Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 25th, 2015, 07:08 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Double-Based Superheroes

That's actually another reason I'm looking for double-based supers. It adds tactical variety.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 25th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Double-Based Superheroes

Dragon Man is pretty sweet. He can fly and both his special ranged attack and his non-ranged normal attack are 'explosion' attacks.

Satanus has a Stomp like power that is quite awesome.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 18th, 2018, 03:12 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The "Give NecroBlade Superhero Info" Thread

Superhero question number two!

I'm trying to start finalizing some of my customs with playtests then locking in point costs. I'm starting with variations of the official figures, the ones that were announced for Wave I*, a "Wave II" of characters that would've helped round out the official game, then characters that have a lot of customs on HSers for me to base my own on. Problem I've run into is, that last group includes way more heroes than villains.

So, what I need from you nerds is: the 15 most iconic villains (4 of which must be DC and the rest Marvel), not included in the following list:
  • Abomination
  • Bullseye
  • Dr. Doom
  • Dr. Octopus
  • Joker
  • Juggernaut
  • Kingpin
  • Loki
  • Magneto
  • Mandarin
  • Mystique
  • Red Skull
  • Sabertooth
  • Sandman
  • Super Skrull
  • Thanos
  • Venom

If it helps, the DC heroes I have are: Aquaman, Batman (whose nemesis Joker already appears), Flash, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

Basically I've based lots of superhero customs on the great cards created by this community, and I'm trying to break them up into chunks to playtest and finalize until I've developed a large enough bunch of my own superheroes to really start playing games with.

*@skyknight, if your NDA is expired, now would be the time.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 18th, 2018, 06:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Carnage
Rhino
Green goblin
Hob goblin
Vulture
Crossbones
Taskmaster is one id really like to see.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 18th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Superhero question number two!

I'm trying to start finalizing some of my customs with playtests then locking in point costs. I'm starting with variations of the official figures, the ones that were announced for Wave I*, a "Wave II" of characters that would've helped round out the official game, then characters that have a lot of customs on HSers for me to base my own on. Problem I've run into is, that last group includes way more heroes than villains.

So, what I need from you nerds is: the 15 most iconic villains (4 of which must be DC and the rest Marvel), not included in the following list:
  • Abomination
  • Bullseye
  • Dr. Doom
  • Dr. Octopus
  • Joker
  • Juggernaut
  • Kingpin
  • Loki
  • Magneto
  • Mandarin
  • Mystique
  • Red Skull
  • Sabertooth
  • Sandman
  • Super Skrull
  • Thanos
  • Venom

If it helps, the DC heroes I have are: Aquaman, Batman (whose nemesis Joker already appears), Flash, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

Basically I've based lots of superhero customs on the great cards created by this community, and I'm trying to break them up into chunks to playtest and finalize until I've developed a large enough bunch of my own superheroes to really start playing games with.

*@skyknight, if your NDA is expired, now would be the time.
Trying to think of nemeses for the DC heroes you have: Superman could go up against Luthor and/or Darkseid (Darkseid is a better match, Luthor is arguably more iconic, though not a great fit for a Superman villain, IMO - works better as a Justice League one), Flash could be matched against Grodd, and Aquaman and Wonder Woman... not a clue.

Just thinking of iconic villains that are missing in that list:

Green Goblin (of Spider-Man's villains, he's probably the most iconic, right up there with Doc Ock and Venom and possibly beyond them)
Ultron
Apocalypse
Galactus (a bit too big, though, probably )
and... I'm running out of easy suggestions. I could rattle off Spidey-villains, but if you've got Kingpin, Sandman, Doc Ock and Venom already, really should add GG because of how iconic he is and then add more, it could get a little Spidey-heavy. I've never read any comics, so there's only so much I cann help.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 18th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Hmm. I guess for DC, if you're looking for a line-up of villains to match the Heroes, like the Marvel master set, I'd go:
  • Black Manta
  • Cheetah
  • Reverse-Flash
  • Lex Luthor

If you weren't looking to go 1-1, I'd suggest bumping Manta and Cheetah for Catwoman and Darkseid.

You could reasonably swap in Captain Cold for Reverse-Flash, but Captain Cold would probably want some Rogues to buddy up with, whereas Reverse-Flash could more easily be more stand-alone.

On the Marvel side of things, working off the top of my head and probably forgetting a bunch of characters, I'd suggest something like:
  • Apocalypse
  • Baron Zemo
  • Dormammu
  • Enchantress
  • Galactus
  • Green Goblin
  • Kang
  • Leader
  • M.O.D.O.K.
  • Sentinels
  • Ultron

And then I guess Taskmaster and Carnage are the first characters that spring to mind, if you wanted some alternates for Galactus and the Sentinels (due to size or probable uncommon status)
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:45 PM

Yeah I'd prefer to go 1-1 with the DC heroes if possible, since I'm only working with 5 of them for now. I'm not really worried about power levels matching per se, since as pointed out Lex Luthor is probably most iconic for Superman.

Galactus, Sentinels, and the like will be done eventually. But for now they're a little beyond the scope.

Getting Spidey-heavy is definitely a concern. Are there particular Spidey-allies you'd recommend to balance things out? My hero roster is full up to this point like I said, but I could try to include them in the following round.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

It's tricky not to go Spider-Man-heavy. Best villains in the Marvel U.

Not too many really iconic recurring allies, though. Black Cat, Silver Sable, Scarlet Spider, and Cloak and Dagger are probably the biggest ones.

(You could arguably count Daredevil, but obviously he's kind of a big deal in his own right)
Old March 19th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's tricky not to go Spider-Man-heavy. Best villains in the Marvel U.

Not too many really iconic recurring allies, though. Black Cat, Silver Sable, Scarlet Spider, and Cloak and Dagger are probably the biggest ones.

(You could arguably count Daredevil, but obviously he's kind of a big deal in his own right)
Daredevil definitely helps balance out if you have Kingpin and Bullseye on the other side, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'll keep those in mind for the next phase, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Daredevil definitely helps balance out if you have Kingpin and Bullseye on the other side, though.
Luckily Daredevil easily secured his place as iconic already.

Here's the suggestions so far.

Marvel:
  • Absorbing Man
  • Apocalypse x5
  • Baron Mordo
  • Baron Zemo x3
  • Blob
  • Carnage x2
  • Collector
  • Crimson Dynamo
  • Crossbones
  • Emma Frost
  • Enchantress
  • Green Goblin x6
  • Hobgoblin
  • The Hood
  • Leader x3
  • Mister Sinister
  • M.O.D.O.K. x4
  • Mole Man
  • Rhino x2
  • Ronan the Accuser
  • Taskmaster x2
  • Vulture
  • Wrecking Crew

Based on the drafts I have to far, Carnage, Green Goblin, Rhino, and Vulture are all likely includes... curse you, Spider-Man! If someone could point me in the direction of ideas for Collector, Crossbones, and Dormammu, that'd be cool.

DC:
  • Ares
  • Black Manta x3
  • Captain Cold x2
  • Catwoman x2
  • Cheetah x3
  • Darkseid x3
  • Gorilla Grodd x2
  • Harley Quinn
  • Lex Luthor x4
  • Reverse-Flash x2
  • Zoom

Black Manta, Captain Cold, Catwoman, Cheetah, Darkseid, Gorilla Grodd, and Lex Luthor are all reasonably far along in my drafts as well. I'd need ideas for Reverse Flash.

On Hold:
  • Dormammu x3
  • Galactus x3
  • Kang x4
  • Sentinel
  • Ultron x5

Galactus/Dormammu because they're just too epic right now (and I don't have a mini anyway); the others because I'm likely to implement them as Uncommon Heroes which maybe I'll work on as a batch. This made me wonder if speedsters like Flash could have a cool Uncommon version, basically where they're so fast they're in multiple places at once. Functions like Heroclix's new stuff in a way, where you can pay varying amounts for the same hero, just with different clicks of Life (and sometimes different powers).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; March 21st, 2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: thru #29
Old March 19th, 2018, 10:17 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

As a long time Marvel enthusiast these would be my picks in no particular order.

1. Green Goblin
2. Kang
3. Mole Man
4. Leader
5. Rhino
6. Modok
7. Collector
8. Ultron
9. Apocalypse
10. Baron Zemo
11. Dormmamu
Old March 19th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Hmm, interesting. That's a very restrictive list you're starting us off with.

#1 Green Goblin
#2 Ultron
#3 Kang the Conqueror
#4 Apocalypse
#5 Galactus
#6 Dormammu
#7 Baron Zemo
#8 MODOK
#9 The Hood
#10 Emma Frost*
#11 Ronan the Accuser^

*Possibly more a hero than a villain at this point.
^The Kree in general, but Ronan is the most prominent Kree the same way Super-Skrull is the most prominent Skrull.

For DC, a bit easier. That being said, it's essentially just Superman and Batman villains, because they're the most prominent.

#1 Lex Luthor
#2 Darkseid
#3 Catwoman
#4 Harley Quinn

If you wanted something more balanced, I'd go with:

#1 Lex Luthor
#2 Ares
#3 Black Manta
#4 Captain Cold

You can argue for Reverse-Flash/Zoom over Captain Cold, but the Rogues are WAY more interesting. Cheetah maybe over Ares, but he's supplanted her in recent years as they lean more into her Greek mythology heritage. It's a more even match, so I can't blame them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations