Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Yeah, the last time we had a "unchecked" Democrat president?... Carter! (good times, good times... )

We'll see what happens, but I do find it scary that the nation just elected the most inexperienced and radically liberal candidate to the presidency of the United States, along with a majority liberal Congress and majority liberal Senate...

The way I see it, our nation just elected a bumper sticker... All rhetoric and feel-good slogans, without a past record to back it up.

Pray for our nation, and hang onto your pocketbooks!

And no, I'm not all doom and gloom, but there are valid concerns. A big one for me is the so-called "Fairness" Doctrine that is intended by the democrats to squash the opposition's voice and kill talk radio. The Dems can't succeed in the arena of talk radio themselves (ie: bankrupt Air America), so they need to kill conservative talk radio with a new "fairness doctrine" law.... Perhaps the biggest attack on free speech we're going to see in our time.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

(note that my Nuke puff has burnt out...)

You people (YEAH, I SAID YOU PEOPLE ) need to be ashamed of yourselves.

LOST FaiTH!?!?!?!

This is, and has been, the greatest nation on the face of the earth, and will remain so. This is because of our culture and most importantly, the PEOPLE of this great land. Do not allow the POLITICIANS to determine how you feel about your country, folks. Look around you at the resilience, the strength and courage, the eternal optimism of this wonderful country, and marvel that you are so undoubtedly blessed to live in such a land.

Shame...

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
And no, I'm not all doom and gloom, but there are valid concerns. A big one for me is the so-called "Fairness" Doctrine that is intended by the democrats to squash the opposition's voice and kill talk radio. The Dems can't succeed in the arena of talk radio themselves (ie: bankrupt Air America), so they need to kill conservative talk radio with a new "fairness doctrine" law.... Perhaps the biggest attack on free speech we're going to see in our time.
Fixed!

If I could give you positive rep again today, I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

I would like to see how Obama runs this country. It will be interesting to see how well he does despite his lack of executive experience and the crises he has inherited. We shall see, Scapers', we shall see.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:26 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Holy crap! The election was yesterday???
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with your concerns on the fairness doctrine....that kind of censorship is truly scary, I am hoping Obama walks away from it.

As for Sour grapes....not at all...perhaps a change in direction may be good for a while. Living under President Clinton while in the service and watching my soldiers collect welfare was hard....but I will tell you now, I was not any less proud of my country nor had I lost faith in it. I would have died for Clinton just as I would have Bush or Obama....I think those that are only happy when their agenda is the one being pushed need to find a country to where they can be assured of what they will get.

I wonder if the Bathist party in Iraq has lost faith in their country lately? Things are not going really well for them as of late.
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
I agree with your concerns on the fairness doctrine....that kind of censorship is truly scary, I am hoping Obama walks away from it.

As for Sour grapes....not at all...perhaps a change in direction may be good for a while. Living under President Clinton while in the service and watching my soldiers collect welfare was hard....but I will tell you now, I was not any less proud of my country nor had I lost faith in it. I would have died for Clinton just as I would have Bush or Obama....I think those that are only happy when their agenda is the one being pushed need to find a country to where they can be assured of what they will get.

I wonder if the Bathist party in Iraq has lost faith in their country lately? Things are not going really well for them as of late.
That's a healthy attitude Sky!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
And you can crucify me if you want, but I agree with Gulp in spirit - I have a lot more faith in this country now than I did in 04. That faith has been beaten down for eight years, and I'm glad to get some back. I still would rather see Nader, but I can't wait to see what Obama's going to do.
Allow me to clarify.

As the Bush administration ran this country for the last eight years, I saw the effect of that leadership on the people of this country. Radical conservatives have always been around, but they flourished and grew during the last eight years. Like a frog will sit quietly in a pot of water as it comes to a boil, we saw our civil liberties and our freedoms evaporate, and nobody did anything about it. We willingly submitted to otherwise-unlawful searches. We acquiesced to wiretaps on our own citizens. We willingly gave up personal information without question. When Bush hired an attorney to see what we could legally do to torture our enemies, we didn't fight it. We allowed ourselves to be embroiled in external conflict that did absolutely nothing to serve the best interests of our nation, and actively challenged anyone who voiced dissent.

As I am fervently anti-Dubya, it is no surprise to say I have more faith in our new leadership than I did before. But the leadership at the top will be reflected in the nation, and over the last eight years, I have been steadily losing faith in the judgment and courage of the American people. Some of that faith has been restored. I hope to see more restored over the next four years.

EDIT: And I resent anyone suggesting that I'm somehow unAmerican because I was dismayed at the behavior of this nation for the last eight years. I don't dislike Bush because I'm unAmerican. I dislike Bush because I love this country, and watching him do incredible harm for the last eight years should be painful to any patriot.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'm still not sure on the civil liberties and whatnot - me, I'm a pretty on-the-ball kind of guy and I really didn't see any real difference between pre-Patriot and post-Patriot act.

I understand the hooplah, but really, was anyone you know (or yourself) affected by these 'civil liberties violations'?

Hey IMAX, who called you Unamerican? I need to drop a neg-rep bomb on that sucker!!!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

I am deeply upset over the passing of Proposition 8 in California. (Ban on gay marriage), hopefully something can and will be done to help change it back to being open for everyone. Especially since farm animals now are required to have better living conditions before I eat them.

I also wish to second what IMax has stated above.

DWARVES!
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I am deeply upset over the passing of Proposition 8 in California. (Ban on gay marriage), hopefully something can and will be done to help change it back to being open for everyone. Especially since farm animals now are required to have better living conditions before I eat them.

I also wish to second what IMax has stated above.
I applaud California for exercising their constitutional democratic vote in this manner... no matter what we may or may not agree with about Prop 8, it's far better for a constitutional vote of the people to decide the issue than one activist judge legislating from the bench. Agreed?

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 5th, 2008, 12:10 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I'm still not sure on the civil liberties and whatnot - me, I'm a pretty on-the-ball kind of guy and I really didn't see any real difference between pre-Patriot and post-Patriot act.

I understand the hooplah, but really, was anyone you know (or yourself) affected by these 'civil liberties violations'?
The slow creep. "It doesn't effect me, so shy should I care" is a horrible argument. Just because "you" didn't see any difference doesn't mean that civil liberties weren't violated. I am not equating America under Bush to Nazi Germany. But this example is pertinent.

The Slow Creep of Fascism

"What happened was the gradual habituation of the people, little by little, to be governed by surprise, to receiving decisions deliberated in secret; to believe that the situation was so complicated that the government had to act on information which the people could not understand, or so dangerous that, even if people could understand it, it could not be released because of national security.

"The crises and reforms (real reforms too) so occupied the people that they did not see the slow motion underneath, of the whole process of government growing remoter and remoter.

"To live in the process is absolutely not to notice it -- please try to believe me -- unless one has a much greater degree of political awareness, acuity, than most of us ever had occasion to develop. Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, 'regretted.'

"Believe me, this is true. Each act, each occasion is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next, and the next. You wait for one shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join you in resisting somehow.

"Suddenly it all comes down, all at once. You see what you are, what you have done, or, more accurately, what you haven't done (for that was all that was required of most of us: that we did nothing) ... You remember everything now, and your heart breaks. Too late. You are compromised beyond repair."

[An anonymous German college professor describing the coming of fascism. From 'They Thought They Were Free: The Germans 1939-1945', by Milton Mayer, a stunning and chilling account of ordinary people in extraordinary times.]

http://raenergy.blogspot.com/2006/05...mans-1939.html

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General