Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Closed Thread

Old February 15th, 2009, 12:26 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Re: Rules questions to Hasbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I think that they should add that rule - no AE can land adjacent to trees. That's great!!!

That is a new house rule - so shall it be written!!!
We created a house rule just for fun. If you want to place the figure next to a jungle space then you must roll a 20 sided die. If you roll a 20 you just hung yourself in a tree and die. If you roll 18-19 then your are caught in a tree and cannot place an order marker on them this round. They stay on the space you wanted to place them like they are hanging over that space. Only a Huge character can make adjacent attacks. All others must make a range attack. (Of course that may be against Protocol I, Article 42 of the Geneva Conventions as long as the figure was trying to surrender.)

Old March 26th, 2009, 11:08 PM

slhutchins21 is surprisingly tart

1. Can Drake from the SotM Grapple down 50 levels and fall the last 5? IN other words, can his grapple arm extend as far as it will go and while he's dangling above the grown release and fall the rest of the distance?

2. Since water and swamp water tiles are considered as a zero heigth tile, can a double spaced character have one foot on a zero heigth tile and the other on the space next to it which is technically the same level, but not a level surface?

3. You're playing with the Marro Hive and three sets of the Marro Drones. The Hive lets the Drones go first. All the Drones but one are out of the range of the Hive mind and you roll the D20 to see how many Drones you can move and attack with and you roll a 17 (or higher) which lets you move and attack with up to 9 Marro Drones you control. Do you get to move and attack with all of them, or just the one in range of the Hive mind?

4. You're playing with a team that has Thanos, Alastair MacDirk, and Eldgrim the Viking Champion.
a) Can Alastair AND Eldgrim each use their Overextend Attack within the same round or can the Overextend Attack only be used once per round regardless who's using it?
b) Thanos' Rejected by Death reads, "At the start of your turns after Thanos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die." Can you roll for Thanos, take a turn with Alastair, use an Overextend Attack and then roll for Thanos again? And depending on part a), could you do that again with Eldgrim?
c) Can Eldgrim intentionally use his Overextend Attack to kill himself?

5. If a double spaced character flew over heavy snow and its leading foot were to land on grass, but its trailing foot lands on the heavy snow, what happens? Must it stop shorter and have its last two moves land in the snow or can it only worry about the leading foot?

6. Do the Roman Archers need to be adjacent to one another and all of them at the same time, meaning only in the shape of a triangle so that they are all adjacent, or can they be lined up where one is at least adjacent to one other Roman Archer?

7. Swog Rider is a common Hero. Does that mean I could have five Swog riders on my team and attack with the Arrow Gruts with 6?

8. Do both of Nerak's feet need to be on snow to get Snow Strength or can just one foot be on snow to get Snow Strength?
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:29 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhutchins21 View Post
1. Can Drake from the SotM Grapple down 50 levels and fall the last 5? IN other words, can his grapple arm extend as far as it will go and while he's dangling above the grown release and fall the rest of the distance?

2. Since water and swamp water tiles are considered as a zero heigth tile, can a double spaced character have one foot on a zero heigth tile and the other on the space next to it which is technically the same level, but not a level surface?

3. You're playing with the Marro Hive and three sets of the Marro Drones. The Hive lets the Drones go first. All the Drones but one are out of the range of the Hive mind and you roll the D20 to see how many Drones you can move and attack with and you roll a 17 (or higher) which lets you move and attack with up to 9 Marro Drones you control. Do you get to move and attack with all of them, or just the one in range of the Hive mind?

4. You're playing with a team that has Thanos, Alastair MacDirk, and Eldgrim the Viking Champion.
a) Can Alastair AND Eldgrim each use their Overextend Attack within the same round or can the Overextend Attack only be used once per round regardless who's using it?
b) Thanos' Rejected by Death reads, "At the start of your turns after Thanos has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die." Can you roll for Thanos, take a turn with Alastair, use an Overextend Attack and then roll for Thanos again? And depending on part a), could you do that again with Eldgrim?
c) Can Eldgrim intentionally use his Overextend Attack to kill himself?

5. If a double spaced character flew over heavy snow and its leading foot were to land on grass, but its trailing foot lands on the heavy snow, what happens? Must it stop shorter and have its last two moves land in the snow or can it only worry about the leading foot?

6. Do the Roman Archers need to be adjacent to one another and all of them at the same time, meaning only in the shape of a triangle so that they are all adjacent, or can they be lined up where one is at least adjacent to one other Roman Archer?

7. Swog Rider is a common Hero. Does that mean I could have five Swog riders on my team and attack with the Arrow Gruts with 6?

8. Do both of Nerak's feet need to be on snow to get Snow Strength or can just one foot be on snow to get Snow Strength?
Let me try to answer some questions that I am confident that I got them right:

2. A double-base figure can have one end on a tile level 1 and the other end on a water tile that is stacked on a level 1 tile. So the answer is YES.
3. I believe that you can only move the one within the Hive's range.
4. Overextend Attack can be used once per round for each figure I believe. That means you can use it on Alastair, then on Eldgrim.
4b. You roll for Thanos, then use Eldgrim, then Overextend him and will NOT be able to roll for Thanos again within that turn.
4c. I'd say YES!
5. I believe for movement, a double-based figure only needs to worry about the leading end. In your example, when the leading end moves onto snow, you count twice, then when it moves to grass and the tailing end moves onto snow, you count once.
6. I believe that they only need to be on the same level and does not have to be in the triangle form.
7. YES.
8. I believe both ends of Nerak need to be on snow.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Last edited by LongHeroscaper; March 26th, 2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site.

1. Thematically, yes. Game-mechanically, no.

2. Yep.

3. Just the one in range, unfortunately. All figures taking a turn must be within range: even if those figures are 'bonus' from another ability, their turn is still originating at the Hive.

4. a) They can each use it. The restriction means for the figure/card the ability is printed on, not all instances of that ability name.
b) Yep, any extra turns (Frenzy, etc.) generate an extra RBD roll.
c) Yes. Note that he dies immediately upon receiving the last wound, and won't get to take that extra turn (and thus no RBD roll in this case).

5. Only worry about the leading space. The trailing space just...trails along. (Also note that I think the 'landing in heavy snow costs an extra move' rule is stupid and I'm not alone.)

6. Triangle or line, as long as each one is adjacent to at least one other one.

7. Yes, if you can manage an AG surrounded by 5 Swogs, their bonuses do stack.

8. Just one. Same with the Dumutef's Road Strength. However, remember that to get the +3 move bonus from a road, both 'feet' have to start on the road as well as end on it.

@LHS: Your #4 should say ROUND not TURN. Your 4b and 8 are incorrect. And the Roman Archers, sadly, have to be adjacent AND same level. (The Ashigaru Yari version of this special attack should have been used for the RA and ZoM. I'd like to see some errata on that.) Good effort, though!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; March 26th, 2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:40 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
@LHS: Your #4 should say ROUND not TURN. Your 4b and 8 are incorrect. And the Roman Archers, sadly, have to be adjacent AND same level. (The Ashigaru Yari version of this special attack should have been used for the RA and ZoM. I'd like to see some errata on that.) Good effort, though!
Yeah, after rechecking the fact, I was able to correct my answer before your post , but I still miss question 8. All right, I am gonna go back to my corner now!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM

Wow. Thanks for the quick responds. I'm pretty set for awhile now.
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Necroblade steers you right, LongHeroscaper did not ace your test. Good questions, but read FAQ 8.4, which you can download from this site!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old March 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Um, FAQ 8.4? Where can I find that? I've read the Advance questions about a half a dozen times or so, but still continue to miss something I need to know.
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

HeroScape FAQ 8.4

Old March 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

! I want to see that map!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
5. Only worry about the leading space. The trailing space just...trails along. (Also note that I think the 'landing in heavy snow costs an extra move' rule is stupid and I'm not alone.)
I was trying to get the wording correct on this rule for the books, I actually did not question this at all, but then I read the Thaelenk Tundra instructions, and it says:
Quote:
Double-space figures also only count the landing as 2 spaces, whether tha landing is on one Slippery Ice space or two.
That seems to indicate this answer is incorrect. Is there anyone who can share some insight in this?

EDIT: I just realized what thread this is, and that this does not belong in here at all, so I started a new thread to ask this. Apologies!

Last edited by RobertDD; April 2nd, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's