Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old September 20th, 2019, 11:48 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
@TREX - wiping off the wash to create highlights is a cool tip!
It saves time as well while still looking great.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 21st, 2019, 10:53 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@mac122 , Pretty stoked. I just finished the roll of White filament you hooked me up with. I ran it non stop with no problems what so ever on my Snapmaker. I ran it with all my stock settings and didn't have to do anything special with my bed heat or anything. I ran it at 200C degrees for the hot end temp, and 50C degrees on the heated bed. I do regularly change out my print bed stickers when they lose some of the adhesive properties, but that shouldn't have affected you with a new machine. I have to sculpt the top of the last Baby Groot model I made for one of my nieces because the roll ran out with about 15 minutes left on the print. That is one feature about my snapmaker software that isn't as great. It has no pause button or filament end sensor of any kind. I printed a bunch of stuff with it. I just loaded up the yellow and am trucking on. Most of my prints get painted anyway, so the color isn't too relevant, but I'm excited to try the red and the green for Heroscape pieces. I may try to print some more Lava tiles with the red I imagine that would be pretty awesome. I'm making some more Large Legion Bases for my next handful of Rancors I have printed. This model is sweet.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3181202

Its easily my favorite Rancor model to paint. I print it on its back with supports just touching the build plate. This allows the teeth and face to come out beautiful every time. I've had to fix a couple fingers on some of the 5 models Ive printed but the supports come off pretty well. The Model is Great. I just gave one to @BiggaBullfrog , that I based for a HoSS figure because he is awesome and helps take care of the Utah Scaper Monthlies. He can vouch for the Awesomeness. He fits perfectly on a Large peanut base scaled at 100%. Though most of mine are going on Star Wars Legion Bases.

Old September 21st, 2019, 11:11 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@mac122 , Pretty stoked. I just finished the roll of White filament you hooked me up with. I ran it non stop with no problems what so ever on my Snapmaker. I ran it with all my stock settings and didn't have to do anything special with my bed heat or anything. I ran it at 200C degrees for the hot end temp, and 50C degrees on the heated bed. I do regularly change out my print bed stickers when they lose some of the adhesive properties, but that shouldn't have affected you with a new machine. I have to sculpt the top of the last Baby Groot model I made for one of my nieces because the roll ran out with about 15 minutes left on the print. That is one feature about my snapmaker software that isn't as great. It has no pause button or filament end sensor of any kind. I printed a bunch of stuff with it. I just loaded up the yellow and am trucking on. Most of my prints get painted anyway, so the color isn't too relevant, but I'm excited to try the red and the green for Heroscape pieces. I may try to print some more Lava tiles with the red I imagine that would be pretty awesome. I'm making some more Large Legion Bases for my next handful of Rancors I have printed. This model is sweet.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3181202

Its easily my favorite Rancor model to paint. I print it on its back with supports just touching the build plate. This allows the teeth and face to come out beautiful every time. I've had to fix a couple fingers on some of the 5 models Ive printed but the supports come off pretty well. The Model is Great. I just gave one to @BiggaBullfrog , that I based for a HoSS figure because he is awesome and helps take care of the Utah Scaper Monthlies. He can vouch for the Awesomeness. He fits perfectly on a Large peanut base scaled at 100%. Though most of mine are going on Star Wars Legion Bases.
Glad it's working for you! I will probably have to look at swapping out the printer bed sometime. Even with a glass top, I get some curling issues the closer I get to the edge. Edit: not as bad with Hatchbox, but still get some.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; September 21st, 2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old September 21st, 2019, 11:40 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What is a print bed sticker TREX?
Old September 21st, 2019, 12:21 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What is a print bed sticker TREX?
My heated bed is metal. It has a adhesive pad that sticks to the top that has a very lite texture that helps the prints stick to it. Over time it wears out from scraping prints off. If it wears out you lose adhesion. Adhesion has to do with a few things though.
-how well your nozzle is calibrated to the bed
-how warm your bed needs to stick to the filament
-the condition of the bed surface
-the temp of the filament coming out of the nozzle compared to what its requirements are.

Warping has to do with bed adhesion along with the temperature of the filament and how fast it cools.

You could search "adhesive bed sticker" mine has a specific one cut to a certain size but they come in larger sheets that can be cut to size as well.

Old September 21st, 2019, 01:02 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I just use a glass bed. No adhesion problems with PLA anymore.
Old September 21st, 2019, 01:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks.
Old September 21st, 2019, 04:10 PM

Lord Horc is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Wow, these matte versions are working really well. I just printed out the Arrow Gruts with no modifications -- just using Cura's Tree Support feature. So far I've done Arrow Grut (1) and (2), and each of them came out great. 35mins for each, only took about 2 minutes to remove the support.

The quality is a lot better than the old version as well (although that may be because I have also better calibrated my printer now).

Thanks for these files! Been a long time lurker, finally getting into printing them.
Old September 21st, 2019, 09:52 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Horc View Post
Wow, these matte versions are working really well. I just printed out the Arrow Gruts with no modifications -- just using Cura's Tree Support feature. So far I've done Arrow Grut (1) and (2), and each of them came out great. 35mins for each, only took about 2 minutes to remove the support.

The quality is a lot better than the old version as well (although that may be because I have also better calibrated my printer now).

Thanks for these files! Been a long time lurker, finally getting into printing them.
I compared them--these models are better than the older ones. Glad You're printing and enjoying them!
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:38 AM

Ambientjoe is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I printed this bad ass and painted her too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1k_7LllGky/
Thank you for uploading them
Old September 25th, 2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambientjoe View Post
I printed this bad ass and painted her too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1k_7LllGky/
Thank you for uploading them
Old September 25th, 2019, 05:37 PM

SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker SharkRider1 knows what's in an order marker

Hello,

New forum member, but I've been following this thread for a while and I wanted to say how impressive this work is. Having access to these models is amazing and really makes me wish I had a 3D printer so I could finally have duplicates of some of my common squads.

I also wanted to ask if there was any way to easily help fill in missing sculpts for you, as I have a number of the figures in my collection that are missing sculpts in the list, and I would love to be able to help the community out if I can.

Cheers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing