Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 18th, 2013, 05:58 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Generally if you mean to be sarcastic or to make a joke you put . But in my opinion it doesn't really matter it just helps.
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
El_T, who almost never actually reads the rulebook
The very first rule in any rulebook should be, "You are not allowed to ask or answer questions about the rules in this rulebook unless you have completely read this rulebook."
I meant that as a joke, I read the rulebooks, I just don't spend hours poring over them looking for every technicality. I probably read the line where it says you cannot move the hive, but at the time I figured it just referred to the fact that its move was zero.

Gimme a break guys, I just thought it would be funny.
I know you did. Mine was also meant to be funny.

Not knowing/remembering the additional Hive rules is perfectly understandable since they are not on the Hive's Army Card.

If someone tried to Phantom Walk through my Hive, considering my terrible memory, I would probably let them because I would have forgotten about that special rule that is not on the card.
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Since we're on the subject of the hive--as I recall, the FAQ mentions that the standard rule is that if the hive is used as a terrain-feature/LOS-blocker, you can destroy it as normal, and if you destroy do, you remove the top portion and leave the swamp water.

Do tournament directors typically allow this sort of thing (not that there are all that many circumstances where someone might want to do this)? Anybody heard of this?

Xorlof (who unfortunately has to run and doesn't have time to check that my FAQ recollection is correct. Apologies in advance if it's not).
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
El_T, who almost never actually reads the rulebook
The very first rule in any rulebook should be, "You are not allowed to ask or answer questions about the rules in this rulebook unless you have completely read this rulebook."
I meant that as a joke, I read the rulebooks, I just don't spend hours poring over them looking for every technicality. I probably read the line where it says you cannot move the hive, but at the time I figured it just referred to the fact that its move was zero.

Gimme a break guys, I just thought it would be funny.
I know you did. Mine was also meant to be funny.

Not knowing/remembering the additional Hive rules is perfectly understandable since they are not on the Hive's Army Card.

If someone tried to Phantom Walk through my Hive, considering my terrible memory, I would probably let them because I would have forgotten about that special rule that is not on the card.
Ah, my bad. Sorry, I just feel like I've been talked down at recently for being new to the site and stuff.
All's good in the hood
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Since we're on the subject of the hive--as I recall, the FAQ mentions that the standard rule is that if the hive is used as a terrain-feature/LOS-blocker, you can destroy it as normal, and if you destroy do, you remove the top portion and leave the swamp water.

Do tournament directors typically allow this sort of thing (not that there are all that many circumstances where someone might want to do this)? Anybody heard of this?

Xorlof (who unfortunately has to run and doesn't have time to check that my FAQ recollection is correct. Apologies in advance if it's not).
*Happily checks FAQ for Xorlof*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ, page 8
What was: If the Marro Hive is destroyed, it becomes a terrain obstacle and is not removed from the battlefield.
Is now: If the Marro Hive was placed on the battlefield by a player as part of his Army, when it is destroyed remove the hive and the 6-hex swamp water tile base. If the Marro Hive was placed on the battlefield as directed by a scenario, when it is destroyed remove the Hive and leave the 6-hex swamp water tile base on the battlefield.
So yes, you are correct. I can't say that I've ever played a game where a player used up turns to destroy the Hive when it was not in anyone's army.

Edit: But I see it says "in a scenario", not as part of the battlefield originally. I don't think you can attack it if it is part of the battlefield. Does more checking...

Last edited by GaryLASQ; June 18th, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death!

The Hive is not a DO on maps.
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
The Hive is not a DO on maps.
Right, it is not a Destructible Object. So if it's in the battlefield's build, and the scenario does not have any special instructions for it, then you can't attack it.

I was taking a look at the battlefields and scenarios in the SotM rulebook that have the Hive in the battlefield's build. It's interesting that the "Siren's Call" scenario even bothers to mention that you can not attack it, since the scenario doesn't involve using its Army Card. I guess they just wanted to be crystal clear.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; June 18th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

Can I create an army with intentionally dropped squad figures?

Lets say I was playing a 'pick two' style game where each person brings two armies. Could one of my armies dictate that it contain 3 (and only 3) of the 4 marro warriors?

Last edited by kevindola; June 18th, 2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:30 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

No. If the build exceeds hex or figure limits, the player actually fielding the army gets to decide which figure(s) to sit. You have to bring all 4 MWs.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; June 18th, 2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Meh! what do I know? I thought rtw was a good idea
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death!

RTW was a great idea at the time, R˙chean! Definitely improved the metagame.

It's just now we found something else that may work better.
Old June 18th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
No. If the build exceeds hex or figure limits, the player actually fielding the army gets to decide which figure(s) to sit. You have to bring all 4 MWs.
I think you still answered the question. But I was referring to an army that isn't over the figure or hex limit.

I just want to reduce the figures of one of my armies to balance it better against the other one I am bringing.
Old June 18th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks to GaryLASQ & MS for their responses to my question. Much appreciated!

Ry--don't let some of us's current obsession with bring-2 bring you down. Speaking for myself (but I'm sure others would echo similar sentiments) if I were to say something like, "I don't like RTW" it would only be in the context of having the alternatives now. RTW was and is a good idea--it's just that there are other good ideas that have superseded it, at least in my humble (and, as always, perhaps ill-informed!) opinion.

To kevindola's question--that sounds like something different TDs might decide differently and would depend on their personal decision as to the specifics of what they want for the format. I've not heard of it before and am guessing there may be no consensus (but I'm happy to be shown I'm wrong, if I am).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's