Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker
Wave 9 musings

So, today I got my Wave 9 from HouseMouse (with some surprise card sleeves I forgot I ordered). I was very impressed at the figure quality, blackwashes, and no real problems. I had some comments though:

Okay so Tul-Bak-Ra's shoulder blades are really huge right? Wrong. Actually, his head is puny compared to his body. It makes him even wierder looking.

Atlaga is a freaking giant. He's at least a head taller than everyone else, and the dwarves only come up to his waist!

And for some reason, I got two cards for Brave Arrow. No extra figures, or double cards for the others. Only Brave Arrow. I'll probably keep it just in case.

Another thing I noticed:
The dwarves' positions seem to be moments during an attack. That sounds a little wired, but let me explain it. One of them, the one with his axe on the ground, is like before the attack. The next one shows the attacker with his axe held high, just before he brings it down for the attack. The third is the red bearded guy with his axe mid swing. The final guy is the follow through of the attack.

So, anyone else get Wave 9 yet? Any other comments?

Last edited by Pickledpie; June 30th, 2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wave 9 musings

2 cards? Really? thats pretty funny. Must've gotten stuck together or something. Doesn't matter though, that extra card is no big deal.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

I got two dumtef cards in one of my forest packs.

You're going to need a bigger table.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A lot of people get dual cards. I have two Taelord cards.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just got mine today from House Mouse. I did notice that the cards seem more flimsy than in previous sets, but I use the trading card sized cards anyway. The dwarf sculpts are AWESOME! I love Ironwill's shield. (It looks like a gorilla face). The wingspan on the protectors is huge. My Brave Arrow doesn't look sad. I got a better paint than Zombie hugger. My only complaint would be that the spear arm of the net Capuan Gladiators fell off while taking him out of the box, but a little super glue and 10 seconds later, his arm is stronger than ever. Great wave!!!
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
And for some reason, I got two cards for Brave Arrow. No extra figures, or double cards for the others. Only Brave Arrow. I'll probably keep it just in case.
For the Heroes of Elswin (Cyprien, Isamu, etc.) pack, I got a whole double set of the Vampires and Fiends (Marcu, Iskra, and Rechets) cards, and none of the ones that were supposed to come with the pack.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkerson View Post
I just got mine today from House Mouse. I did notice that the cards seem more flimsy than in previous sets, but I use the trading card sized cards anyway. The dwarf sculpts are AWESOME! I love Ironwill's shield. (It looks like a gorilla face). The wingspan on the protectors is huge. My Brave Arrow doesn't look sad. I got a better paint than Zombie hugger. My only complaint would be that the spear arm of the net Capuan Gladiators fell off while taking him out of the box, but a little super glue and 10 seconds later, his arm is stronger than ever. Great wave!!!

Zombie hugger? You mean Huggable Zombie, right?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
For the Heroes of Elswin (Cyprien, Isamu, etc.) pack, I got a whole double set of the Vampires and Fiends (Marcu, Iskra, and Rechets) cards, and none of the ones that were supposed to come with the pack.
Now that's wierd. Did you send it back?
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:47 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

WotC never sent me the correct cards, I had to print them out myself using some high quality scans AliasQTip sent me.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:31 PM

heroscapenoobs Woo who?

I thought the people that came in wave 9 were awesome, but there were no Vidar people. I thought that there would be since they are the second smallest army.

1. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
2. It matters not whether you win or lose; It matters whether I win or lose.
3. I smile because I have no idea what is going on.
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:33 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So, today I got my Wave 9 from HouseMouse (with some surprise card sleeves I forgot I ordered). I was very impressed at the figure quality, blackwashes, and no real problems. I had some comments though:

Okay so Tul-Bak-Ra's shoulder blades are really huge right? Wrong. Actually, his head is puny compared to his body. It makes him even wierder looking.

Atlaga is a freaking giant. He's at least a head taller than everyone else, and the dwarves only come up to his waste!

So, anyone else get Wave 9 yet? Any other comments?

WHAT!?!?!?! I HOPE you mean waist, mah friend!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:50 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

- Thin cards
- Dividers are ugly and painted badly
- Tul-Bak-Ra is ugly and painted badly
- "He's the one without the gun. Right."
- Repulsors are way cool
- A ninja with a.. mining pick? Okay.
- Nice to have non-bug Aquilla units
- Altaga/Protectors= awesome
- I want more Protectors
- The Mohicans are awesome
- GORILLASHIELD!!

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion