Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 31st, 2022, 09:12 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Professor X (Illuminati) (Vote 4 Public Test

This passes.

Option 1 seems like the favorite then.
Old September 7th, 2022, 04:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Professor X (Illuminati) (Public Test)

So he's at 190 now?
Old September 7th, 2022, 05:26 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yeah, following Initials I felt he was in the 180-200 range. Wanted to see how 190 feels, to give the faction a little more options point wise.

Thanks for signing up!
Old September 18th, 2022, 03:51 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Professor X (Visionary)
Version Tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy’s Greenhouse
Units:
Professor X (190), Cyclops (II) (240), Angel (90), Psylocke (250), Nightcrawler (AoA) (230) (1000)
Luke Cage (190), Ronin (180), Daredevil (200), Two-Gun Kid (140), Wolverine (280), Skrull Infiltrator (10)
Results:
Big win for the X-Men. Angel and Professor X make a very tough-to-crack pod that keeps Cyclops safe. 

R5T3 is where I realized I had misplayed Nightcrawler starting from R4T2 by targeting the same figure for multiple teleports, so, likely the Fighters would have evened things up a bit more, but that’s not a Professor X thing, and the X-Men basically had the game locked by that point anyway.
The Fighters lack range in general, but Prof X forced Two-Gun Kid and Ronin to engage.
Mental Blast was devastating against Luke Cage, who thought better to retreat after the initial two wounds from Mental Blast in R1T3. Its a bad map for Luke as well, due to being long, and not easy to cross without the single-file bridges on the side, which the X-Men took hold of quickly.
Didn’t have to use Massage the Truth because Cyclops already boosts initiative and I had the advantage through the duration of the match.
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Professor X (190), Black Panther (210), Beast (200), Rick Jones (80), Doctor Strange (320) (1000)
Upside-Down Man (705), Tarot: The Fool, Flesh to Stone, Hypnotize, Mesmerize, Final Ruin Mystic Flames x5, Lightning Bolts x4, Hellfire: Fireball x3, Healing Energy x3, Hellfire: Fireline x1
Results:
This was extremely quick, with the Illuminati destroying Upside-Down Man from start to finish in round 2.
Massage the truth gave the initiative I needed, despite Upside-Down Man’s 20+ initiative, and luck went all my way after that. Strange landed 6 skulls vs 1 shield, Rick Jones miraculously clung on for two turns in Round 2, which helped Strange and Beast land the wounds I needed before Prof X finished the job with Mental Blast R2T3.
Telepathic Cloak was bypassed by some of UDM's spells, but he still had to get fairly close to use them.
Out of habit, I had my OM3 on Strange for Round 1, so losing initiative meant no Mental Blast. I adjusted Round 2 by putting OM3 on Xavier.
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Extremely draftable, should go up some points with some balancing measures to make him less oppressive.
I would consider making Telepathic Cloak require an unrevealed OM on the card, so if you win initiative, and there is no X on the card, that means your opponent can target you on their Turn 3 once you reveal OM3. Also means you don’t get to use the X to boost Cyclops (II)’s initiative on top of using it for Telepathic Cloak.

I would also cut down the range on Mental Blast so that a character like Luke Cage isn’t charging to his death in order to reach Xavier. I might go so crazy as to reduce it down as far as Range 4. If the range goes down that far, I don’t think his points would need to go up that dramatically. Strange's Teleportation or a Reed invention can help him with his lack of mobility.

Alternatively, he can keep the Range 10ish, but substitute X unblockable attack dice for X D20 rolls, requiring a 14 or higher.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Nails the theme, and will benefit the Illuminati by forcing engagements and providing reliable autowounds. He does pose some risk by encouraging tight pods against opponents with AoE attacks that don’t require clear sight, but that is niche. Really shined in Cyclops (II)’s army, and I’m sure will do great with Chuckernaut.

SHIFTREX’S THOUGHTS:
In his most competitive builds I think this unit is too overpowering. Taking away all ranged interaction with himself and all adjacent friendlies is a huge impact in how you play the game. You have an 'invisible' pod that can still take ranged actions. In the build with Scott, Xavier can just throw unblockables at the end of the round with very little commitment. I would expect that he needs to cost more, the themes are correct and I completely buy Xavier being able to do something like this. I think he is a bit polarizing at this point total, he brings a lot to the table and is a great figure. Xavier slots into some strong builds and makes them considerably stronger.

Last edited by toyhandle; September 18th, 2022 at 04:31 AM.
Old September 18th, 2022, 01:48 PM

Sweet, thanks for testing!

I'm a little skeptical of Prof. X being the leading factor of those wins fwiw.

In Game 1, Cage's team obv. were gonna struggle on that map as you mentioned, and I just don't think that's one of the better assortments of Fighters there for that point value. I saw it mentioned that Cage started retreating as well once he got Mind Blasted for 2 wounds, which I can't say retreating makes much sense against the Illuminati, or against what Prof. X is doing, as if anything you should bull rush them ASAP. This is because his power builds as the round goes on, with a decent coverage, so running away your key bonding piece isn't going to help anything. Those wounds are also not guaranteed, and on average, at best, are 1.5 a round?

In Game 2, I just struggle to see how Upside Down Man is worth his cost at his lower survivability, and I said as much before, so I'm not too surprised at that outcome against a pretty viable team? Especially when it's mentioned there was some hot dice on the Illuminati side to a degree. Really would like to see him in action sometime just to get a feel for what he's capable of.

That analysis aside from the write-up. I'm totally cool with reigning him in a hair just based on your guys' instincts and suggestions!

Quote:
TELEPATHIC CLOAK
If you win initiative and there is an Order Marker on this card, Professor X and adjacent friendly Unique Heroes cannot be targeted by non-adjacent enemy figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight, unless that enemy figure is an Android, Construct, Telepath, or has the Mental Shield special power.

MASSAGE THE TRUTH
Once per game, if you lose initiative, you may instead win initiative.

MIND BLAST 14
Once per round, instead of attacking with Professor X, you may roll the 20-sided die X times. For each roll of 14 or higher, Professor X may inflict a wound on a figure within 10 spaces, that is not an Android, Construct, destructible object, nor has the Mental Shield special power. X equals the number on the Order Marker you revealed this player turn.

MENTAL SHIELD
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Professor X.
The initiative requirement on the Cloak should keep him leaning towards Illuminati/Cyclop builds, which is a good thing, while letting his Massage the Truth help him out beyond that as a once per game safety net.

Switching to a d20 roll on Mind Blast lowers the odds by 15% on each roll, so that should also help that feel a little less dooming.
Old September 18th, 2022, 01:57 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I dig those changes and I'll play my last game with them if that's okay!
Old September 18th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Yep, sounds good!
Old September 19th, 2022, 08:12 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Professor X

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,060): Professor X (190), Avengers Thor (440), New Avengers Captain America (220), Avengers Black Panther (210)
Team 2 (1,060): IJL Gorilla Grodd (285), IJL Deathstroke (285), Ultra-Humanite (255), Giganta (235)

Pre-game thoughts: Non-Illuminati Avengers feels like a bit of a weird build for Xavier, but I think this has potential. Cap can move Xavier around, making use of his Telepathic Cloak, while Thor keeps everyone protected.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Special power usages:
Normal attack: 2 wounds inflicted (2 on Ultra-Humanite)
Telepathic Cloak: Hid Xavier, Panther, and Cap for most of the game, preventing attacks/powers
Massage The Truth: Used in R3
Mind Blast: 4 wounds inflicted (1 on Gorilla Grodd, 1 wound on Deathstroke, 2 on Thor (controlled by UH))

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Gorilla Grodd (3/6 wounds), Giganta (3/5 wounds)

Post-game thoughts: Cap going down so fast was definitely a blow to Team 1 - I’ve seen that dude survive a ton of death blows. Thor taking 4 wounds in a single turn felt equally unlucky. Overall though, it felt like a fairly even match. Xavier felt like he did all of his things, and he did them well.

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Professor X (190), Avengers Doctor Strange (320), Avengers Spider-Woman (250), Captain America (240)
Team 2 (1,000): Cybermen x3 (360), Android 18 (270), 1st Doctor (90), TARDIS (200), Cyber-Conversion Unit (80)

Pre-game thoughts: Trying the new tweaks. I feel like Team 2 is a little weak, but they should hopefully put up at least a decent fight.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Special power usages:
Normal attack: 0 wounds inflicted
Telepathic Cloak: Protected most of the team from ranged attacks, forcing enemies to leave height to attack
Massage The Truth: Used in R3
Mind Blast: 3 wounds inflicted (2 on Android 18, 1 on Cybermen)

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Cybermen (3 figures), The Doctor (0/6 wounds) Tardis (0/13 wounds), Cyber-Conversion Unit (0/3 wounds)

Post-game thoughts: Not as big of a loss as the results make it seem since DOs were involved, but still surprised the Cyborgs won this one. Xavier was useful, but no incredibly so - his Mind Blast especially is naturally weak to squaddies.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I buy him at 190 - I don’t think he’ll be the most competitive piece in the Illuminati/X-Men factions, but that seems fine.
One suggestion I might make for Mind Blast, just to boost him back up a bit:
Quote:
MIND BLAST 14
Once per round, Instead of attacking with Professor X, you may roll the 20-sided die X times. For each roll of 14 or higher, Professor X may inflict a wound on a figure within 10 spaces, that is not an Android, Construct, destructible object, nor has the Mental Shield special power. X equals the number on the Order Marker you revealed this player turn.
That makes him a bit of a long range nuisance, meaning I might feel the need to come after him a little earlier if I'm the opponent. Could drop him down to R1A3 then as well if you felt like it.
Old September 19th, 2022, 08:25 PM

Thanks!

Looks like you didn't have quite the domination with him pre-changes like toy/shift experienced, which your experience lines up more with mine, so that's a bit re-assuring to see at least.

You're probably right on the lack of need for "Once per round" with it being harder to hit now. Though, that could still get fairly nasty when boosted by someone like Destiny and Sage? Granted, an army like that would take a lot to put together leaving little points for any sort of defense/protection to make it last.
Old September 19th, 2022, 08:37 PM
Just A Head

One thing I did want to try was a Magneto (AoA) build, since you can position Xavier next to Erik and have Erik Reactive Toss everyone out of adjacency. That was before the initiative change on Professor X, but it still seems like it has the potential to be nasty if you add in Jean Grey and Destiny or something like that.
Old September 19th, 2022, 08:45 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
One thing I did want to try was a Magneto (AoA) build, since you can position Xavier next to Erik and have Erik Reactive Toss everyone out of adjacency. That was before the initiative change on Professor X, but it still seems like it has the potential to be nasty if you add in Jean Grey and Destiny or something like that.
I'll try something like that in my tests
Old September 20th, 2022, 06:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I'll try something like that in my tests
If either Utopian or AoA Cyclops fits in that build, they might be worth trying as both help with initiative.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library