Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:56 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

From the NM24 thread, I thought for my full answer it would fit better here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
This is it.
I'm still trying to find out the unique differences between NM24, C3G, and TNT. I'm sure there might even be more I'm missing. I think there is a Hl1 or something like that also. I'm thinking NM24 was a quick shotgun version of C3G. TNT was something similar but allowing more than one version of each card? I'm thinking I need someone to explain haha.

I wanted to spread the love and learn all I can about them but It seams some of the threads are not as active as in the past.
TNT (Tried aNd True) was the first. Now I am a bit sketchy on the exact details of this as I wasn't on the site when it was around -- I also think it began on the previous site (before Heroscapers.com). Anyway I believe it was a small group of people that picked a custom card that they thought was finished & would playtest it to ensure it was balanced. If it was & was also costed correctly then it would get the TNT stamp & be released in it's own TNT labelled thread.

NM24 (No More than 24 hours) was a process for vetting personal customs. Basically a card was nominated by the previous person to go through the process & then the community would offer suggestions on how to improve it either mechanically or grammatically and theoryscape the price. When the card has been updated enough to receive 3 thumbs up of approval from the community it was eligible to receive the NM24 logo.

C3G (Comics Customs Creators Guild) was the brainchild of IAmBatman, GreyOwl, Griffin, & MarkB. They were a big part of NM24 (& the Marvel community as a whole) & they saw that there were a lot of great customs being created individually but a lot of them didn't work well with other customs. So they decided to bring a core group of solid designers together & using elements from TNT, NM24 & a structure of their own & C3G was born. Balantai, Necroblade, Matt Helm, Gerada & Whitestuff rounded out the initial group with Hahma joining a little later, myself being recruited towards the end of the first release & Spidey'tilIdie being a fanboy offering theme tips all through & officially joining after the 2nd release.

C3G has evolved over time as it was initially done totally public & aimed at releasing full sets, so to speak, that included new optional rules, glyphs, maps & scenarios. Once the first set was released (DC MASTER SET: WORLD'S FINEST). After the first set was released C3G started to get a lot of attention & so were allowed to create a sub-section (C3G Project) within the Comic Hero Custom Creations section of the Marvel Legends Forum. In our sub-section we started working on the RISE OF THE MUTANTS master set however with noise of a lot of enthusiastic people now drowning the design process we started to do a lot of discussions by email, Google Wave, & skype trying to complete the master set. However we felt the pressure & wanted to get the units out to the eager fans as soon as we could so we decided to drop the Master Set concept & release RISE OF THE MUTANTS as a wave.

We felt a lot of pressure of the release & there was a lot of discussions around people not pulling their weight & creating more burden for others, so we knew we couldn't keep on the way we were. We were granted our own sanctum & Bats was made an Admin giving us control of our destiny again. We devised more equitable processes where we designed what we wanted to & we started releasing figures 1 at a time as they were finished.

Fans expressed that they prefered the wave releases so we started trying to group what we each had & release them together. We decided to work towards themed releases to make it more exciting & fans wanted something to tied them over between releases & thats how the SSEs were born (Super Secret Exclusives - although I believe we initially called them Special Secret Exclusives & somewhere the name was mixed up & Super stuck).

C3G has continued to grow & evolve over time to what it is today. We are about fun & don't take ourselves too seriously, poking fun at each other & sharing lots of laughs. Nowadays we put a bit of effort into maintaining that fun so that doing what we love doesn't become a chore & cause us stress (which has happened in the past).

We have released:
  • 295 units,
  • 15 Destructible objects,
  • 34 Glyphs,
  • 33 Maps,
  • 13 Scenarios (10 make up 2 campaigns), &
  • 9 Optional rule sets
& we currently have over 110 designs currently finished awaiting their allotted release time.

I am proud of our accomplishments.

Last edited by A3n; October 2nd, 2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Forgot about Matt Helm & Gerada :duh:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy