Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 26th, 2018, 11:10 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Overwhelmed by Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBaggins View Post
."

So where do I go from here without having to rob a bank?
I have Rise of the Valkyrie as I mentioned and I've just ordered Swarm of the Marro and the Castle expansion from a really nice
What would be next that you'd concider essential?
I think this is one we are going to play a lot of.
We are definitely a board game family
Gears of War
Clank in Space
Space Cadets away missions
Legendary encounters etc.
But this is really special, such a shame it will never come back.
Not sure it's been said but grab a cheep copy of Arena of the Plane walker. you should be able to get it for 5 bucks and the cardboard mats it comes with are the same as scape and allows you to use your terrain to build up instead of laying it out as a base. the game is not bad either and you get a hand full more tiles and some compatible dice to boot.
Plus the figures are the perfect size for HeroScape miniatures, so they're fairly likely to be used either by C3V or SoV at some point in the future. At the very least, they can serve as some good proxies for rarer figures.
Old August 27th, 2018, 05:20 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

+1 to all greetings
+1 to the recommendations for C3G and C3V

I would also like to add HoSS to the list. If your family likes Star Wars, there are figures there from episodes IV-VI and the miniatures from WotC are much easier to find than HeroScape. Occaisionally you can even get a bigger collection with a ton of figures. Or newer games like Star Wars Imperial Assault or Star Wars Legions also offer fitting miniatures, albeit unpainted.

Mats are also great, and could even be printed on your own. After moving to Germany, before moving my HeroScape collection, I printed off maps used for Online Scape and used them to play on. Doesn't look as cool, but is very playable.

Somewhere there are also 2-D pictures of the figures that you could print off and mount on tokens in order to have full access to all of the official stuff.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 27th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

@DarthBaggins

Another option is 3D prints. This is especially true of the Forgotten Forest trees and the glaciers and rock outcrops. They all 3D print well, and you don't need to paint them.

For figures, you'll have to do some painting, and we don't have all the squad figures scanned, but you can get almost a complete collection that way for a lot less. If you don't have a 3D printer, you might be able to get someone with a good printer to print them for you. My printer is not as high resolution as others, but I'm pretty happy with my proxies, and I'd be willing to print some at very reasonable prices.
Old August 27th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Time for a new thread! "Overwhelmed by Overwhelmed by Heroscape."

Seriously, Darth, I don't think there's any way to mess this up. Consider the many fine options you've seen here, and decide what feels best for you. Keep asking questions if you want.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 27th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Time for a new thread! "Overwhelmed by Overwhelmed by Heroscape."

Seriously, Darth, I don't think there's any way to mess this up. Consider the many fine options you've seen here, and decide what feels best for you. Keep asking questions if you want.
Accused and Guilty of being too helpful - that is the Heroscapers community in a nut shell.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 28th, 2018, 01:32 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Man I'm in the same boat...Well almost. I was a hardcore Scaper about 10 years ago, played dozens of tournaments and had it all! Then we ran out of space and moved so I had to sell off my collection... now I'm sitting here trying to get it all back. It will take a couple years from the looks of it! The prices are insane on the second hand market. Not to mention finding people to play with locally. Good luck on your journey.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old August 28th, 2018, 02:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Man I'm in the same boat...Well almost. I was a hardcore Scaper about 10 years ago, played dozens of tournaments and had it all! Then we ran out of space and moved so I had to sell off my collection... now I'm sitting here trying to get it all back. It will take a couple years from the looks of it! The prices are insane on the second hand market. Not to mention finding people to play with locally. Good luck on your journey.
I've actually seen a few people in Dayton on here. I noticed because I spend a few weeks a year visiting my father in law in the area.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 28th, 2018, 03:22 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I've actually seen a few people in Dayton on here. I noticed because I spend a few weeks a year visiting my father in law in the area.
Hit me up for a game the next time you're in town!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old August 29th, 2018, 05:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

So, where in NJ are you? If you are near NYC, hit my signature line below, and welcome to the New York City Gang of Four! We've been playing monthly for about 11 years, and just took in a new person.

If not, check out the Heroscape Community site section which will help you find or advertise for other scapers in your specific area on that thread. There is also an Events thread there for local gatherings!
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:55 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Not to mention finding people to play with locally.
IIRC @lefton4ya is somewhere around Cincinnati. He comes down to our monthly Louisville games fairly often.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; August 29th, 2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: also welcome back
Old August 29th, 2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Not to mention finding people to play with locally.
IIRC @lefton4ya is somewhere around Cincinnati. He comes down to our monthly Louisville games fairly often.
One of these days I'll make my way down there for a tourny! (Or maybe just a casual game would be cool too)

But... if any of you make your way up here hit me up! I know a cool spot that's down with HS. Look up D20 Bar in Kettering Ohio!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:59 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

2.5 hrs up is probably worth a shot one of these days. FWIW, we don't really do "tournaments" down here any more, just game days where we try to mix up the rules and play unique formats. It is nice to return to standard kill 'em all games every now and then, but even then we don't have any prize structure, even for the "winner".

I will have to make sure we have more tournament-oriented/prized events structured for Oct. (NHSD) and Nov. (we play Thanksgiving weekend since we get an influx of out-of-towners visiting relatives). Hmm...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion