Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM

klovely is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
flag bearers?

I have been playing pretty much just casual, but recently i have been wanting to get into the tourney scene. I am expanding my collection and have purchased several flag bearers. Are they actually any good?, do they see any tourney play?
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: flag bearers?

The only two that really see tourney time are Sir Gilbert (he's AMAZING with the knights) and Laglor (he makes Vydar's great range even better). Ornak is probably the next best, but generally the Orcs have better bonding options for tourney play. Acolarh and HamTaro don't belong anywhere near a tourney.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:13 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
The only two that really see tourney time are Sir Gilbert (he's AMAZING with the knights) and Laglor (he makes Vydar's great range even better). Ornak is probably the next best, but generally the Orcs have better bonding options for tourney play. Acolarh and HamTaro don't belong anywhere near a tourney.
Not all true. Hatamoto would be good with an all-samauri army. But the rest of it I agree with.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:14 PM

klovely is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

ok thanks, i order a set of the knights and sir gilbert on the same day. The other i have is ornak

melee FTW
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Not all true. Hatamoto would be good with an all-samauri army.
Which army is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Not all true. Hatamoto would be good with an all-samauri army ON A VERY TINY BOARD AGAINST ALL NON RANGED OPPONENTS But the rest of it I agree with.

Fixed!!!
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Not all true. Hatamoto would be good with an all-samauri army ON A VERY TINY BOARD AGAINST ALL NON RANGED OPPONENTS But the rest of it I agree with.

Fixed!!!

I like Ornak a lot because if you have good Utgar figures in your army you can get a nice amount of more moves than your opponent in 1 round. An example would be like orc champions or Cyprien Esenwein and Isamu or TKN and NGS.

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Lucas the beast is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
I like Ornak a lot because if you have good Utgar figures in your army you can get a nice amount of more moves than your opponent in 1 round. An example would be like orc champions or Cyprien Esenwein and Isamu or TKN and NGS.
If your looking for movement Sir Gilbert is the Epitome of that. He also gives you alot of attacks and moves every turn as to just one a round with Ornak. Gilbert also has the best stats of any flagbearer. I'd say him and Laglor are the best except Laglor is the king of turtles imo.

-Lucas
Old October 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM

chispito is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas the beast View Post
Quote:
If your looking for movement Sir Gilbert is the Epitome of that. He also gives you alot of attacks and moves every turn as to just one a round with Ornak. Gilbert also has the best stats of any flagbearer. I'd say him and Laglor are the best except Laglor is the king of turtles imo.

-Lucas
Unfortunately, Ornak is too divided in his abilities to be anywhere near as effective as Gilbert. Part of his value only applies to orc warrior armies, and the other part only applies to Utgar hero armies. Gilbert is a lean, mean, knight-enhancing machine.
Old October 5th, 2009, 08:50 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

500 point Flag-bearer armies that are seen in tournaments all the time:

Sir Gilbert - 105
Knights of Weston x3 - 315
Nilfheim - 500

Sir Gilbert - 105
Knights of Weston x2 - 245
4th Massachusettes Line x2 - 385
Alastair Macdirk - 495

Major Q9 - 180
Raelin - 260
Krav Maga Agents - 360
Laglor - 470
Marcu - 490
Isamu - 500

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion