Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 9th, 2018, 11:07 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Louisville, KY Events: NHSD Oct. ?

Put me and Father of Julian on the list!

Oct. 20th is good for us!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Last edited by outforblood; September 10th, 2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Updated the date to the 20th. Thoughts on this format?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I like the idea of three 170-point pods per player. That totals our usual 510 nicely. Probably no Marvel so everyone doesn't bring a Spider-Man/Isamu and Venom/Marcu pod...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 12th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Updated the date to the 20th. Thoughts on this format?
I really like Cluster Draft, I think it's a sweet format.
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:20 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville, KY Events: NHSD Oct. 20

I should be there too. Maybe I can carpool with Dayton People, and I can carpool with you all to Dayton the next weekend (I am on the way on I-71/I-75). I like cluster draft. Only suggestion is each map have 1 or two "clusters" on the map to draft from. Only question is can a common be in more than one cluster?
Old September 13th, 2018, 06:41 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I like cluster draft. Only suggestion is each map have 1 or two "clusters" on the map to draft from. Only question is can a common be in more than one cluster?
An extra cluster at each map is an interesting twist. I'll probably have enough trouble coming up with my own clusters without making extras, though, haha. Commons should probably be restricted to a single cluster. (Sorry, @Viideosayg , no Stingers + Stingers + 50 pts x3).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:36 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Can someone please explain to me this pod cluster draft format?

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 13th, 2018, 11:04 AM

Everybody brings several pods of units, in this case three pods worth 170 points* each. Before each match, both players roll off d20s and whoever rolls higher chooses who picks a pod first. First pick takes 1 pod, second pick takes 2, then alternating 1 and 1** until both players have their armies, made up of three different pods.

So, example. They bring:
Player 1 Pod 1: 2x Stingers, Marro Warriors
P1P2: Su-Bak-Na, Isamu
P1P3: Marro Hive, Otonashi

Player 2 Pod 1: 2x Knights, Eldgrim
P2P2: Thorgrim, Finn, Isamu
P2P3: Sir Gilbert, Johnny Shotgun

Player 1 rolls a 12 and Player 2 a 16, so Player 2 chooses to pick first. Player 2 takes P1P1. Player 1 chooses P2P1 and P1P2. Player 2 takes P2P3. Player 1, P2P2. And Player 2 is left with P1P3.

So the armies they'll be playing with this game are:
Player 1: 2x Knights, Eldgrim, Su-Bak-Na, Isamu x2, Thorgrim, Finn
Player 2: 2x Stingers, Marro Warriors, Sir Gilbert, Johnny Shotgun, Marro Hive, Otonashi

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying that these are good pod choices, merely made up on the spot for the example. ( Though I wouldn't put it past @Phantom to steal them. )

*may need to add a minimum, so people don't mess with the system by just bringing Otonashi, but you're as likely to screw yourself as your opponent, so probably unnecessary. Loookin' at you, though, @Son of Chompy
**pretty sure the snake draft is used for this format, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Everybody brings several pods of units, in this case three pods worth 170 points* each. Before each match, both players roll off d20s and whoever rolls higher chooses who picks a pod first. First pick takes 1 pod, second pick takes 2, then alternating 1 and 1** until both players have their armies, made up of three different pods.

So, example. They bring:
Player 1 Pod 1: 2x Stingers, Marro Warriors
P1P2: Su-Bak-Na, Isamu
P1P3: Marro Hive, Otonashi

Player 2 Pod 1: 2x Knights, Eldgrim
P2P2: Thorgrim, Finn, Isamu
P2P3: Sir Gilbert, Johnny Shotgun

Player 1 rolls a 12 and Player 2 a 16, so Player 2 chooses to pick first. Player 2 takes P1P1. Player 1 chooses P2P1 and P1P2. Player 2 takes P2P3. Player 1, P2P2. And Player 2 is left with P1P3.

So the armies they'll be playing with this game are:
Player 1: 2x Knights, Eldgrim, Su-Bak-Na, Isamu x2, Thorgrim, Finn
Player 2: 2x Stingers, Marro Warriors, Sir Gilbert, Johnny Shotgun, Marro Hive, Otonashi

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying that these are good pod choices, merely made up on the spot for the example. ( Though I wouldn't put it past @Phantom to steal them. )

*may need to add a minimum, so people don't mess with the system by just bringing Otonashi, but you're as likely to screw yourself as your opponent, so probably unnecessary. Loookin' at you, though, @Son of Chompy
**pretty sure the snake draft is used for this format, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Interesting... I'm surprised I never heard of this format before. Thanks for the example.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Old September 20th, 2018, 07:02 AM

So I just realized I have a wedding to attend on the 20th... any objections to the 13th?

@Phantom
@Mr_Chompy
@Viideosayg
@outforblood
@lefton4ya

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; September 20th, 2018 at 07:21 AM.
Old September 20th, 2018, 07:41 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Mhh. If I wanted to I could do NHSD 3 weeks in a row. You guys then Cleveland/Pittsburgh then Dayton. However I was planning on going to CinCityCon on 12-14. Decisions decisions.
Old September 20th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

I don't have anything going on, so I'm good with the 13th
Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
So I just realized I have a wedding to attend on the 20th... any objections to the 13th?

@Phantom
@Mr_Chompy
@Viideosayg
@outforblood
@lefton4ya
The 13th is a no go for me.

SCAPE OR DIE!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events