR, man!
Yeah if I didn't already get my fill from FRP, I'd be ordering directly through Impact. It's good to see a business care enough about what is said of them on the internet.

Cheers
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Why blue?
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Why blue?
I would kinda like for the bases to look similar to the Marvel Scape bases, not only in size and shape, but also in color.
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wouldn't you want more of a slate gray, then?

Edit: I think the current black (comparing my Hawkgirl to my Captain America as I type this) looks a lot closer to what's on an official Marvelscape base than blue would.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy