Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 14th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Most recently I got in a few games of Castle Panic (which I think is just okay), King of Tokyo and Last Night on Earth (which I still love).
Have you tried Castle Panic with the the expansions? They make it a little tougher to win, but add some tougher monsters, cool cards, new effects.

The Wizard's Tower expansion replaces a normal tower with a wizard tower. So long as the tower remains standing, you can draw Wizard Spell cards on your Discard and Draw step. Also adds fire, and monsters with 4 and 5 hit points, as well as new cards.

The Titan Expansion (I think that's the name) adds some more cool cards, a Cavalier (who's bada$$, by the way), and an 8-hit point monster with 5 levels of difficulty to it.

We beat regular CP enough that we only play with the expansions (and usually use everything without discarding any monster tokens as the rules for the expansion(s) suggests) and have a great time doing so. Makes it more enjoyable, in my opinion.
No, just the base game. I own most of the games for my group, but not this one, so I'll let them handle the expansion. Wizards Tower has been mentioned.

Last night I played Warmachine:
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Finally got to play Fortune and Glory for the first time! Getting through the rulebook was a bit of a bear, but then we played a four player coop against Nazi scum, which was a lot of fun, even though we lost, and the fourth reich was in full effect.

Then we rounded things out with a quick four player game of Sentinels of the Multiverse that ended in the Chairman and his Operative giving Ra, Bunker, Expatriette, and (my) Setback a beatdown.

Lots of bumps and bruises, but a fun time was still had by all! Can't wait to play more Fortune and Glory now ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 15th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Been surprisingly impressed with Dominion: Adventures. A strong set of intriguing cards, imo. Also recently (finally) acquired Cleopatra and the Society of Architects and Neuroshima Hex. Two of my grail games. Loved them both!
Old May 15th, 2015, 01:26 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tried Penny Press out last night. Pretty solid light quick Euro.
Old May 16th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Went to a baby shower/game day today and played Batman Love Letter, Eight-Minute Empire, Splendor and Guildhall. Good time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 16th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Now that is an awesome baby shower!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 16th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Now that is an awesome baby shower!
Yeah, the womenfolk were in one part of the building doing their baby shower stuff, while the soon-to-be father and the rest of the menfolk were in another room playing games.

Some other guys played, Rattlebones, Power Grid and Farmageddon

The event was posted on our group's Facebook page as Jesse's Expansion Release Party. Figuring that a new baby could also be considered like a game expansion

Old May 16th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
The event was posted on our group's Facebook page as Jesse's Expansion Release Party. Figuring that a new baby could also be considered like a game expansion
It's funnier if you don't explain it.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 16th, 2015, 09:55 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

I recently played -- oh wait, that's right, I don't have any spare time on my hands. Never mind, I haven't recently played any board games.

~JS
Old May 16th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
It's funnier if you don't explain it.
Yeah, I have a bad habit of over-explaining. I can tell a 2 minute story in about 10 minutes. Though I've gotten somewhat better as I try to pay attention to see if people I'm explaining something to start to get that glossy-eyed blank stare look. I try to cut the story short before getting to that point, sometimes it works

Old May 17th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Successfully defended the realm this morning with the Wizard, Dwarf and Paladin. Wins are tough in this game, so it was very much celebrated.

Old May 17th, 2015, 12:27 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Visiting out in Nassau County, Long Island with the LI Heroscape Gang, I played in a killer three player four hour game of Classic/Custom Scape. It was a 'Dragonfight' scenario with glyphs. The advantage and diplomacy changed every couple of turns during all this time, and the winner only had three Havach Eradicators left after the other two of us lost our last single figures! I also got to use the brand new C3V Zettian Deathwings (I calls em 'Zee Dees.') Backed up by Raelin, two squads of them made scary opponents for my enemies, even after I'd lost my heavy hitters.

Three of the five players brought Quahon, although not everyone pronounced his name properly (Qwa-hoon)! So The Big Q is currently Top Dragon around here, even though he wasn't on the winning team in our game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games