Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 28th, 2010, 10:51 PM

bigallovesheroscape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: 2010 Gencon Mixed Marvel Armies

probably thorgrim.
Old July 28th, 2010, 10:54 PM

bigallovesheroscape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

thanos spiderman kelda
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:35 PM

dragon master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

umm, bigallovesheroscape that's 600 not 500.
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM

dragon master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

But the first army you posted is completly genius. With romans bond to marcus, and between captain and marcus the romans are boosted to:
move 5
range 1
attack 5
defense 5 [counting ''shield wall'' for +2 defense]

And as an extra bonus there are 2 squads of romans. Absolute geniusness!!
Q9 here I come!!!!!!!!!
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:29 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

I had thought of a pod of Cap., Raelin, DW8K, Zatacron & Isamu. Raielin & Cap. can boost up everyone. Cap. is the heavy hitter. The borgs take care of different threats & have awesome range.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:52 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Personally, I'm a little baffled at the point total for this event. Why in the world would it be only 500pts, unless the event organizers were trying to discourage using Thanos and/or Hulk.
Event organizers = me

It is 500 pts because that is a fairly standard point total in Valhalla Scape.

Think of it as an experiment of sorts. It wasn't specifically designed to discourage any particular unit, but rather present a typical Valhalla scape environment, then allow Marvel figures.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 1st, 2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Does Marvel want to fit in or stant out?
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

500 works just fine for Thanos. The Thanos/ratsx2/Marro Warriors/Isamu or Thanos/ratsx3/Marcu or even Thanos/ratsx1/dividersx2 are all viable options.

If I don't take that afternoon off (my current plan), I will be somewhat tempted to use my favorite Ana Karithon army:

Ana Karithon
Raelin
Syvarris
Captain America

If you can get it set up in a diamond on relative high ground, it's pretty sweet.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:03 AM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Thanos /Rats is a good combo.

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:06 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
Thanos /Rats is a good combo.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:08 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
500 works just fine for Thanos. The Thanos/ratsx2/Marro Warriors/Isamu or Thanos/ratsx3/Marcu or even Thanos/ratsx1/dividersx2 are all viable options.

If I don't take that afternoon off (my current plan), I will be somewhat tempted to use my favorite Ana Karithon army:

Ana Karithon
Raelin
Syvarris
Captain America

If you can get it set up in a diamond on relative high ground, it's pretty sweet.

Sick. I would quit. That would be so freaking nasty to play against. Figure you have to shoot Raelin first with everything you got, and then Ana. Leave Captain for last and go for Syvarris. Anyway you try, the dice Gods better love you.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

Cyprien...end of those four. Touch Cap, and attack whoever else.

Nilfy
Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Personally, I'm a little baffled at the point total for this event. Why in the world would it be only 500pts, unless the event organizers were trying to discourage using Thanos and/or Hulk.
Event organizers = me

It is 500 pts because that is a fairly standard point total in Valhalla Scape.

Think of it as an experiment of sorts. It wasn't specifically designed to discourage any particular unit, but rather present a typical Valhalla scape environment, then allow Marvel figures.
Thank you for the clarification and I do want to sincerely apologize for my ungrateful words. I am very glad that there is still an event where Marvel is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion